F1 2005!!!

Sport discussions.
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
Fishzn

F1 2005!!!

Post by Fishzn »

Hi guys/gals

Well upto this point i haven't seen a F1 thread for 2005, if there is one then please lock this one! Anyway i must say that i'm pretty pleased with the way things are going with the "other" teams. Here take a look at this:

http://f1.racing-live.com/en/index.html

I must say the Mclaren are looking far better in this seasons testing than last season, they haven't had many problems, and nothing really critical! Looks like the Mp20 can be a real contender for the title this time around! Kimi as always, forever professional, finishing the deal when its required of him! Just look at those test times! Knocking everyone by a second. I'm loving it! I'm getting my fix before Ferarri, rains on my parade!

However i wouldn't take these results as hard and fast, as we know that Ferarri rarely plays their full hand first up! I'm pretty sure they're getting the F2005 all geared up, not too impressive F2004M i must say though! Oh what do you guys think of BAR's youth test teams??? Alan v.d Merwe making it big for SA motorsport!! :) They should've put him in the 007, i just love that name! I'm sure James Allen has some lame- bottom comments about that!

Another interesting thing is ol' "launched by Mclaren" Heidfeld having a faster lap than supposed team leader Mark Webber! Ha, i just Love my F1, so many twists, so many hairpins! LOL.

What you fellers think??! :D Any bets being placed?
"For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
WiK1d

Post by WiK1d »

I thougt it was a new game! :stupid:
Slasher

Post by Slasher »

No bets...

All I can say is...

Go Kimi, Kimi... Go Kimi !!!!

Him alongside Montoya could just about give a veerrry interesting season...
My BF2142 Stats:

Slasher : Former member of www.PCFormat.co.za
I have reached the end of my near 5 year forum life. Farewell good days...

slasher (at) webmail (dot) co (dot) za
wit_skapie
Moderator Emeritus

Post by wit_skapie »

Sweet it's that time of the year again ... BMW will rule supreme :!:
Sojourn

Post by Sojourn »

Go Williams !!!!!!!!
Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Post by Anakha56 »

ahh the sport to end all sports damn i cant wait for it to start, i mean montoya vs kimi its going to be hectic indeed.
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
lancelot

Post by lancelot »

The start of the Schumacher procession, yawn!
wit_skapie
Moderator Emeritus

Post by wit_skapie »

lancelot wrote:The start of the Schumacher procession, yawn!
Schumacher? Who's he? Does he wash the F1 cars? :wink:
SquattingDog

Post by SquattingDog »

Yes, another week to wait untill Melbourne. For a change it feels good 2 be a McLaren fan. Testing did look good and I think PM & KR will push eachother hard, not off the racetrack I hope.

One thing that I don't like is the new tire rules for this year. Only one set may be used for the whole race distance. This rule was meant to decrease the speeds of the car, but did Max Mosley & Co. think about out of a safety point of view. :x 8O

This whole political issue reagrding some of the Carmakers breaking away and forming their own Formula is in a way good and bad for the sport. Good in the snese of fresh air always smells better, bad in a way that politics should be excluded from sport. Just look at the state of SA Sports when politics decide the outcome. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Anyway, I hope McLaren does good this year. Ferrari will only get their F2005 on the 6th race this year, maybe earlier. They should struggle at first but I think they will coms back hard as usual.
dammod

Post by dammod »

wit_skapie wrote:
NO, HE IS THE ONE WHO HAS BEEEN NAILING BMW FOR ALL THESE YEARS! HAHAHA!!!!!
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
VoodooProphetII

Post by VoodooProphetII »

SquattingDog wrote:Yes, another week to wait untill Melbourne. For a change it feels good 2 be a McLaren fan. Testing did look good and I think PM & KR will push eachother hard, not off the racetrack I hope.

One thing that I don't like is the new tire rules for this year. Only one set may be used for the whole race distance. This rule was meant to decrease the speeds of the car, but did Max Mosley & Co. think about out of a safety point of view. :x 8O

This whole political issue reagrding some of the Carmakers breaking away and forming their own Formula is in a way good and bad for the sport. Good in the snese of fresh air always smells better, bad in a way that politics should be excluded from sport. Just look at the state of SA Sports when politics decide the outcome. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Anyway, I hope McLaren does good this year. Ferrari will only get their F2005 on the 6th race this year, maybe earlier. They should struggle at first but I think they will coms back hard as usual.
I'm not sure about the Fagrari...ag I mean Ferrari team struggling too much the first couple of races, even with the old car. Look I'm a McLaren fan, and have been for about 14 years now, and will stick by my team forever...... The testeing, yes it went well, really well, but I'll wait and see. Schummi, well I can't really say anything about him...sinch my mommy told me, that if you can't say anything good about someone, rather say nothing at all..
GreyWolf
Processor: PHENOM II 945
Motherboard: Asus M4A78
Graphics card: HIS ICEQ 4850 1GB
Memory: 4GB CORSAIR XMS II 1066

Post by GreyWolf »

VoodooProphetII wrote: well I can't really say anything about him...sinch my mommy told me, that if you can't say anything good about someone, rather say nothing at all..
luckily I am not handicapped in the same way, and am free to say #!@#! Mr.Schumacher, @#!#$ him right in his @!#. He is such a #$$#@ing #!$#@$head. OS what if he is a good driver, it doesn;t give him the right to act like an #$#@$. Plus his face looks like it was put through a stretching machine. #@$$#@nut!
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist that black flag, and begin slitting throats."
- H. L. Mancken
VoodooProphetII

Post by VoodooProphetII »

Thank you....I had to get that out of my system... THank you really really ...I do appreciate it...
wit_skapie
Moderator Emeritus

Post by wit_skapie »

dammod wrote:
wit_skapie wrote:
hehe... good comeback :wink:
dammod

Post by dammod »

wit_skapie wrote:
dammod wrote:
wit_skapie wrote:
hehe... good comeback :wink:
Lol. thanks, I thought so too after you took a while to respond :-)

@ Gaywolf: He is better than any other person in F1 and he beats every other driver out there FAIR AND SQUARE!

Why are you so against him??? He is a legend that all the other drivers can only wish to be!!
SquattingDog

Post by SquattingDog »

No no no, 30% Driver skill 70% Engineering IMO.

Shummi AND Ferrari is a legend.(The package as he so calls it) Yes he is one of the best drivers, but he wouldn't be as good without the car.

Still, McLaren had a crap year in 2004. I'm not expecting them to win but expect them to do better, since they have two drivers who can think for themselves, DC was an idiot, FULLSTOP.
brabham

Post by brabham »

SquattingDog wrote:No no no, 30% Driver skill 70% Engineering IMO.

Shummi AND Ferrari is a legend.(The package as he so calls it) Yes he is one of the best drivers, but he wouldn't be as good without the car.
...and where might I ask was that car when he first joined Ferrari? People tend to conveniently forget that when Michael Schumacher joined Ferrari they had been in the wilderness of F1 for more than a decade. Gerhard Berger and Jean Alesi no more than perrenial strugglers in what we all know today as superbly designed projectiles. Schumacher helped make the Ferrari what it is today. Why should he not enjoy its successes? I think its pityful if as fans we cannot acknowledge greatness when we see it in the opposition. Even if the man is a **** as so many tend to think at least give credit where its due and acknowledge his tremendous driving skill and technical knowledge. What will you say in ten years when his legend is talked about? "Oh no he was a **** I never watced the races cause I couldn't stand him." Or perhaps "That idiot couldn't drive a mini he was just lucky he didn't have to." maybe even "He didn't really win all those points and races he was just lucky." Results speak for themselves my friends. Lets all give credit where its due ok.

Enough ranting...

I just came here to post about the 1st quali this morning. Then I saw this thread.

Moving right along...

Its gonna be a topsy turvy race and should be very entertaining for the fans. Fisichella probably has pole sewn up and I'd be hard pressed to put my money anywhere else for the win since his time advantage is so huge he can probably afford to fuel to the finish(if it were allowed) and still be fast enough to take pole out of the 2nd quali. Rotten luck for all the drivers that went out just after Fisi because the rain effectively screwed thier race weekend. With the new rules relating to engines and tyres this season I'm sure we wont be able to bank on reliability issues to get drivers off the track. Well not in the first race of the season anyways. Perhaps in the next race it will be a different situation. One engine per two races and no tyre changes allowed in a race I think that engine in Fisi's car will hold up just fine not to mention the harder compound tyres that will be used for all races from now on. The only thing that can go wrong in the first race would be driver error or maybe a pitcrew error but even that will be limited to skeleton staff and probably one stop for most teams. No tyre changing means the pitstop will probably only involve about 4 pitcrew members.

Anyways a goood start for rookie Indian driver Karthikeyan who managed a 9th place due to the inclement weather. The real bonus for him is that he was about 2 seconds faster than his teammate.

The Minardis in the end did go out in quali despite rumours to the contrary and as always managed to bring the whole show down to a procession. I am really starting to seriously dislike these guys for not playing by the rules. Credit thier Aussie owner for pulling on the heart strings of enough saps to get them the drive.

The McLaren's are looking good this year again and I hope to see a sustained challenge from Kimi again this season. I dont think JPM will ever outgrow his boyish mentality to become a star in F1. It must be said though that Renault is looking like supreme machinery. Look for them as dark horses again. Oh yeah and dont expect to see any "Powered by BMW" on any cars in the front. As for Ferrari, well lets just wait until Spain so we can get the real 2005 Ferrari to stand up. :P
I kill you in my dreams, I turn the other cheek during the day.

i5 2500k : ASUS P8P67 : ASUS 560ti : Antec High Current Pro 850 : 2x2GB G.Skill : 160GB + 1.5TB Seagate SATA 7200rpm : LG super multi DVD writer : Coolermaster Storm Enforcer
Screeper

Post by Screeper »

Keep an eye on Toyota as well, they're my pick as the dark horses this year.
Biggest budget by miles and still no results to write home about. The big bosses back in Japan must be putting the pressure on now.
No excuses. They've had more than enough time to develop the car.

@Brabham - totally agree with you re Mr Schumacher - he is a brilliant driver and fully deserves the accolades minus the insults.
They guy is superb with the Ferrari. Don't hate him cos he's the best and he's helped develop a monster F1 car.
I'm not a fan of his at all, i'm a Button fan but ole Micky certainly has been a cut above the rest in the last few seasons.
There are 10 types of people in this world.
Those who understand binary and those who do not.
GreyWolf
Processor: PHENOM II 945
Motherboard: Asus M4A78
Graphics card: HIS ICEQ 4850 1GB
Memory: 4GB CORSAIR XMS II 1066

Post by GreyWolf »

dammod wrote:@ Gaywolf: He is better than any other person in F1 and he beats every other driver out there FAIR AND SQUARE!

Why are you so against him??? He is a legend that all the other drivers can only wish to be!!
dude... he is not that much of a legend, Mika and Kimmi would have him beat (actually Mika did beat him on many occasions, for 2 years running if my memory serves me correctly) if my team could just please GET THEIR FREAKIN ACT TOGETHER AND MAKE A CAR THAT WILL FINISH A FREAKIN RACE!

I am a McLaren/Mercedes fan through and through, but it really grates my gonads when everything is going great in a race for them and then we see a plume of smoke!

Yeah, basically the only reason Schumi is at the top is cos he has a car that lasts the whole race. I admit there are times when he wins on driving skill, but there are a LOT of times when the opposition just doesn't have the endurance to match that piece of crap red car.

I hate red btw. Its so... red and ugly... now black and silver, thats what I call a colour cobination. Also blue and white is not so bad.
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist that black flag, and begin slitting throats."
- H. L. Mancken
brabham

Post by brabham »

GreyWolf wrote:dude... he is not that much of a legend, Mika and Kimmi would have him beat (actually Mika did beat him on many occasions, for 2 years running if my memory serves me correctly)
Yeah and you dont see me saying Mika is crap and Kimi is just lucky do you? In fact I thought Mika was an awesome racing driver. Its not Schumi's fault he couldn't take the pressure for more than two seasons. :P

OK OK I know thats a cheap shot, but with respect Schumi can only beat whats put out there against him.

I think the problem with F1 is that too many people lay their allegiences down with a team. Me I've been a Schumi fan since the days of Benneton. If Schumi was out of the picture tomorrow I would be a Kimi fan. F1 is about the driver, but its about more than just his driving skill. His reporting back to his teams technical people about the performance/handling of the car is critical to its further development. This is why I wouldn't support Rubens in a Ferrari. I simply dont believe he would be capable of keeping the team at the forefront with his reporting.
I kill you in my dreams, I turn the other cheek during the day.

i5 2500k : ASUS P8P67 : ASUS 560ti : Antec High Current Pro 850 : 2x2GB G.Skill : 160GB + 1.5TB Seagate SATA 7200rpm : LG super multi DVD writer : Coolermaster Storm Enforcer
Screeper

Post by Screeper »

So what did you guys think of the race?

Schumi have a little mishap costing him a point or so maybe.
The Mercs look beautiful but didn't perform as i'd hoped. Toyota let me down :/ and my main man Button wobbling around was a poor sight to see.

With regards to the new rules about tyre change and things. I'm not so sure its gonna work. I guess i'll have to watch a few more races to see if this new formula will be ok.
I felt really sorry for the pit crews everytime the cars came in for fuel. All the 'tyre' guys al in position but they just sorta look at 'their' tyre to see if its ok and then sit back again. All the fun taken outta their jobs for sure. Thats 8 people per car who are basically bored outta their skulls now.

Fizzy had no threat throughout the race. He just dumped the clutch and disappeared into the distance. The toyota hung on for a while but then fizzled out.
Alonso was a beast of a driver and just about the only guy doing any over-taking. He drove well.
Road_Kill

Post by Road_Kill »

I have only one thing to say.Get ready for one of the most boring years of F1 you've ever seen.The new rules are rubbish,they made new rules to try to get more viewers,but they are just gonna loose viewers.The new rules cause all the drivers to be to cautious!And the tyre thing is the stupidest thing ever!I have a feeling that this is gonns be a bad year for F1
Screeper

Post by Screeper »

yes it definately did seem to make the drivers more careful and consequently less likely to push really hard.

We'll see, i hope this new formula works but from what i saw on Sunday mornin it certainly hasn't made anything any more exciting.
Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Post by Anakha56 »

for all those ppl who said that my main driver should retire , i hope your in a dark corner, i am happy with his performance on sunday he flew around that track to bad he didnt get third :cry: but 4th was good :wink: can you guess who he is?
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
NinjaTic

Post by NinjaTic »

Mr David Couthard! - Impressive drive from him considering it's his first drive for the Red Bull team!
neon_chameleon wrote:

Im 22 next week and I cant commit to what Im going to eat for breakfast. I mean cereal is so boring but its quick, and eggs take forever to make and theres the toast to make sure you dont burn....