Neat Stuff To Download

Any software related topics go in here.
Rikkelz

Post by Rikkelz »

You need to have a data cable, or some form of communication with your PC (ie Bluetooth) to load J2ME applications. And I think that might be illigal, unless all the games are freeware... Actually I'm not sure if you pay licenceing fees, I think exactmobile have to!

Rikklez
neon_chameleon
Moderator Emeritus

Post by neon_chameleon »

Rikkelz wrote:You need to have a data cable, or some form of communication with your PC (ie Bluetooth) to load J2ME applications. And I think that might be illigal, unless all the games are freeware... Actually I'm not sure if you pay licenceing fees, I think exactmobile have to!

Rikklez
My bro's phone has infra-red and has 65000 colours and full java support, and whatever else you might need. How do I transfer the stuff? As for the legality, I was also wondering but rid's site is listed on satopsites so it must be legit.
Qualifications: BSc Computer Science & Information Technology, BCom Information Systems Honours, ISACA CISA, ISACA CRISC
Experience: Web Design, IT Auditing, IT Governance, Computer Retail, IT Consulting
Interests: Technology, Nutrition, Toasters, BBM, Facebook, Colourful Diagrams
Hybrid_Halogen

Post by Hybrid_Halogen »

I see those games being advertised on magazines.....which weren't free....soooooo.....hope they are legit....or who cares!!! I'm downloading them all. My Nokia 6600 should run them right? And I got the Nokia Software to connect using bluetooth so should install no problem.

Just hope they are full versions, not just demos.....

And Ridz sure needs to work on his site....really too plain looking dude
Friggs

Post by Friggs »

I've got a K700i and i know it plays the games coz i've seen Splinter Cell on one before. And that version was passed on to my bud by the Sony Ericsson rep so if it aint legal then....
I've got a BlueTooth adapter for my PC, I can transfer the file to my phone but it doesn't let me do anything with it...

Just had an idea, will try send it to my P900 and see what happens.

@Neon, sorry dude, i came here hoping for something good :?

Edit: Ok, same thing. My P900 doesn't know what to do with a Zip file.... very :? now!
Last edited by Friggs on 08 Jan 2005, 00:47, edited 1 time in total.
Rikkelz

Post by Rikkelz »

neon_chameleon wrote: My bro's phone has infra-red and has 65000 colours and full java support, and whatever else you might need. How do I transfer the stuff? As for the legality, I was also wondering but rid's site is listed on satopsites so it must be legit.
What phone model? I dont think you can transfer over Ir-DA, As far as I know, cable is your best bet (with the right software) and some phones will support it over bluetooth....

Rikkelz
neon_chameleon
Moderator Emeritus

Post by neon_chameleon »

Rikkelz wrote:
neon_chameleon wrote: My bro's phone has infra-red and has 65000 colours and full java support, and whatever else you might need. How do I transfer the stuff? As for the legality, I was also wondering but rid's site is listed on satopsites so it must be legit.
What phone model? I dont think you can transfer over Ir-DA, As far as I know, cable is your best bet (with the right software) and some phones will support it over bluetooth....

Rikkelz
Hi Rikkelz, my bro has a Sony Ericsson T630
I've got a K700i and i know it plays the games coz i've seen Splinter Cell on one before. And that version was passed on to my bud by the Sony Ericsson rep so if it aint legal then....
I've got a BlueTooth adapter for my PC, I can transfer the file to my phone but it doesn't let me do anything with it...

Just had an idea, will try send it to my P900 and see what happens.

@Neon, sorry dude, i came here hoping for something good Confused

Edit: Ok, same thing. My P900 doesn't know what to do with a Zip file.... very Confused now!
A K700i and a P900, when did you rob the bank? How's the K700i, that's the one I want my mom to get on her contract, so I can steal... err... borrow it.

Edit : if you guys looking for something to download check out here :

Here

It's from the same guys that make Red vs. Blue, but are using sims 2 characters. Haven't downloaded any yet, will leave them downloading over night and see if they are good.
Qualifications: BSc Computer Science & Information Technology, BCom Information Systems Honours, ISACA CISA, ISACA CRISC
Experience: Web Design, IT Auditing, IT Governance, Computer Retail, IT Consulting
goku

Post by goku »

You can't just transfer the files to the phone. You need to use a java application loader in order to in stall the game. Try search in google for more info.

Also check if what file type is needed JAR or JAD format. I know Motorola uses the JAD format.
Hybrid_Halogen

Post by Hybrid_Halogen »

Well I downloaded about 30 games last night for my Nokia 6600, this morning I tried them, only 2 didn't run. The rest of the 28 ran perfectly! ^_^

What I did:

# Copied the files over to my laptop which had Bluetooth.
# Using Nokia PC Suite, which was provided with the 6600 on a CD, or you can download it from the Nokia site. Its 64 Megs.
# Then I transfered the files onto the phone's MMC card.
# Using FExplorer (A very nice series 60 free application that makes navigating files on Sybian 60 OS's like browsing on a windows explorer)
# Then the files just installed.......simple as that.

The two files that didn't work said something like "Unauthorised Error" They were 3D darts and Ferrari Racing... :(
WoolyBadBaba

Post by WoolyBadBaba »

For series 40 fones..

--> Transfer .jar file to phone using data cable/whatever.

-->(Not sure whether this is the same for all phones, but this is how i do it on my 3300) Go to Extras-->Memory Card-->Install Application

This might not work with all series 40 fones, coz i know not all series 40 fones have MMC cards, but just fool around.

For fones with Symbian OS, i think you have to go to an app called explorer once you have transfered the file, and install it from there.

C2D E4300 | ASUS P5B-MX WiFi | 1GB Kingston DDR2-667 | XFX GeForce 7600 GS

"Most people end up going to bed when
they're not sleepy and waking up when they are."
WiK1d

Post by WiK1d »

How to do on my 3200????
neon_chameleon
Moderator Emeritus

Post by neon_chameleon »

How do I do this on my 3310? LOL!
WoolyBadBaba

Post by WoolyBadBaba »

Hmmm, lets see.

Step 1 --> Go to any reputable cell phone shop.

Step 2 -->This step is very important, so follow it carefully. Ask for an "upgrade". Tell them you need it, desperately. :biggrin:

Jus' jokin. 3310's a good fone. I had one.

Asbestos

Post by Asbestos »

neon_chameleon wrote:Anybody got a link for episodes 1 & 2 of Red vs. Blue, btw?
RED vs BLUE -- EPISODES 1-33 ARCHIVE
http://public.planetmirror.com/pub/redv ... ndex2.html

With one and a half seasons at your fingertips you can kiss your bandwidth goodbye!
neon_chameleon
Moderator Emeritus

Post by neon_chameleon »

WoolyBadBaba wrote:Hmmm, lets see.

Step 1 --> Go to any reputable cell phone shop.

Step 2 -->This step is very important, so follow it carefully. Ask for an "upgrade". Tell them you need it, desperately. :biggrin:

Jus' jokin. 3310's a good fone. I had one.
LOL! I have a 3510i, my 3310 is my spare, "going to town" phone. ;)

Asbestos, thanks so much! Now I don't have to wait for them to cycle through!
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Post by hamin_aus »

Memory Max 1.1 Here

Comment : From Product Description
MemMAX is a FREEWARE memory optimizer & statistics utility. Features include fast & efficient memory optimization, command-line execution mode, VCache settings and real time memory usage statistics. MemMAX was originally developed for the Win95/98 operating systems but it should also function under WindowsME, WindowsNT and Windows2000.

Use MemMAX to free memory before running large memory hungry applications such as the latest games or cad/graphics tools. You may run it as a normal windows program with a Graphical User Interface (GUI) or in the command line mode for a more discrete form of optimization (The only indication that MemMAX is running is a progressbar in the middle of the screen). The command line mode can be invoked from a batch file (.BAT) or from a windows shortcut allowing for discrete optimization to be performed automatically before a selected application is run.
I use it alot on my old Win98 PC. Works well in XP as well.
Not to be confused with MemMax, which is a shareware app, and not as good.
Rid1

Post by Rid1 »

SOrry, I forgot about the post I made in here regarding my website! I will try to update my website as many say its too plain! But seeing that I'm on a slow dial-up I thought its best for me!

I have more games to add ~ But that will have to wait till the end of the month, But in the meantime, any suggestions on how I can improve the websites looks?

So that when I upload the games, I can upload the updated site as well!

Thanks for all your response to my website!

Many thanks also goes to GOKU for helping me with a solution to get the games on to my fone! (motorola E398)

Will FExplorer work with my fone?
WoolyBadBaba

Post by WoolyBadBaba »

I don't think so... or maybe it might. I duno, i think FExplorer was meant for Symbian OS's.

P.S. If it's possible, can u please zip/rar all the games into one file, for download?

Rid1

Post by Rid1 »

what is a symbian OS? Aggh Never mind!

ABout zipping the file! Like I said , I'm on a slow line, It might take forever for me to upload it! Pity the firewall at work doesn't allow me to access the ADMIN sections of my webpage(where i do all the work)!

I could mail it to you? PM me your email adress and I'll gmail you the zip file!
Hybrid_Halogen

Post by Hybrid_Halogen »

Symbian OS is an operating system just like Windows Mobile. Its mostly used by Nokia and Siemens phones.
Tiza

Post by Tiza »

www.fraps.com

A program that lets you take screen shots while playing games. You can also take 30 seconds video clips
I am a guy so please people stop sending me these shady pm's and start playing computer games or bodybuilding. Forums aren't a good place to get chicks the gym is...
WoolyBadBaba

Post by WoolyBadBaba »

RiD1 : How big is it when zipped? I'm also on dial-up, but files under 5MB are fine with me.

Rid1

Post by Rid1 »

@Wooly - I have split them into 11 separate files of 1,44 Mb's using winrar! and I have mailed all 11 of them in separate emails to you, Please let me know if it arrives on your side...
Slasher

Post by Slasher »

* Previous post seems to have been deleted, hence this is no longer relevant *
My BF2142 Stats:

Slasher : Former member of www.PCFormat.co.za
I have reached the end of my near 5 year forum life. Farewell good days...

slasher (at) webmail (dot) co (dot) za
neon_chameleon
Moderator Emeritus

Post by neon_chameleon »

Slasher wrote:* Previous post seems to have been deleted, hence this is no longer relevant *
Yeah, did you read it? I quickly deleted it and sent him a pm. I don't feel like another flame wars today. ;) (neon looks at neale)

Sorry to spoil the fun.
Slasher

Post by Slasher »

Yip yip, read it I did...

Faster than a speeding post delete I am... :twisted: :wink:
My BF2142 Stats:

Slasher : Former member of www.PCFormat.co.za
I have reached the end of my near 5 year forum life. Farewell good days...

slasher (at) webmail (dot) co (dot) za