PCF Forums a dating service?

Formerly known as "The Ward" -- now Anakha56 and rustypup's playground. Abandon all hope, all ye who enter.
Forum rules
The global forum rules are found here.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
Tel
Moderator Emeritus

PCF Forums a dating service?

Post by Tel »

Are these forums turning into a dating service? :( I sure as hell hope not.

I log in this morning only to find 3 threads that there are people looking for a date. Now I'm all for people finding love, but does it have to be here?

These forums are predominantly PC forums where people come to find out answers concerning their technological equipment. Every now and then there are more personal topics like the petrol price and birthdays and things, which is understandable for most forums.

But a few weeks a go there was a topic started that asked who's single? That's fine, but then more and more often I've seen it pop up that people (guys) want to hook up with the opposite sex (ladies).

And now WizardofId started a thread saying he is looking for a date!? :(

Very sad indeed that these forums are turning into a dating forum...
Be Silly. Be Honest. Be Kind. | Ralph Waldo Emerson
Law

Post by Law »

Well if there were more ladies at lans it would make life easier and funnier to. :D

MAY THE CHEESE BE WITH YOU!
{PK} Law
wizardofid
Processor: Intel 2500K
Motherboard: Gigabyte B75M D3H
Graphics card: inno3d Jericho 570GTX
Memory: 8Gig DDR3 1333mhz

Re: PCF Forums a dating service?

Post by wizardofid »

Envinyatar wrote:Are these forums turning into a dating service? :( I sure as hell hope not.

I log in this morning only to find 3 threads that there are people looking for a date. Now I'm all for people finding love, but does it have to be here?

These forums are predominantly PC forums where people come to find out answers concerning their technological equipment. Every now and then there are more personal topics like the petrol price and birthdays and things, which is understandable for most forums.

But a few weeks a go there was a topic started that asked who's single? That's fine, but then more and more often I've seen it pop up that people (guys) want to hook up with the opposite sex (ladies).

Listen bro' I didn't say I was looking for a date ON this website I said I was looking for hints and tips....on dating and to add I'm against the so called internet dating...too many freaks out there...!!

So do read a post before you....start dissing ppl cause your going to burn your fingers......!!! :twisted: :twisted:
Tel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Tel »

wizardofid wrote:...

Listen bro' I didn't say I was looking for a date ON this website I said I was looking for hints and tips....on dating and to add I'm against the so called internet dating...too many freaks out there...!!

So do read a post before you....start dissing ppl cause your going to burn your fingers......!!! :twisted: :twisted:
:lol: :lol: Now that's funny. I didn't mean to offend you Wizard, but what I'm trying to say is that it is getting more prevalent that dating is appearing in these forums. Making it seem like it's a dating forum rather than a PC forum.

And I didn't mean to diss YOU. You were just the unlucky person that created that post this morning. If it had been anybody else, I would have mentioned them.
wizardofid

Post by wizardofid »

Well thats cool...so gooi some dutchmen lagers and tips...I need all the artililary... for tonight....!!! :lol: :lol:
lancelot

Post by lancelot »

I truly think that this and the want a date threads should be moved to the Ward? I think I will do just that!
Kronos
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Kronos »

Well, We can't talk about computers ALL the time. This forum is a means to break away from the outside world. And the people here are real people (albeit on the other end of the line), But they are still just as good friends as any of our other friends (on this side of the line.) And friends talk about all kinds of things. It would be pretty boring if the forum was just a help line where people posted problems and others answered, and that's it.

I for one, am happy that they topic of dating is coming up frequently, because it shows that we are not just a bunch of sorry Computer geeks that have no lives. We're warm blooded guys and gals looking for a little love. :wink:
Y0da
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Y0da »

If I want to find out why my PC is not working I read the manual. If I want to talk **** with my friends, I phone them. If I want to find out why my PC is not working AND talk **** with my friends at the same time, I use PCF Forums.

Any questions?
Just when I got the hang of life they changed the rules.
OnlyOneKenobi
Moderator Emeritus

Post by OnlyOneKenobi »

Envinyatar wrote: But a few weeks a go there was a topic started that asked who's single?
Errr... dunno where you've been but that thread is months old... besides, so what if some people try to use the forums to try and hook up with someone? Why does it annoy you so much? Why can we talk about all sorts of other crap but not our love lives ( or lack thereof )?

Intel Core i7-950 | MSI X58 Pro-E, STK1366 | Geforce GTX470 1280 | 8GB DDR3 1333Mhz RAM | Samsung 226BW Monitor | Windows 7 Home Premium
Dr_Jung

Post by Dr_Jung »

Sure my young ones, go for it! Ruffen Onkel Doktor Jung fur vielen hilf!

Trust me! I am a Doctor.
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

Dr_Jung wrote:Sure my young ones, go for it! Ruffen Onkel Doktor Jung fur vielen hilf!
Yeah relationships seems to be your speciality.
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
Spoiler (show)
Intel Core i7-2600k @ 3.4GHz
Corsair Vengence 2x4GB DDR3 2000MHz
Thermaltake Toughpower 850W
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
Tel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Tel »

All I'm saying is this is not the place to look for your soulmate. If you do happen to stumble upon that person, then congrats and I wish you the very best. But does dating have to be broadcast as it has recently here?

And we are not all geeks with no lives, Kronos. I am engaged, there's a few people around that are married, look at you for instance. You went to a stag night on a boys' night out. Now that's having a life isn't it?

But, obviously, nobody else sees what I am seeing so I will just zip it.
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

Envinyatar wrote:All I'm saying is this is not the place to look for your soulmate. If you do happen to stumble upon that person, then congrats and I wish you the very best. But does dating have to be broadcast as it has recently here?

And we are not all geeks with no lives, Kronos. I am engaged, there's a few people around that are married, look at you for instance. You went to a stag night on a boys' night out. Now that's having a life isn't it?

But, obviously, nobody else sees what I am seeing so I will just zip it.
I came, I saw, I had to explain.

these threads that were started I think are more for the let out factor than anything else. I think that every single guy here knows that he will not find a date through the forum but what the hell if it is part of having fun we will do it.
Spoiler (show)
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
OnlyOneKenobi
Moderator Emeritus

Post by OnlyOneKenobi »

I agree with Ruad, I seriously doubt anyone is actually looking for a date on the PCF forums, but if they wanted to - what does it matter?

Intel Core i7-950 | MSI X58 Pro-E, STK1366 | Geforce GTX470 1280 | 8GB DDR3 1333Mhz RAM | Samsung 226BW Monitor | Windows 7 Home Premium
Tel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Tel »

The...PCF FORUMS...are...not...dating...forums... :?
Y0da
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Y0da »

Envinyatar wrote:The...PCF FORUMS...are...not...dating...forums... :?
Then what is the PCF Forum? Should we then just talk about computer related issues? C'mon get real. That means no Jokes, no Ward, no Movie/Song wars, no Soccer etc. And no Cheese! 8O

The forum would die a sudden death my friend. If you don't like a topic, just ignore it. Why is it that this one gets to you so much?

Everyday someone starts a thread that everone else follows as the flavour of the day. It's normal.

We are here to have fun. If you're not having it, don't deny the rest of us ours.
Just when I got the hang of life they changed the rules.
Kronos
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Kronos »

Envinyatar wrote:And we are not all geeks with no lives, Kronos.
I never said we were. I said these threads prove that we are NOT.
lancelot

Post by lancelot »

Come on guys, looking for a date, I think not! Looking for some fun on the forum, YES! That's fine, lets face it unless some one in Cape Town I could not help anyway. This is a fun place and I really could not care less what is posted as long as it falls within the parameters of what is allowed here. I think we are reading too much into what Envinyatar sais. 8)
SS_Titanic

Post by SS_Titanic »

I have this fight with my GF on a regular basis. She thinks this is a "dating/ chat/ flirt" site. It is not in my eyes and I also recon we should not stop anyone from posting their "dating requirements" as long as they do not make it a habit.

Think about it, if you can see what these guys post to each other then maybe you can also learn from this. So let's play nice and leave them be.

Why not open a Forum specificly for dating, wouldn't that be a bit of good marketing? What if you had to buy the mag to get info on how to get in to the dating thing? What if every cover CD contains an Access code you need to log in to this?

Just a thought....you can kill me now.......fast though...
"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most"
OnlyOneKenobi
Moderator Emeritus

Post by OnlyOneKenobi »

SS_Titanic wrote:I have this fight with my GF on a regular basis. She thinks this is a "dating/ chat/ flirt" site. It is not in my eyes and I also recon we should not stop anyone from posting their "dating requirements" as long as they do not make it a habit.

Think about it, if you can see what these guys post to each other then maybe you can also learn from this. So let's play nice and leave them be.

Why not open a Forum specificly for dating, wouldn't that be a bit of good marketing? What if you had to buy the mag to get info on how to get in to the dating thing? What if every cover CD contains an Access code you need to log in to this?

Just a thought....you can kill me now.......fast though...
*chops titanic in half with his lightsaber*

Fast enough for you?

Anyway I don't think creating a dating section and endorsing it in the mag is the way to go, leave things as they are now - if anyone ever wanted to create a sincere thread looking for a date, then they could post it here in the ward... but still if we can talk about movies, sports, work and our problems on the PCF site then we should be able to talk about dating as well, even if a person starts a thread in a desperate plea for affection. Chances are it won't succeed anyway...

Fishzn

Post by Fishzn »

Show me love, Show me love, Show me love...... You know the rest!

Yo envy take it easy, every now and then some threads pop up that are annoying, well i don't think they remain a permanent feature so i reckon if it bothers you ignore it! Simple as that, since everybody has the right to post what they like, all except for stuff thats against cammys rules and i don't think dating threads transgress his rules! So all in all just let it slide!

Peace :wink:
"For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
Law

Post by Law »

Damb i was hopeing i could hook up with that chick in Krono's sig.

She's pretty hot :twisted:

MAY THE CHEESE BE WITH YOU!
{PK} Law
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

Law wrote:
Damb i was hopeing i could hook up with that chick in Krono's sig.

She's pretty hot :twisted:
You leave her alone she is Kronos' current squeeeeze.
Spoiler (show)
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
Kronos
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Kronos »

Yeah that would've been nice.
wizardofid

Post by wizardofid »

wizardofid wrote:
Envinyatar wrote:Are these forums turning into a dating service? :( I sure as hell hope not.

Since this is all my fault.
:lol: :lol:
Yip after many years of suffering the "wizz" is back in the dating game.....Well er..hmh that's the problem....It's been so long I need some pointers..??

So post away your hints and tips...to meet the perfect girl...."please"

Or give me a call on 0861 DROP DEAD.....I've been getting this number quite often from women I meet....must be some universal number...women use..??

This was all done in the name of fun....My post doesn't even say internet dating ... chatting...or whatever.

And I said
So post away your hints and tips...to meet the perfect girl...."please"

So this whole thing( me having a little fun.....) is seen as a crime against PCF..... :lol: :lol: So from now on I'll keep to the usual boring post..

"My HDD is failing help"

"internet xxx passwords" Never seen a thread like that but it would be nice :lol:

If you think that some ....:"fictional" dude from PCF...Yeah thats right I'm calling you fictional...your no more then a few oppinionated words is going to scare me Sh*tless...you must be kidding......... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: 8) 8)

Viva Viva weird post..!!! :lol: :lol: