Any hardware related topics go here.
Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Post by Anakha56 »

JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
DEeRaY

Post by DEeRaY »

Now if the Semprons are gonna be 64bit what the point of actually getting the AMD64 couterpart does it have more cache or what? Cuase Semprons are pretty cheap
HdB

Post by HdB »

I think the Semprons don't have as much cache, and doesn't have dual channel support.
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+ s939 | Gecube 3870 OC edition
Soap

Post by Soap »

The new Semprons for Socket939 have dual-channel support, though AMD has yet to release them. Semprons are pretty good, but the normal Athlons are the mainstream variant, so you'll rather want to look at these. Though the Semprons do make for great overclockers.
Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

Intel on the Offensive!

Roadmap details...
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

Intel demonstrates AMT for notebooks

now this lloks like tech that would be extremely helpful...
Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

AMD Suing Intel

WOW! something for the AMD fan boys :wink: but seriously AMD is now taking Intel to court this is going to be very intresting indeed...
Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

Tolklein

Post by Tolklein »

This is an interesting turn of events.

Thanks Anakha56, keep us posted
WiK1d

Post by WiK1d »

When will the FX-57 reach us little poor country??
Azgard
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Azgard »

It's already here, solo did a review of it a little while ago :)

Don't think it is available to us normal people yet though.

Here's a link if you interested Review of FX-57
WiK1d

Post by WiK1d »

I've read that review just now lol
Azgard
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Azgard »

Cool, didn't know that. Well it's there for anyone else who want to read it. I haven't seen it posted anywhere also here so if it has been just let me know and I'll remove it.
WiK1d

Post by WiK1d »

ive read that and then i wondered when it will reach us, hehe
Azgard
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Azgard »

Oh I see, silly me :lol:

Not like 99% of us will have money to buy it anyway. It'll be way too expensive.
Rayne

Post by Rayne »

Just an interesting update in the Intel AMD debacle :
Nine major firms agree to AMD discovery requests

Toshiba refuses, Intel hasn't yet responded

CHIP FIRM AMD has followed up its antitrust suit against Intel earlier this week by filing discovery requests against the major OEMs mentioned in its action.
Nine firms, including Best Buy, have agreed to cooperate with AMD so far, while others are treading water and one, Toshiba, has refused to talk to the firm's lawyers.

Other companies are Sony, Sun, Acer, Circuit City, Gateway, Lenovo, NEC-CI, Rackable and Tech Data. Each agreed, said AMD, at a minimum, to preserve the documents of the custodians listed "while some have agreed to broader preservation".

AMD will reserve the right to serve subpoenas only if talks break down. "If granted leave to do so, we intend to serve subpoenas, however, on those companies that either have refused to negotiate in good faith or who have failed to even acknowledge receipt of our request."

AMD asked the court for leave to serve document preservation subpoenas and also wrote letters to "large, well heeled international corporations," including Dell, IBM, Lenovo, HP, Gateway, Sony, NEC, Fujitsu, Toshiba and Hitachi. It also said that it sent letters to big retailers including Best Buy, Circuit City, CompUSA, Office Depot, the German Media Markt and the UK Dixons.

The full list of OEMs in alphabetical order are Acer, Averatec, Dell, Fujitsu, Fujitsu Siemens, Gateway, HP, Hitachi, IBM, Lenovo, NEC, NEC-CI, Rackable Systems, Sony, Sun, Supermicro and Toshiba.

Distributors who got letters are ASI, Avnet, Ingram, Supercom, Synnex, and Tech Data. Retailers are Aldi, Best Buy, Circuit City, CompUSA, Dixons, Fry's, MediaMarkt, Office Depot, and Vobis.

In its notification to the court, AMD said it asked only that the company sequester the data of a small number of specifically identified employees which are known to engage with Intel's sales force, and has "carefully limited the documents requested to narrowly drawn categories".

For example, said AMD, it asked Lenovo to keep documents in 16 categories belonging to 18 employees, while in the case of Circuit City, AMD identified six employees belonging to the buying department and those in their reporting chain.

The filing added: "AMD's preservation request invited all recipients who nonetheless considered the request too burdensome to engage AMD in discussions to find ways to ameliorate the burden."

Fourteen of the companies have already responded and nine have said they will work with AMD. Best Buy agreed to comply without limitations. Toshiba acknowledged receipt and refused to negotiate.

Dell, Hitachi and CompUSA have acknowledged the letter - the first two will respond later. Eighteen companies have not yet responded.

This document also quotes the Rogister's Ashlee Vance as saying Intel "usually makes sure its executives and salesfolk don't put anything that could be construed as damaging down in writing".

Intel has so far not responded to three calls AMD's lawyer, Chuck Diamond, made to its offices, he said in an affidavit.

Here, as an example, is the request AMD made to Acer and others in PDF format. It names a large number of Acer and the other firms' employees, and also wants data relating to previous employees who worked with Intel. µ

* THE court also received a filing from Forensic Consulting Solutions, acting as an "e-discovery" agent for AMD, which discusses the risk that the firm faces of "inadvertent spoliation of electronic evidence in the hands of third party OEMs, distributors and retailers". Once a firm has received a request in connection with litigation and the custodians of email or IMs, they should suspend the "systematic destruction" that occurs in the normal scheme of things. Specific software used to track sales transactions must be preserved.

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=24350
Zell
Permanently Banned

Post by Zell »

I say AMD rocks over Intel, but thats only cause I have AMD, hehe.

I don't really care which one is better, they are both good in their own ways.
ElDiablo

Post by ElDiablo »

I totally agree, but in my opinion, all CPU's are equal... But some are more equal than others!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

We've just overclocked an Intel Celeron 2.4Ghz to 3.6Ghz with 10% voltage increase and standard cooling.... It's running quite cold-ish, and stable... We'll try 4Ghz at a later stage..
*This moment of baldness was brought to you by......................*
J2theT
Permanently Banned

Post by J2theT »

I think this is quite interresting whats going on.
But i agree that AMD is better then INTEL i only use AMD because im a keen gamer but for the rest no intel has yet come near the performance of an AMD 64(the newest one) and yet no amd has come to the speed of the pentium M.

I dunno but hey lets just hope that AMD wins the law siute they do have a big chance though but i might be wrong maybe so maybe not ....

thank anakha and rayne for the cool links and info...
MrBean

Post by MrBean »

i only use AMD because im a keen gamer but for the rest no intel has yet come near the performance of an AMD 64(the newest one) and yet no amd has come to the speed of the pentium M.
At the same speed than A64 cpu's, including FX series, the Intel Pentium M (Mobile Laptop cpu) beats the Amd's hands down in all major benchmarks, including 3dMark01/03/05, Aq3 and SuperPI. Oh yes, and gaming ;)

Btw: Most A64's run higher clock speeds than Pentium M. Don't confuse Pentium M with Pentium 4 (Northwood/Prescott - Netburst)

Br,
MrBean.
ElDiablo

Post by ElDiablo »

And yet, the Pentium M remains mobile and much more expensive than an AMD 64 at the same clock speed
MrBean

Post by MrBean »

And yet, the Pentium M remains mobile and much more expensive than an AMD 64 at the same clock speed
No, not true. Almost any Dothan will overclock with stock air and stock voltages to 2.4+ gig, which already makes it a FX55 (@stock) killer. What do you pay nowadays for a 1.8G mobile? You can get them of ebay for appr US $150-200....which makes them way cheaper than the comparable A64, or P4.

Guys, this is the next big thing to hit the Consumer, mark my words. And only 21W heat dissipation at 1.6G?

Mmmm
ElDiablo

Post by ElDiablo »

next best thing to hit the comsumer is the Dual core AMD and Intel cpu's..... (Intel using 30% more power than AMD by the way)

http://www.tomshardware.com/cpu/20050603/index.html
Mozz

Post by Mozz »

Sorry off topic!

OMW Beanie's back!!!!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE give us an update to that CM-Stacker you were doing i really was upset to see you stopped posting in ur thread :(

PLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASE :)