Site upgrade problems

Questions about the forums? Got a suggestion on how things can be improved? Post here!
Tel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Tel »

Scarlet_Spider wrote:...

cool, i gathered thatm, what i fail to see is why it is a good thing to have more page impresions, is it perhaps something to show off to potential advertisers
In PCF's case impressions will show the amount of pages requested, therefore how busy the site is. For PCF more is better as it will mean more potential readers and for advertisers wanting to know the stats of the site will want to advertise.

This is only what I think though, I could be wrong. :P
Be Silly. Be Honest. Be Kind. | Ralph Waldo Emerson
Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Post by Anakha56 »

" Parse error: parse error, unexpected $ in /usr/www/users/pcformat/pcformat.co.za/modules/Forums/viewtopic.php on line 762 "

I got that error when i tried to stop viewing a topic. but my real problem is that i didnt set it to view that topic in the first place so whats happening there? and its been happening to me frequently, and i have had to "click on the stop viewing" area on the same topic @ least 4 times to date and on diffrent threads any ideas?
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
Cameron_Losco
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Cameron_Losco »

The quick reply was adding you to be notified but it has been removed. I'll check that error.
Cameron_Losco
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Cameron_Losco »

Another test
Scarlet_Spider
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Scarlet_Spider »

working fine now, was selecting the "watch" but its fine now
------
a nikonian from South Africa....
Nikonians
Cameron_Losco
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Cameron_Losco »

All should be well now, let me know
Cameron_Losco
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Cameron_Losco »

Synkronos wrote:Page impressions are not the best measure of a sites usage :P Silly things like having to open a new page for simple tasks can mess it up, so it is at best a relative rating :P Just make sure your boss (if you have one, I dunno what the corporate structure is like over there :P) understand the change and what it's done. On a asite with membership, you should be tracking things like login/logout times for the members for usage stats anyway, which will give you a much better picture of what's going on :P
Yeah, I know. I was just saying it as a joke anyway. When seeking advertisers "visitors" and "unique users" are much more important anyway.
Psych0_Cr1tt3r

Post by Psych0_Cr1tt3r »

Gasp! A download section! Looks like all my nagging payed off. Now what am I suppose to complain about now, Cameron? :wink:
Tel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Tel »

I've noticed in the Gallery section the layout pics aren't working. Has anybody else noticed?
Be Silly. Be Honest. Be Kind. | Ralph Waldo Emerson
jee

Post by jee »

I can stare in total admiration at all the guys in the gallery Evin...... 8)
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
wizardofid
Processor: Intel 2500K
Motherboard: Gigabyte B75M D3H
Graphics card: inno3d Jericho 570GTX
Memory: 8Gig DDR3 1333mhz

Post by wizardofid »

Cameron Losco wrote:
Synkronos wrote:Page impressions are not the best measure of a sites usage :P Silly things like having to open a new page for simple tasks can mess it up, so it is at best a relative rating :P Just make sure your boss (if you have one, I dunno what the corporate structure is like over there :P) understand the change and what it's done. On a asite with membership, you should be tracking things like login/logout times for the members for usage stats anyway, which will give you a much better picture of what's going on :P
Yeah, I know. I was just saying it as a joke anyway. When seeking advertisers "visitors" and "unique users" are much more important anyway.
Well cammy you could always limit the quick reply function by say disabling HTML code and the amount of words that can be type it is after all it is a "quick reply" so it doesn't have to have all the "fancy" functions of a normal reply. 8) Problem sorted.......I think
"In my weird politically incorrect hypothetically incoherent contradicting obscured world definitively maybe"
Cameron_Losco
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Cameron_Losco »

Wouldnt want to do that wizardofid, wont "help" the site much. With the quick reply being fully functional its a pleasure to use so I wouldnt want to destroy that.
oukie

Post by oukie »

How about having a search option for forums?
Enter a phrase and it searches all the forums for threads with that phrase.... Would stop alot of double threads apearing...

BTW does this maybe already exist and did i perhaps miss it??
Total Forum Points: 14000
skunkymunky
Permanently Banned

Post by skunkymunky »

don't kn0ow abt you but i see "search" up the there
right in between "MemberList" and "Usergroups"
Fool people into thinking youve got a horse by taking off a unicorns horn
oukie

Post by oukie »

Have you used it before??????
Only have options for searching in articles.....
Not forum threads.....
Total Forum Points: 14000