Case Vinyl

General discussion of topics related to modding. Project logs go in the "Project Logs" subforum.
wit_skapie
Moderator Emeritus

Case Vinyl

Post by wit_skapie »

Wazzup!

I'm looking for cool designs to go on the side of my case. My buddy of the office has a vinyl cutter machine, so he can make me anything.

I've got a black case - with a window on the one side. I want to put the vinyl on the other side. Any cool logos would be great.

w_s

:biggrin:
Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Post by Anakha56 »

how about yoda doing the sheep? :wink:

or since your avvi's have been dragons of late how about one of em? i have something you will like at home its going to be cut on my case when i get time, will take a pic tonight and post it or you its a dragon.
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
wit_skapie
Moderator Emeritus

Post by wit_skapie »

sweet.... :D
halo

Post by halo »

wit_skapie , why not tell us what you like and we can make a plan...
wit_skapie
Moderator Emeritus

Post by wit_skapie »

Dragons... :biggrin:
halo

Post by halo »

saw that coming... well, find something you like and print it out in black. use this as a map and trace the dragon out and trace it out on the case... thats how i did my case
wit_skapie
Moderator Emeritus

Post by wit_skapie »

halo wrote:saw that coming... well, find something you like and print it out in black. use this as a map and trace the dragon out and trace it out on the case... thats how i did my case
Hehehe.... no - i just give my buddy a .jpeg or .bmp of a nice pic, and the vinyl machine cuts it out of a vinyl sheet - kinda like a big sticker...

Nerevar

Post by Nerevar »

wit_skapie wrote:
halo wrote:saw that coming... well, find something you like and print it out in black. use this as a map and trace the dragon out and trace it out on the case... thats how i did my case
Hehehe.... no - i just give my buddy a .jpeg or .bmp of a nice pic, and the vinyl machine cuts it out of a vinyl sheet - kindly like a big sticker...

Where can you do this?
E6600@2.9GHz, Asus8800 GTS, 2x2GB
Patriot DDR2 4-4-4-12 @ 900MHz
Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

i will definitly get that pic for you wit under one condition you show us what you do at the end of it all.
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
wit_skapie
Moderator Emeritus

Post by wit_skapie »

Nerevar wrote:
wit_skapie wrote:
Hehehe.... no - i just give my buddy a .jpeg or .bmp of a nice pic, and the vinyl machine cuts it out of a vinyl sheet - kindly like a big sticker...

Where can you do this?
The guy that works with me - his mom owns one of these machines, they call it a Vinyl Cutter or a Plotter. It's used for making signs etc.
So he can make me anything i'd like....

:D
wit_skapie
Moderator Emeritus

Post by wit_skapie »

Anakha56 wrote:i will definitly get that pic for you wit under one condition you show us what you do at the end of it all.
it's a deal....
halo

Post by halo »

wit_skapie
Moderator Emeritus

Post by wit_skapie »

Very nice....
wit_skapie
Moderator Emeritus

Post by wit_skapie »

Here's a small version of what i'm working on:

Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

dont do anything till youve seen my photo tomorrow. BTW Looking very good. :wink:
Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

I know it isnt the best of qaulity, but it isnt a pic its a metal design of a dragon so therefore its very reflective. im posting all the pics i took. cant take more cause my camera has no more battery life :oops:

i can always try to take more pics, but i will be using webcam mode to do it with so if you have any suggestions swing it my way and ill give it a try.
halo

Post by halo »

very nice Anakha56... where did you find it...
wit_skapie
Moderator Emeritus

Post by wit_skapie »

Sweet! Thanks a lot! Those look damn cool - i'll show them to my buddy when he gets in - hear if the machine will do them....

Thanx bru - i owe you a beer :biggrin:
Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

my dad came home from work one day and he said i thought you might want this. he said a friend gave it to him. Its cool i dont mind wit_skapie glad I could help, that design is definitly going on my new case when i get a new upgrade on my machine.
wit_skapie
Moderator Emeritus

Post by wit_skapie »

:blush: hehe.... my buddy made the one I posted on page 1 - but a white one, looks awesome. Will stick it on over the weekend and post the pics here on Monday.

Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

its actually a silver metal colour but white will do :wink: enjoy cant wait to see the final product.
wit_skapie
Moderator Emeritus

Post by wit_skapie »

So i put the vinyl / sticker on over the weekend - not to shabby... not as big as i thought it would be, but thats probably better. I'll take some pics of my case tonight and post them tomorrow - it's nothing special, no real modding - just a few lights...

Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

cool cant wait to see it.
wit_skapie
Moderator Emeritus

Post by wit_skapie »

Here are some pics of the side panel (wiff the new sticker on):

I'll take some pics of the whole case tonight - i changed two of my fans yesterday.

Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

nice i see you used youre original design. it came out very nice how much would your friend charge for a vinyl to be made out? i would love to do that for my machine.