Flash Animation Software

Get help on web editors (Frontpage, Dreamweaver) and web languages (HTML, ASP, PHP).
knick

Flash Animation Software

Post by knick »

Hi All,

New to the site and only been reading the PC Format mag for about 4 months or so.
Just a quick question: I'm building a website and I'd like to use Flash Animation. The problem is I have no idea where to start or which program to use. I've been using Microsoft Frontpage exclusively so far but I've heard of software like Macromedia Flash FX and Flash 5. Are they the same or are they different? :?:

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Knick
fabrulana

Post by fabrulana »

Hi knick,

Just joined the site and saw no reply on the question. I am learning Macromedia Flash MX 2004 at the moment. If you can find/afford it it is the best way to learn Flash. Flash 5 is the old version of Flash and I would not recommend it as the actionscript language has changed between the 2 versions.

Cheers
Fabrulana
Thug4life

Post by Thug4life »

Hi there. I think you are a bit confused. FrontPage is a HTML editor basically, where as flash is completely different, yet can be inserted into a HTML website/page using embedded object tags.

There are many different flash animation programs, the key ones though are the Macromedia Flash ones (ie. 4, 5 and the latest MX). They too are the most complicated to use. Therefore I would suggest the more simple ones such as Swish to start with. To see how to embed the object, have a look at the simple one I put on my site (made with swish) by viewing my source. http://www.thug4life.9f.com [/url]
Education: the path from cocky ignorance to miserable uncertainty
maxxis
Moderator Emeritus

Post by maxxis »

Swish. Yes and No. I used swish a while back and it works really easy. At the moment I am using Flash MX Professional and it is lots more powerful than Swish once you get to know it.

Cheers
Thug4life

Post by Thug4life »

Yeah no doubt swish is a lot less powerful than MX Pro but for a beginner it is ideal I think.
Education: the path from cocky ignorance to miserable uncertainty