Neat Stuff To Download

Any software related topics go in here.
neon_chameleon
Moderator Emeritus

Post by neon_chameleon »

Moses_Reloaded wrote:You must try http://www.superbike.co.uk/content/videos.htm NOW that is some funny stuff. You must see The Annoying Thing (http://www.superbike.co.uk/content/movi ... Thing.mpeg) It is funny

And I'd rather be Moses24 but I ran into a few prolblems. I'm considering a change to The_Admin or Frost
Cool, I'll check out those links. Oh ok, no relation to Moses (a pcf member here that's done so questionable stuff in the past).

In that case, welcome to the forums, Moses_Reloaded (or Frost). Hope you enjoy your stay. Remember to check out the forum rules and always remember to keep it real.
Qualifications: BSc Computer Science & Information Technology, BCom Information Systems Honours, ISACA CISA, ISACA CRISC
Experience: Web Design, IT Auditing, IT Governance, Computer Retail, IT Consulting
Interests: Technology, Nutrition, Toasters, BBM, Facebook, Colourful Diagrams
DarkStar

Post by DarkStar »

Thanks. That is what makes me - I can't find words for what you just said. I feel 'part of the croud' I'll see if I can get some more links. :)
Richard_

Post by Richard_ »

neon_chameleon wrote:Hmmm....

Anyway, Creator, I have had similar problems with ftp's of all sorts in the past. What app you using, I use Cute and WS. For anonymous logins I find cuteftp works better than wsftp. Yet strangely enough ftp's that require login passwords work better on wsftp.

On not sure for this particular ftp but I have noticed that the password as "password" or also "anonymous" sometimes work too.
:oops: Just use Internet Explorer's built in FTP browser. Then I use DAP once I have the url to download the file. I've tried anonymous, password, and even my own username and password that I've registered with!!! :evil: Anyways, Its only games.saix.net and I guess I can use the HTML download site. Thanks for the help though!
DarkStar

Post by DarkStar »

Yarrr!!!! That be piracy... w_s
Moses

Post by Moses »

Oh ok, no relation to Moses (a pcf member here that's done so questionable stuff in the past).
Who? 8O Me? 8)
DarkStar

Post by DarkStar »

I wouldn't know. Maby there WAS someone who was called moses and then resigned or something and then you came along to take over.
As I said. I wouldn't know. I haven't been here long.
Last edited by DarkStar on 22 Feb 2005, 15:05, edited 1 time in total.
neon_chameleon
Moderator Emeritus

Post by neon_chameleon »

Moses wrote:
Oh ok, no relation to Moses (a pcf member here that's done so questionable stuff in the past).
Who? 8O Me? 8)
Err... the one that stood by the burning bush, he says inconvincingly.
I wouldn't know. Maby there WAS someone who was called moses and then resigned or something and then you came along to take over.
As I said. I would know. I haven't been here long.
Someone should check the previous page... he he.
Qualifications: BSc Computer Science & Information Technology, BCom Information Systems Honours, ISACA CISA, ISACA CRISC
Experience: Web Design, IT Auditing, IT Governance, Computer Retail, IT Consulting
DarkStar

Post by DarkStar »

Isn't this thread meant to be about downloads? not about who did this & that?
DarkStar

Post by DarkStar »

http://www.driverguide.com

Thats a cool place to get all your driver needs. Sign up for a free membership(I think, it didn't cost me anything.)

You can also download the driverguide toolkit. use it to identify unkown hardware.
BaDMaN

Post by BaDMaN »

Try this link, should be something usefull there

http://www.snapfiles.com/freeware/freeware.html
I'm Still Learning
psychotic_savage

Post by psychotic_savage »

Hi dudes does anyone know of a program that records things that are on your monitor. I have tried fraps but im looking for something else. Preferably freeware but i am willing to bye the software if i have to. Thanks
Intel Core i5 750 2.66GHz LGA1156 \\ XFX Radeon HD5870XXX Edition \\ Asus P7P55D IP55 Motherboard \\ Corsair DDR3-1600 4GB (2x2GB) XMS3 DHX CL9 Memory Module Kit \\ 2x 250gig Sata 2x 160gig Sata\\ Win 7 Ent 64bit \\ Samsung 26" wide-screen LCD
neon_chameleon
Moderator Emeritus

Post by neon_chameleon »

psychotic_savage wrote:Hi dudes does anyone know of a program that records things that are on your monitor. I have tried fraps but im looking for something else. Preferably freeware but i am willing to bye the software if i have to. Thanks
I use HyperCam.
psychotic_savage

thanks do you have a link for me or am i going to have to do this the hard way
Intel Core i5 750 2.66GHz LGA1156 \\ XFX Radeon HD5870XXX Edition \\ Asus P7P55D IP55 Motherboard \\ Corsair DDR3-1600 4GB (2x2GB) XMS3 DHX CL9 Memory Module Kit \\ 2x 250gig Sata 2x 160gig Sata\\ Win 7 Ent 64bit \\ Samsung 26" wide-screen LCD
neon_chameleon
Moderator Emeritus

Post by neon_chameleon »

psychotic_savage wrote:thanks do you have a link for me or am i going to have to do this the hard way
http://www.hyperionics.com/

-> Downloads

Would you like fries with that?
psychotic_savage

Supersize thanks
neon_chameleon
Moderator Emeritus

Post by neon_chameleon »

psychotic_savage wrote:Supersize thanks
That'll be R9.95
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Post by hamin_aus »

For Neon: Clowns!

Also for Neon:

Secure Copy 2.3 Here
Websites Product Description wrote: Secure Copy is a file transfer tool that enables you to do local and network transfer with resume support. If you have ever copied large amounts of data from one machine to another, you know that it can be time consuming and often slow down computer performance. With Secure Copy, you have the option to pause and resume your file transfers at any time. The program does not replace the standard Windows copy function but rather appears as an additional option after drag/dropping a folder or drive and only jumps into action when you select it. Secure Copy provides a compact interface as well as an advanced interface that adds additional options like file queue, detailed statistics, buffer size variations and more. A must-have tool for power users!
neon_chameleon
Moderator Emeritus

Post by neon_chameleon »

jamin_za wrote:For Neon: Clowns!

Also for Neon:

Secure Copy 2.3 Here
No it's a different story with Sideshow Bob, he's cool.

Thank for the app, check my reply in the other thread for more details.
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator

Post by hamin_aus »

ISO Buster 1.17 Here
Websites Product Description wrote: The Ultimate CD and DVD data recovery tool !

Rescue lost files from a bad or trashed CD or DVD !
Save important documents, precious pictures or video from the family, your only system backup, ...
IsoBuster can do it all !

IsoBuster is a highly specialized yet easy to use CD and DVD data recovery tool. It supports all CD and DVD formats and all common CD and DVD file-systems (= set of files and folders). Start up IsoBuster, Insert a CD or DVD, select the drive (if not selected already) and let IsoBuster mount the media. IsoBuster immediately shows you all the tracks and sessions located on the media, combined with all file-systems that are present. This way you get easy access, just like explorer, to all the files and folders per file-system. Instead of being limited to one file-system that the OS picks for you, you have access to "the complete picture". Access data from older sessions, access data that your OS (e.g. Windows) does not see or hides from you etc.

Combine this all-revealing functionality with far better read and recovery mechanisms, scanning for lost files functionality, workarounds for a wide range of drive and software bugs, limitations or shortcomings and you have an enormously powerful data recovery tool. IsoBuster is must-have-software for every PC user and is deliberately kept low priced to be able to offer a solution for everybody, even if it is much used in the professional optical and data forensics world.

IsoBuster full feature list:
- Data recovery from all possible CD and DVD formats :
CD-i, VCD, SVCD, SACD, CD-ROM, CD-ROM XA, CD-R, CD-RW, CD-MRW, ...
DVD-ROM, DVCD, DVD-RAM, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW, DVD+MRW, DVD+R Dual Layer, DVD-R Dual Layer, DVD+RW Dual Layer, ...
- All device access, media access, data gathering and interpretation is done exclusively by the software. It does not rely on Windows to provide or interpret the data and so can work completely independent from Windows' limitations.
- Better Error handling and several retry-mechanisms to aid you in getting the data anyway.
- The use of both generic and alternative ways to get to the data, get the best out of your CD/DVD-ROM drive.
- The use of primary and secondary file-systems to get to the data and/or make use of file system data that might be ignored or ‘forgotten’ by popular OS. Explore the alternatives.
- CDs stay 'readable' after problems (such as Buffer Under-run, ...)
- Read / Extraction from open sessions.
- All sessions, including older ones, are accessible and can be recovered.
- Read and Extraction of files, CD/DVD images, tracks and sessions from all optical media.
- Scanning for lost UDF files and folders.
- Scanning for lost ISO9660 / Joliet sessions.
- Find lost data on CDs or DVDs created with integrated drag and drop applications, otherwise also known as packet writing software. Optimized, but not exclusive, for :
Roxio Direct CD, Roxio Drag-to-Disc,
Ahead / Nero InCD,
Prassi / Veritas / Sonic DLA,
VOB / Pinnacle Instant-Write,
CeQuadrat Packet CD,
NTI FileCD,
BHA B's CLiP,
Sony abCD, ...
- Support for Direct CD compressed files. Decompression on the fly.
- Built in UDF Reader, UDF 1.02 (e.g DVDs), UDF 1.5 (e.g. Packet writing on CD-R, DVDR, CD-RW and DVDRW), UDF 2.01, 2.50, ...
- Find lost pictures created and saved to CD or DVD with Sony Mavica, other digital cameras or other devices with embedded UDF write functionality.
- Find lost movies created and saved to CD or DVD with Hitachi, other digital cameras or other devices with embedded UDF write functionality.
- Auto find extensions based on file content to try and give an appropriate name to an orphaned file. This built in file identifier assigns the proper extension to the file so that Windows applications can open the file. Only needed for orphaned files without a name.
- Support for Mount Rainier CD-RW and DVD+RW discs in MRW compatible and non-MRW compatible drives.
Auto detection and automatic remapping which can be switched of or forced at all times.
Built in MRW remapper / reader. (Built in Method 3 remapper)
- Support for formatted CD-RW discs mounted in very old drives that do not know the CD-RW fixed packet format yet.
Auto detection and automatic remapping which can be switched of or forced at all times
Built in Method 2 remapper.
- Built in HFS Reader, supporting HFS and HFS+, the Apple Mac file systems.
- Recover data from blanked or quick formatted DVD+RW media.
- Mpg (*.dat) Extraction and dat2mpg 'in one' from SVCD and VCD
- Enormous file system coverage and different ways to use them all (find the one suited best for your needs). CDs and DVDs often have different file-systems pointing to the same files. This offers possibilities.
- ISO9660, Joliet, Romeo (Short File-names vs. Long File-names on mastered CDs)
- Big Endian (Motorola), Little Endian (Intel) (Windows vs. Unix, Mac and other systems' defaults)
- Rock Ridge (e.g. for Commodore users)
- Supports the CD-i file-system and copes with the many difficulties that drives have trying to mount a CD-i disc.
- Information and file system properties (a must for FS developers)
- CD/DVD Surface scan to see if there are physical read errors.
- Opens checksum files (*.md5) and automatically verifies the image with the checksum file.
- Check if all files and folders are readable without having to extract all data to HD.
- Single sector extraction. Extraction of CD/DVD parts, fit to your needs (Engineering purposes)
- Sector Viewer. Check a sector's content in IsoBuster's editor and print or save to HD.
- Compile (and edit, save, print) lists of all files that contain physical read errors.
- Compile lists of all files, including their Logical block address (ideal to find the logical play order for mp3 CDs)
- CD-Text support from CD and various image files ( *.PXI, *.CCD, *.B5T and *.CUE image files).
- Creation of image files (*.iso, *.bin, *.tao)
- Creation of checksum files (*.md5)
- Creation of cue sheet files (*.cue)
- Conversion of all supported image files to bin/cue files.
- Handles opening of multi-file image files.
- Extraction of Audio tracks to wave files.
- Play audio analogue. Instruct the drive to play the audio through the analogue output.
- Ability to pause a number of seconds between retries to allow the drive to "recover" (useful for older drives in combination with marginally readable media)
- Creation of multi-file image files or disc spanning to specified size
- Support for bootable CDs and DVDs. Support for the El Torito standard.
Perfect aid to slipstream Windows installation CDs
- Many other neat features the OS doesn't offer.
- Comprehensive help file
- Supports an enormous range of image files (see further)

On top of this, Isobuster interprets CD image files, such as:
- *.DAO (Duplicator), *.TAO (Duplicator), *.ISO (Nero, BlindRead, Creator), *.BIN (CDRWin), *.IMG (CloneCD), *.CCD (CloneCD) , *.CIF (Creator), *.FCD (Uncompressed), *.NRG (Nero), *.GCD (Prassi), *.P01 (Toast), *.C2D (WinOnCD), *.CUE (CDRWin), *.CDI (DiscJuggler), *.CD (CD-i OptImage), *.GI (Prassi PrimoDVD), *.PXI (PlexTools), *.MDS (Alcohol), *.MDF (Alcohol), *.VC4 (Virtual CD), *.000 (Virtual CD), *.B5T (BlindWrite), *.B5I (BlindWrite), *.DMG (Apple Macintosh).

IsoBuster also features Language support for 41 languages:
- English, Dutch, Italian, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Brazilian Portuguese, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Czech, Danish, German, Icelandic, Greek, Serbian, Finnish, Polish, Romanian, Swedish, Russian, Azerbaijan, Macedonian, Hebrew, Bulgarian, Hungarian, Slovakian, Afrikaans, Norwegian, Ukrainian, Catalan, Slovenian, Lithuanian, Japanese, Galician, Estonian, Bosnian, Croatian, Turkish, Indonesian, Belarusian, Arabic & Farsi. More Languages will follow.

IsoBuster is easy to use and thoroughly tested.
This application will work under Windows 95, 98, ME, 2000, XP & Windows NT 4.0.
Basically a much more versatile WinISO....
Most of the functions listed here are available for free, some you have to get the full version to unlock.
But there are no nags or time limits on the free version.
Iceblade
Moderator Emeritus
Processor: Intel i5 4670K
Motherboard: MSI gaming Z87 MPower
Graphics card: MSI R9290 OC edition Twin FROZR
Memory: CORSAIR Vengeance Pro 2x8gb 2400

Post by Iceblade »

thanks
downloading it now,
it sounds to good to be true :lol:
wizardofid
Processor: Intel 2500K
Motherboard: Gigabyte B75M D3H
Graphics card: inno3d Jericho 570GTX
Memory: 8Gig DDR3 1333mhz

Post by wizardofid »

Wax is a high performance and flexible video compositing and special effects software. The idea for Wax is to be very general purpose and flexible in video compositing and effects, so that you can compose your dream video sequence with ease everytime.

Wax can create 2D & 3D special effects and can work in two modes - as a standalone application which would appeal for home users/beginners, and as a "plug-in" to video editors/NLEs which would be more useful for professional editors. Currently Wax can as a plug-in with Sony Vegas®, Pure Motion EditStudio and Adobe Premiere® and work for integrating with various other NLEs is in progress

http://www.debugmode.com/wax/

Features

Distributed as freeware for business or personal use. However if you want to redistribute, you need to inform the author.

Use graphics acceleration available with your video card for creating mind-boggling effects in realtime or near-realtime.

Unlimited video and audio tracks with top-down compositing (audio support is minimalistic at this time).

2D and 3D Plugins and transitions for creating effects. Full featured 3D compositing with 3d objects, lighting, shadows, texture generators, etc. Plugins include the following.
RotoMate - rotoscope/paint over video with fully keyframmable shapes and masks

Shatter - create explosive effects

ModelLoader - load 3d models from .3DS, .MD2 and .MS3d files

Particle Generator - generate various natural particle effects like fire, smoke, rain etc

Text 3D - create extruded/beveled 3D text, and much more...

Has native support for Plugin Adapter technology - can load and use VirtualDub filters, DirectX plugins and Windows ® Movie Maker presets inside Wax or your NLE when using Wax as a plugin.

Full featured project management with media bins/folders, element properties and comments for ease of use.

Transition and Plugin SDK available for developers to extend functionality by adding external plugins. WinMorph uses this Plugin SDK to extend Wax's functionality for warping and morphing.

File input/output through filters, Filter SDK available upon request for developers to extend file format support.

Input formats : AVI, WAV, all popular image formats.
Output formats : AVI, MPEG, WAV, Flash, all popular image formats.
(AVI and WAV formats support compressed audio too, using Audio Codecs installed in your PC).
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator

Post by hamin_aus »

SpinRite v6.0 Here
Product Description wrote: SpinRite is a stand-alone DOS program designed to refurbish hard drives, floppy disks and recover data from marginally or completely unreadable hard drives and floppy disks and from partitions and folders which have become unreadable. Did we just say DOS? Yes. There are certain things you really can't do properly in Windows. The explanation is that while the operating system is running it's very difficult to get access to hardware and systems which function ahead of the operating system. So using SpinRite requires a reboot and once you do that, a whole world of data recovery and long-term hard drive maintenance opens up to you.

SpinRite 6 interacts directly with magnetic storage media at a level below any installed operating system. This version is able to operate on all Windows XP NTFS formats in addition to all DOS FAT, all Linux file systems, Novell, Macintosh (if temporarily moved into a PC) or anything else. SpinRite can also be used to repair and recover the hard drive from a TiVo personal video recorder. SpinRite originally introduced the concept of non-destructive low-level reformatting and sector interleave optimization all of which basically means that the software can read, analyze, correct then rewrite every tiny bit of data on a hard drive, re-establishing the formatting, without losing any original data, without screwing up your files (they'll work better actually) or messing up your partitions (they'll work better too), or fouling up the factory low-level formatting of any hard drive. SpinRite has been under continuous development for 16 years (since v1 in 1988) and is probably the most popular disk data recovery tool on the market today.

What SpinRite is not is a file undelete or defragmentation utility. If you've ever encountered inaccessible drives or partitions, folders that won't open and drives or folders containing corrupt files, you need a tool like SpinRite.
This app is extremely good, but not free.
You can get an old copy *Here - note that this old version only works on FAT partitioned drives.
If you want Version 6 for NTFS, its not cheap, US$89.00!

* Note: not sure of the legality of that old Spinrite download link, I saw no warez banners on the site, but Mods, if you are suspicious, feel fee to remove the link
Tel
Moderator Emeritus

Notepad++

Post by Tel »

<Notepad++>http://notepad-plus.sourceforge.net

Comment : Notepad++ is a text editor that you can use to program a range of different programming languages. It's highly customisable and it's got this awesome grouping feature that groups your coding automagically! If you're into programming anything, give this a try.
Be Silly. Be Honest. Be Kind. | Ralph Waldo Emerson
Soap

Post by Soap »

Netscape Navigator 8.0.2Here

Comment : Yes, it's back, bigger and better than before. I generally love this software, version 8 has large junks from FireFox, but then again, FireFox is built on Netscape anyway. Forget IE, Netscape forever!
wit_skapie
Moderator Emeritus

Post by wit_skapie »

Hi guys :D

I'm looking for a freeware app that will keep track of my network usage - in other words how much i've downloaded and surfed.

Why i need this? Well i keep on getting in trouble at work for "bandwidth abuse" - so i wanna check if it really is all my traffic - by matching the MB the proxy reports versus what i see locally....

Fanx....

:biggrin: