CGing (**re-re-named**)

Show off your design skills or get some advice from the pros.
fallen_angel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by fallen_angel »

how do you rename a link to say like ---> practice run or here???

Watashi no ikari wa anata no tamashī wa heiwa o fukushū to eien no o mitsukeru.
TROPICAL AQUARIUMS <---My hobby
jee

Post by jee »

"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
jee

Post by jee »

Psych0_Cr1tt3r wrote:Practise run

*sigh* crappy scan

naaice...
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
Narkath

Post by Narkath »

Psych0_Cr1tt3r wrote::dontgetit: That actually helped alot. thx
Micheal Turner is the penciler of the comic Witchblade. What I meant was (seems like I'm saying this alot), even the masters like him have their bad days. Don't sweat it. I mean, my friend came over and had not one good thing to say about the pic I posted, even though he can't draw for s#h!t.
In drawing you posted, you've got a feel for perspective which I suck at, but I think the arm (his left one) should be straighter--there by the arm pit it looks kind of wonky. His left leg and shoe are perfect IMO, but the right calf is skinnier and his knee is knobbly. Also--not sure if it was intentional--shouldn't the right hand have more fingers.
Sorry about the bad post before :oops:

*Low Whistle* wow, that second one you did is awesome!--especially the head and the area between there and the neck. I like the way you did the eyes. What is that over the mouth? Looks cool but I can't make out what it is. A jaw? Mask? Only two things I don't like about the drawing: The left arm is too skinny and the crotch is too dark. Looks not good down there. LOL. This one is much better than the last one. Cool concept, too.

Fallen angel, holly cr4p on rollerblades!! Coooool!! *claps while standing*
I'm really not worthy to crit this because I suck and you rule. *groan* I must draw some more. How old did you say you were? Do you own a lot of manga? Do you use references? If so, do you have any recommendations on how to get that good? Did you really do this without a Wacom? The panty shot is great. Thanks for the fan-service. :D
One complaint. The left hand should have finger bendy wrinkles, me thinks. That’s all. Keep on drawing!

Last note: could someone please draw some shoujo-ai?
Psych0_Cr1tt3r

Post by Psych0_Cr1tt3r »

Narkath wrote:
Psych0_Cr1tt3r wrote::dontgetit: That actually helped alot. thx
Micheal Turner is the penciler of the comic Witchblade. What I meant was (seems like I'm saying this alot), even the masters like him have their bad days. Don't sweat it. I mean, my friend came over and had not one good thing to say about the pic I posted, even though he can't draw for s#h!t.
In drawing you posted, you've got a feel for perspective which I suck at, but I think the arm (his left one) should be straighter--there by the arm pit it looks kind of wonky. His left leg and shoe are perfect IMO, but the right calf is skinnier and his knee is knobbly. Also--not sure if it was intentional--shouldn't the right hand have more fingers.
Sorry about the bad post before :oops:
Well, I wasnt sarcastic, it did help. The second drawing I posted was actually a art project that was 3 weeks due :oops: and I drew it lastnight and it had to be in today and I wanted decent marks. The thing over _her_ mouth is a mask. It didnt scan well cuz a) crap scanner b) the drawing wasnt meant to be scanned in the first place.

The crouch looks bad cuz when the whole thing was done at 11PM I saw how crappy it looked and had to redo half the pic. So I was frustrated and all that
Narkath

Post by Narkath »

Psych0_Cr1tt3r wrote:Well, I wasnt sarcastic, it did help
Oh, ok. hehe no prob. :wink:
Psych0_Cr1tt3r

Post by Psych0_Cr1tt3r »

Narkath wrote:
Psych0_Cr1tt3r wrote:Well, I wasnt sarcastic, it did help
Oh, ok. hehe no prob. :wink:
Its hard to tell, I know
Psych0_Cr1tt3r

Post by Psych0_Cr1tt3r »

tadah and all that

Click meh!
Last edited by Psych0_Cr1tt3r on 16 Oct 2004, 20:28, edited 1 time in total.
MonicanSpy

Post by MonicanSpy »

I know I've already told you this Psycho...but hey, your work is great!
Friggs

Post by Friggs »

Yea, very nice. I wish i could draw like that! The full pic of your av is awesome
Narkath

Post by Narkath »

The tattered wings are cool. One thing that I find strange with your folds is that you keep them all at the same thickness....does that makes sense, like they are too perfect. Not your best but still a cool pic.

Lazy me has done no new stuff, just mucked around with the same pic.
Here it is again, slightly fixed (colour, shadows, eyes) and all clothed...sort of. hehe.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v166/ ... nished.jpg
Psych0_Cr1tt3r

Post by Psych0_Cr1tt3r »

Hey Narkath, critisize this. You know you want to

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v97/P ... 3r/bat.jpg
I34z1k

Post by I34z1k »

I will give it a go. The left arm is slightly ubproportionate to the body and the knees are a bit narrow/thin. All the bullet/stab holes in the clothing looks too similar rather add a bit of variation. And on the left it looks like he is standing on his tippy toes. The sword looks like it is not in his hand properly but its difficult to notice. Other than that excellent. :D
Psych0_Cr1tt3r

Post by Psych0_Cr1tt3r »

Flagrat wrote:I will give it a go. The left arm is slightly ubproportionate to the body and the knees are a bit narrow/thin. All the bullet/stab holes in the clothing looks too similar rather add a bit of variation. And on the left it looks like he is standing on his tippy toes. The sword looks like it is not in his hand properly but its difficult to notice. Other than that excellent. :D
Smell that?

Thats constructive critique :D
Narkath

Post by Narkath »

hows that? ;P Hope you don't mind me doing that.
Off to watch charmed.

Edit: whoops lots of spelling errors
Psych0_Cr1tt3r

Post by Psych0_Cr1tt3r »

I think my self confidence just took a jump. Thx Narkath :D
Narkath

Post by Narkath »

Recently, I was able to buy a drawing tablet. Unfortunately, Wacoms are too expensive for me so I went with Genius.
This is the result of doing it freehand in photoshop.
NOTE: I didn't have any objective in mind so excuse the funny proportions.
Prog: Photoshop.
Tools: Genius Tablet + Mouse
Time: +- 5hrs on off.

Side Note: Should have done it bigger, but as I said, I didn't know I was going to do anything important at the time.