Remove white marks on Perspex edges

General discussion of topics related to modding. Project logs go in the "Project Logs" subforum.
samaya-forever

Remove white marks on Perspex edges

Post by samaya-forever »

Hz,

I have almost finished making my box. Its made of brushed aluminium and Blue perspex. I would like to know how to remove white cut marks on the edges of the perspex. This happened when I had to make the perspex fit my case shell. I used a high speed pencil grinder to cut the perspex so the white is actually melted perspex. I have removed the excess but dont know how to remove the "spots".

I'll post pictures of it when I've built the PC into it. Should be next week

Its called: "Bohemoth", some friends say its TOO big for a LAN box. I say if you can carry it, its just the right size. It measures 500mm high x 600mm long x 300mm wide. Has only one 5,25 inch bay, no floppy bay, 1 x Thermaltake hardcano 10 LCD, 4 x Blue thermaltake neon lamps, 3 x 40mm 12V fans, 1 x 80mm 12V and 2 x 220Vac fans. I have added an old second PSU for the LCD, fans and lamps and made it activate off the 12V from my primary PSU. All the cables still have to be routed through the box. I am putting all the cables/wires into see through aquarium pipes. This whole excercise has taken about 5 weeks up to now and about R1500 just in material (Aluminium, perspex, fans, etc.). Any donations would be welcome...
MrBean

Post by MrBean »

Use a fine metal file to get rid of all the melted plastic, and making the edge straight.

After that, use wet&dry waterpaper, from 100 grit, 400, 600, 800 and around 1200-1500 to polish it. I have used this method sucessfully many times.

Hope this helps a little.

Br,
MrBean