chat room needed

A place for all tech stuff that doesn't really belong anywhere else.
Rudd

chat room needed

Post by Rudd »

i for one think forums are pretty boring, and remembering where one posted and replied is another.
<BR>
<BR>i think this site needs a chat room, where we can discuss things about computers and games in real time, im actually quite surprised that this hasnt happened yet.
<BR>
<BR>if the most arb sites have chat rooms will it be so difficult to have one here?
<BR>
<BR>and dont bring up the story of cost, if cr** sites have chatrooms so can you.
<BR>
<BR>and by the way, the ed said the june issue would have a major overhaul, so i bought it vowing never to buy it again. changing the colour of the ratings boxes doesnt in my opinion mean a "major overhaul"
<BR>
<BR>well thats my 2 cents. One pcformat fan who wont be buying it again.
LordRage

chat room needed

Post by LordRage »

WOW harsh man.... I hope you dont get too burned when the flaming starts....
<BR>
<BR>But a chat room would be good!!
Catch a man a fish, and you can sell it to him. Teach a man to fish, and you ruin a wonderful business opportunity. (Karl Marx)
GBSOD

chat room needed

Post by GBSOD »

I agree that the June issue was not a major overhaul. I am glad, I really like the format as it is. However I did notice the change to the Gameplay section and I really like it, the pages are full of intersting bits of info, almost no space is wasted.
<BR>
<BR>A chat room could be nice
<BR>
<BR>
jbayman

Post by jbayman »

Any reply from management about the possibility of a chat room :?:
Scarlet_Spider
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Scarlet_Spider »

hey Rudd that was a bit harsh - granted you've been here longer than I have - be careful with the way things come across, you sounded like a bit of a pr!ck back there.
Tamsini

Post by Tamsini »

As a bit of a grumpy ed today I can say that anyone who buys PCF just cos of the overhaul is a bit off...After all the changes were more local content, an inclusion of a modding section on the disc (starts next month), more local interviews with people and with your questions asked and answered, more competitions, cooler features with more local info. Jeez - what do you want? Me to read it to you? :twisted:
Fishzn

Post by Fishzn »

Thats tellin him Tam!!!

YO rudd weren't you ever told that when asking for sumthin' ask for it nicely, i mean who goes around tellin' people what they've just put their blood, sweat and tears into is not up to standards and never fulfilled anything and then continue to ask for a chat room! You gotta be suave and polite and if wasn't for the other guys backing up your request i think you would have never got a second look from the head honcho's at PCF!

Show the guys some respect and you're bound to get it back and they might even put what we ask for on the cover disc!

BTW the forums are damn cool and all the fun is in finding a lost thread and replying to it! :D
Last edited by Fishzn on 05 Sep 2003, 14:46, edited 1 time in total.
"For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
OnlyOneKenobi
Moderator Emeritus

Post by OnlyOneKenobi »

I like both Forums and chat rooms, but forums have the advantage that advice given to others can be found even months later by someone who's having the same problem. And further more, I agree with Fishzn, you can't and go insult PCF and in the same breath ask for a favour. Be constructive if you have critisisms of the mag or the site.

Intel Core i7-950 | MSI X58 Pro-E, STK1366 | Geforce GTX470 1280 | 8GB DDR3 1333Mhz RAM | Samsung 226BW Monitor | Windows 7 Home Premium
Thrall
Moderator Emeritus

Re: chat room needed

Post by Thrall »

Rudd wrote:i for one think forums are pretty boring, and remembering where one posted and replied is another.
So why post, then? And what's your name, Blondie - any idea?
Be polite, professional and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

My Iraq pics
zimdollar

Post by zimdollar »

That was a bit harsh Rudd, but a chatroom would be nice. I remember the old PCF website had one, maybe two years back.