OpTiCal Mouse MoD!

General discussion of topics related to modding. Project logs go in the "Project Logs" subforum.
Fishzn

OpTiCal Mouse MoD!

Post by Fishzn »

Howzit guys

In an effort to keep the sections I Moderate alive and kicking, i will be posting a few easy to do mods and general tips and tricks for everybody from ur average joe pc user right up to ur freak of nature geek dude thing!

So heres a pretty cool optical mouse mod that is relatively easy if you follow instructions properly:

http://www.creativemods.com/content.php?article.74

Hope this keeps a few guys busy for the weekend, going to try it myself as soon as i get a cool colour Lazer LED!

They are available at Modshop.co.za, if you can't get any in ur area!
"For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
Nuke
Processor: Xeon E5620
Motherboard: Asus P6T6 Workstation
Graphics card: MSI GTX770
Memory: 24GB Hynix

Post by Nuke »

how bout a heated mouse for winter? that really something i wanna do.
Fishzn

Post by Fishzn »

Well you can actually do that, through two ways i can possibly think of,
First you get a hollow mouse cover, which can be made for you by any plastics company, tell em to put one inlet valve and one outlet valve on it! Then you just get a water boiling reservoir and connect a pump up to it and then just direct it through the mouse inlet valve and direct out again, similar to a watercooler unit! Of course don't warm it up toooo much, as heat is a source of electrical resistance and therefore failure! But it should keep ur hand snug! Once again this all do-able according to my research :lol:

Second way is get a heating pad that connects to a molex source, just stick this to the top of ur mouse, then run the molex cable along the mouse wire and just plug it in at the back of ur pc, where you can have a molex cable coming out the back!

Hope this helps! :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: 8)

See what a modding, benching, overclocking frame of mind does for you!!
"For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
psychofool

Post by psychofool »

Where can I buy one of those LEDs :?:
Fishzn

Post by Fishzn »

Well i mentioned www.modshop.co.za. They have a selection of lazer leds and normal leds at pretty reasonable prices! Not sure about anywhere else, but i know that computersonly.co.za have a modmall section, so maybe they can source for you if ask em nicely!

I will get started with mines as soon as i get a nice color theme to follow! Will post some pics of what happens!
Inslaine

Post by Inslaine »

I can't wait to see the pics! My friend is busy with a mod for his mouse, he alls it SKELETOR, it has UV sensitive fluids passing through it in different coloured pipes and with clicks makes it move around. It's coming along good, he wants to mod his casing with this sort of thing too, I think that will look awesome. I will try to get some pics of his failure/success soon. Take care