Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Wierd Network problem

Post by Anakha56 »

Im attempting to fix this guys problem with his laptop. a little bit of background first we use novell as our user server so everyone has a novell login name and when they login they get certain mappings for diffrent partitions on the servers hdd. This guys problem is that whe you enter the login name it logs in fine but you go into windows explorer and it says that the drives are disconnected but you can still access them anyone seen this issue?

Im going home now will be checking in tonight via g/f's dial-up so if you need more info post the questions and i will answer tonight. cheers thankx for any help.
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
Sojourn

Post by Sojourn »

He's got XP or W2K ?

I have seen this b4, am not sure how our teckies addressed it, will make a phone call or 2.
Sojourn

Post by Sojourn »

Just got off the ph with some clever ou, he said that by default
drive mappings made from a logon script will not be "connected"
even though the mapping is made. Only when the user use the mapping,
will the link be established. To remedy this, there is a setting on the server
side you change to "connect".

Am not well versed on Novell servers so dont qoute me on the above.

Alternatively, you could manually create drive mappings and select the
"reconnect at logon" option and that should get rid of the red disconnected
'x' on your mapping after logging on.

If you get this disconnected status on a manual drive mapping and not from a script during logon, I am stumped.

S
Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

We use logon scripts, I will ask my boss to check his account as my boss as access to the server whereas i dont :cry: but the wierd thing is that it does that no matter who's account we use, mine, his or a fake one my boss created. will try somethings tomorrow morning thankx Sojourn.
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

Problem solved. It needed Netware re-installed. The guys before me, one of them at least, used microsoft's netware drivers and they werent working to well, reinstalled with proper netware drivers and bob's your uncle its working. Thankx for the help Sojourn.