Bench Scores gone DOWN!!

Post your scores or get advice on how to better them.
ADV4NCED

Bench Scores gone DOWN!!

Post by ADV4NCED »

As I got home today, my mom told me she picked up my stuff from the local post office. 8)

I opened it up took out my 2x256mb ram sticks, Vga Cooler and Ramsinks. I started installing........ :arrow:

I take off the heatsink from my 3d card which was 1 hell of a mission, then I tried to clean the old paste off the card but it didnt wanna move! It was burnt rock solid onto the core of the gpu, so I soughta scraped some of the paste off, put on some AS5 and tried my new cooler. IT DIDNT FIT!!! 8O :?

So I had to resort back to the stock heatsink and cooler :? . Anyway I power up my pc and start the benchmarking, I scored 22000 on AM3!!! (I scored 31500 the other day), so I knew this wasnt right, I oced my card and got 24000 which is still not right! I saw @ the end my gfx score was at 2903 where when I scored 31000+ last time, my gfx score was 3904! I ran 3D mark03 (Oced card @ 420/351) and I got 2600 :cry:

I usually get 4200+ on 3D mark03 but all of a sudden I get these TERRIBLE scores!!! I played Doom3 and Sims 2 with pretty high graphics and it played so much smoother than used to (coz of the new ram) but I noticed my fps were so much lower than usual. WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG HERE??
p.s sorry for the essay but I wanted to xplain situation properly!!
I am 63% addicted to Counterstrike. What about you?
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Your RAM's exactly the same? Dual Channel mobo? Placed correctly?
ADV4NCED

Post by ADV4NCED »

The ram works fine and works perfect. Its definetly my graphics card that is playing up! i doubt a damaged any of the mem modules on the card because I've played demanding games like D3, HL2 etc. with an OC on my card and there is no artifacts. Could it be that I should just re-install drivers ?
Spabel

Post by Spabel »

can you check the heat rating on your gfx card?

perhaps chiseling off that paste caused the heatsink not to make proper contact....

do the driver thing anyway.
All that glitters is not gold,
all those who wander are not lost...

JRR TOLKIEN
Futs

Post by Futs »

one thing though, this is from my own experience.
When I run my memories in dual channel its actually slower than when I run it single channel.
I mean you can actually see the frames :(

another thing just to check the paste.
ADV4NCED

Post by ADV4NCED »

Spabel wrote:can you check the heat rating on your gfx card?

perhaps chiseling off that paste caused the heatsink not to make proper contact....

do the driver thing anyway.
No, I cant see the temp for my 3d card :(
But I dont understand how the cooling/contact of the card can make it perform worse than its supposed to? Maybe it will limit me from OCing alot but it shouldnt prevent the card working at the speeds its meant to run at!

I'll try do the driver thing after DBGT :P Gotta go watch it now... thnx 4 the replies.
ADV4NCED

Post by ADV4NCED »

I just re-installed my drivers and still no joy. My fps are still low and Im averaging about 26000 on AM3 with an OC. Please guys keep the suggestions coming in!
ADV4NCED

Post by ADV4NCED »

Cmon guys, Surely some of you other boffins know something??? Cant you guys help me out at all ??
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Would love 2 help mate but thing is I have no idea. Maybe you damaged that card.

The drivers should give you the core temp anyways. Isn't it doing so?

What card is it btw?

EDIT: OK saw your sig...
ADV4NCED

Post by ADV4NCED »

My card doesnt support temp monitoring so it doesnt give the temp. Dunno how I damaged it, I guess I'll just have to save up and maybe @ the end of this year I will buy a new card if that is the case.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

ADV4NCED wrote:My card doesnt support temp monitoring so it doesnt give the temp. Dunno how I damaged it, I guess I'll just have to save up and maybe @ the end of this year I will buy a new card if that is the case.
Take it 2 1 of your mates or local pc shop for a testrun 1st. If it's still not working then sadly yes, get a new 1.

That's why I don't like fiddling with a pc, the things are so fragile.
someidiotsa

Post by someidiotsa »

I really think it has to do with the paste that you scraped.
WiK1d

Post by WiK1d »

I also have a feeling that you damaged sumtin there!!