Narkath's Avatar/Signature thread

Show off your design skills or get some advice from the pros.
Narkath

Narkath's Avatar/Signature thread

Post by Narkath »

The avatars and sigs, made by me, in this half of the post, are up for grabs! Any you see here have no owners, despite any name you may see on them (sometimes an avatar/sig does not get claimed after a request). As they are used, they get removed from this post. So if you see the word "Name" or any other text on them, it is only there for aesthetic purposes and I can replace it with whatever the hell you want.

There is no need to read through the entire thread (though you may want to, since other people have posted their avatars and such in here as well) as I will post any new pieces right here, in the first post.

NB: There are variations to some here, which you might or might not see posted. To view my larger artwork, visit my deviantART page. Enjoy!
I am not taking requests at the moment.

Image Image Image
Image Image

----
This is a "frame". the center pic can be replaced with whatever.
----
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Pink, it was love at first site!"

Source for girl: Noir wallpaper.

Image Image
Again, the text inside is optional. I wanted something inspirational (non religious) but stuck to the theme of the avvie, so i chose "who walks with spring." Feel free to ask for a replacement line.
Note: This is the artwork josephine wall http://www.josephinewall.co.uk. If you want to use this avatar please pay respects and put a link to her site underneath/in your sig.

Image ImageImage Image

Image Image
The original, and brilliant, artwork is by Keith Parkinson. Please pay respect by adding a link to his website under your sig. http://www.keithparkinson.com

Image Image Image

This half is reserved for all of my avvies/sigs that are in use, have been used, or never will be used:
ClearEdge range
Image Image
Image Image
end ClearEdge range
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image

Image Image
Image Image Image Image
<This one is too big for the forum>
</This one is too big for the forum>
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Last edited by Narkath on 11 May 2005, 21:45, edited 42 times in total.
jee

Post by jee »

Very naaice, Narkath.... One day when I'm big I will also have a sig ;)
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
Narkath

Post by Narkath »

*bowes*
I hear sigs are bad for you. I started using them cause I saw everyone esle with one. 8) Peer pressure.
Nerevar

Post by Nerevar »

WOW :lol:
thats some realy nice art work
E6600@2.9GHz, Asus8800 GTS, 2x2GB
Patriot DDR2 4-4-4-12 @ 900MHz
Psych0_Cr1tt3r

Post by Psych0_Cr1tt3r »

Nice

We must nag Cameron into implementing some kind of function that allows one to disable viewing all sigs. ppl are complaining.

me, I dont really care, I think they look nifty. But we need to take other ppl in consideration
jee

Post by jee »

It depends on the sig. Some are pleasant, and does not make you sea sick by moving all over the place. They are small, interesting and does not run all over the place..... they say something. If done in style, and pleasing to the eye, and not too darn heavy for those of us on 56k modems, i think they make a statement.

I will climb off my soap box now
;)
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
Psych0_Cr1tt3r

Post by Psych0_Cr1tt3r »

jee wrote:I will climb off my soap box now
;)
*Applause*
Narkath

Post by Narkath »

Look, I have a 56k connection and, once everything is in history-ed, then loading is fine.
Maybe there should be a file size limit. The sig I have was 23 Kb and it took way too long to load. I looked at the other sigs I've made and they are all around 21 Kb, so I compressed it a bit further. Any more and it would look too pixilated. I could make them smaller, but until there is some serious moaning I will keep it +- 21Kb at +- 400x120px. The avatars have been given a generous limit--16kb at 120x160px--and since a sig is bigger is physical size it would obviously take up more virtual space thus taking longer to load.
I have seen some awesome slim line sigs and I would try my hand at them *IF* a size/dimention limit were to be set.
Psych0_Cr1tt3r

Post by Psych0_Cr1tt3r »

Nah, your sig is fine.
But when they start getting around 300KB, its annoying. Not reffering to you, reffering to other ppl. You know who you are!
Narkath

Post by Narkath »

300Kb!! 8O and here I thought I was treading on egg shells with 21.
Yeah, you know who you are! *shakes fist* *L*
Hawk21

Post by Hawk21 »

Nice avatars Narkath

:P
Reality is the Illusion we all agree upon
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

Look @ Hawk21's sig it is slimline doesn't take up alot of bandwidth and makes ya think. Well if it doen't make ya think then it should.

Narkath: Any Chance you could make me a sig that would fit with my ave?

----------------------------------------------------------

Ever seen a vamp crawl on his nees for someone to do him a fav?
Narkath

Post by Narkath »

hehe um thing is I'm not really taking requests at the mo. Reason being, look how long it took me to do Iceblade's one. I don't want to say yeah and then leave you hanging. Or sometimes I just get stuck creatively and then I feel like an A-hole for saying I'll do it. Or worse--what if I say ok and then I make something that sucks.
Post the link to the original piece, if you have it, as I like working on a larger scale, and I may give it a crack.
Oh and thanks Hawk.
Narkath

Post by Narkath »

Here you go. I was planning on having bats in flight come out from the back of his head as well, but hey, use this one so long if you like it. (see first post)
someidiotsa

Post by someidiotsa »

:oops: How do u use a sig anyways been checking around and seems like u need it on a public url or somthin?
Narkath

Post by Narkath »

What you need to do is have the sig up on a site that allows hotlinking, like photobucket and then add an image tag (they provide you with the code if you don't know how) with that url in it to you're sig like so

Code: Select all

[img]www.stuff.com/blablabla.gif[/img]
Iceblade
Moderator Emeritus
Processor: Intel i5 4670K
Motherboard: MSI gaming Z87 MPower
Graphics card: MSI R9290 OC edition Twin FROZR
Memory: CORSAIR Vengeance Pro 2x8gb 2400

Post by Iceblade »

Dude your work ROCKS :!:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Narkath

Post by Narkath »

Why thank you.

I haven't had time to work on anything else, but I feel the need to so...expect stuff.

Hey Ruad, where are you man?
Narkath

Post by Narkath »

Added the glass devils and the sig with an old book in it...which isn't really finished but I can't think of anything else to do to it.
jee

Post by jee »

Naaice Narkath... now if if has a dragon in the sig somewhere .....? please?
Narkath

Post by Narkath »

jee wrote:now if if has a dragon in the sig somewhere
huh? I don't get it. You want a sig with dragon in it?
jee

Post by jee »

LOL Narkath, I love the book and the glass - that is so me and i love red... but i am lost without a dragon - it can have that combination?
Please?
Narkath

Post by Narkath »

I think I got it now. You want the sig with the book, but you want a dragon in it as well.
Did I get it right?
I need to go look for clean dragon pics then.
jee

Post by jee »

eish... my really good dragon page is bookmarked at work ... i will try and get it for you. :)
Iceblade
Moderator Emeritus
Processor: Intel i5 4670K
Motherboard: MSI gaming Z87 MPower
Graphics card: MSI R9290 OC edition Twin FROZR
Memory: CORSAIR Vengeance Pro 2x8gb 2400

Post by Iceblade »

Jee nice to see the dragon is back :wink:

I like that avie 8)