the new look!

Questions about the forums? Got a suggestion on how things can be improved? Post here!
MrC

Post by MrC »

Well done! Looks great.
Dr_Jung

Post by Dr_Jung »

I sense that somebody's sub-conscious has been troubling them for a while :?: It has now manifested itself in the creation of this new and wonderfully revamped forum site.
This could of course, also be directly related to a mother fixation with all this beauty abounding. An inner desire to procreate which has manifested itself as an artistic creation.
I have asked for a second opinion on this phenomena and my trusted assistant has reluctantly offered the following opinion:
"The inner psyche is a complex plethora of numerous variables. But it is quite obvious that in this case there is a definite Oedipus complex coming to the fore."
I feel that this display of creativity is to be admired and built upon.

Remember half the people you know are below average.

Trust me! I am a Doctor.
Fishzn

Post by Fishzn »

Shocking!!!! 8O

Looks kewl, however it will take some adjusting to, like going to an entirely different forum!Hehe, how long have we had the blue look, was kinda like home! But still, THANKS ALOT CAMMY, Its absolute great to see that the site is becoming a priority and a big part of the MAG... :wink:
"For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
Bio-Hazard

Post by Bio-Hazard »

Already used to it and noticed it's much better on the eyes.
Demoraliser

Post by Demoraliser »

this is sweet. I logged on, and for a moment it thought i was another site. But i am loving this, really cool.
Cameron_Losco
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Cameron_Losco »

Thanks everybody!

It seems like there are a bunch of you that don’t the new look, I though that it would be a welcomed change but some of you don’t seem to like it or perhaps don’t like change. Please vote on the main page as to how you feel about it, democracy rules (even if I don’t like it) and if the majority of you don’t like the change I will make a plan.

The site should load faster because it is a bit lighter, I saw a comment about the site loading slower. This doesn’t make any sense.

I haven’t had time to read through all the posts in the topic but will do so, I’ll give more feedback in a short while.

<b>The Mozilla forums story has been fixed. I’m not going to even tell you how I struggled to find the problem. </b>
feo

Post by feo »

The colour scheme is nice, but the format of the site is still the same. It would've been nice if the layout of the site had been changed...just my opinion. Still looks great in any case.
Disruptor

Post by Disruptor »

Don't have any probs with the site here.....looks darn COOL! 8)

That's what i think at least
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

Schweet! :D
Tel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Tel »

\o/ PCF eventually works in Mozilla. You have really out done yourself Cameron. Thanks!
Be Silly. Be Honest. Be Kind. | Ralph Waldo Emerson
OnlyOneKenobi
Moderator Emeritus

Post by OnlyOneKenobi »

The site does seem to load slower. It looks nice though, it'll take some getting used to.

Intel Core i7-950 | MSI X58 Pro-E, STK1366 | Geforce GTX470 1280 | 8GB DDR3 1333Mhz RAM | Samsung 226BW Monitor | Windows 7 Home Premium
Tel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Tel »

I didn't find a difference in the loading times when I was using IE. Now that I'm using Firefox it's almost instantaneous.
OnlyOneKenobi
Moderator Emeritus

Post by OnlyOneKenobi »

I'm using opera...

Intel Core i7-950 | MSI X58 Pro-E, STK1366 | Geforce GTX470 1280 | 8GB DDR3 1333Mhz RAM | Samsung 226BW Monitor | Windows 7 Home Premium
Tel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Tel »

Hmm, that should be pretty quick too. :?:
Bio-Hazard

Post by Bio-Hazard »

Might it not seem slower since everything has to be re-loaded into temp folder since everything is new. This morning it did come up slower but now it is pretty much the same as before. No REAL noticable difference in speed. I'm on ISDN. anyone with anologue 56K or less notice speed changes?
Mechano

new look

Post by Mechano »

I absolutely dig it! It's long overdue. Didn't check yet but can you choose a custom skin now?
draggon

Post by draggon »

I'm not sure if this was brought to notice:

1. This site looks similar the other one's, people are gonna get confused between them.

2. Your server time is wrong, or is this my PC's prob.

But i think it's cool and exciting.
L0g4n

Post by L0g4n »

WTF!! Where am I! Oh.... cool...the site has had a facelift
Schweet! 8)
Uranium

Post by Uranium »

The new theme looks really legend.
UR@|\|1U|\/|
My PC:
AMD Athlon64 3500+
2GB DDR400 RAM
GeForce 6800GT 256MB
120 GB SATA HDD
Jane

Post by Jane »

Found the CHAT button, which I couldn't this morning. Thanx a mil!
jee

Post by jee »

Cameron Losco wrote:<b>The Mozilla forums story has been fixed. I’m not going to even tell you how I struggled to find the problem. </b>
whooohoooo Cameron.... If you were not the boss boy I would really huggle you!!!!!!!
That is much appreciated, Cameron... now i just want some murple *gigglz* :wink:
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
Tel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Tel »

As I've been using the forums thru the day, I have found why Cameron picked this theme. It is so easy on the eye and it looks more professional than the previous theme.
kailinin

Post by kailinin »

change is good :D
I am the Hitokiri that makes it rain blood.....
- Himura Battousai.
Cameron_Losco
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Cameron_Losco »

jee wrote:
Cameron Losco wrote:<b>The Mozilla forums story has been fixed. I’m not going to even tell you how I struggled to find the problem. </b>
whooohoooo Cameron.... If you were not the boss boy I would really huggle you!!!!!!!
That is much appreciated, Cameron... now i just want some murple *gigglz* :wink:
Huggle accepted (or taken) :D
jee

Post by jee »

Evin... I must agree, the more I use it, the more i get used to it... hmmm there must be a song in here somewhere....
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.