What are the 3DMark01SE Benchmark Standard Settings?

Post your scores or get advice on how to better them.
Dazzler

What are the 3DMark01SE Benchmark Standard Settings?

Post by Dazzler »

I ran 3DMark01SE last night for the first tiime, and got 12500 3D Marks. I ran it on the standard levels first, and got 10500. I changed texture cvompression to DXT1 and changed from bilinear to trilinear. What are the standard settings for benchmarking, and how the hell can I up my score. I think it's a bit lame for my PC, or is it normal???

2.8 Ghz Prescott (800FSB)
512MB DDR2 (Dual Channel) (PC400)
ATi 9600xt
Gigabyte SIS655FX+964 Mobo
WinXP (SP 1a)
DirectX 9.1b
Omega 4.3 / Catalyst 4.3

And how the hell can I up these sorry looking scores! I need a bit more performance, but can only afford to buy some cooling at the end of the month.

Thanks guys.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
P4 2.8Ghz Prescott
512MB Dual Channel DDR400
128mb 9600xt
120GB SATA
TV,2xSound,IEEE etc...
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
naughty

Post by naughty »

as long as you leave it at 1024 x 768 @ 32bit then you can go wild changing anything you want and call those "tweaks" - you can tweak your bios and operating system settings as well as your video card driver settings and these will still all constitute a valid benchmark

with my system i managed over 20000 points with tweaking and overclocking but i have a far stronger graphics card so i would say that for an untweaked stock speed system you are about correct

tweaking for 3dmark can become an addictive hobby but you would need to spend hours reading stuff since if i gave you a list of tweaks then you would be (probably be able to follow what im saying and be able to do those but you wouldnt have any idea why you did it so i could be making you do something potentially damaging to your system and you wouldnt be aware so it is far better to just do tweaks that you really know about

as a beginning in your video card drivers in the display properties settings tab select the advanced button which will open up a driver properties window - within that window select the 3d tab and that will allow you to select your direct3d settings and opengl settings - tick on the use custom settings box and open the custom settings - here you can set the sliders from balanced to performance and make sure that vertical sync is set to always off and also disable truform (if it isnt already) - do the same for opengl even though it isnt being used (rather safe then sorry - right) and then apply all those changes and set your refresh rate to 60hz - reboot and open the test program - and if you are running winxp then open your task manager and in the processes tab there you will find a 3dmark process open - right click and go to the change priorities option there - make this real time and run the test

those dont run you too much risk of any damage to your machine and after running the tests and getting a result you can always reset the drivers to default settings easilly

things like changing ram timings and agp apertures and enabling fast writes etc you should first research and understand and then do those when you are confident that you know whty they can increase performance - this will save you lots of time effort and tears in the long run

hope this helps you a bit - enjoy your attempts for higher scores - and dont bugger up your pc - enjoy
Dazzler

Post by Dazzler »

Thank you so much. I can't wait to get home and try these out.

I know what I'm doing, but have never ventured into the world of overclocking etc, but want to get into this and get some cooling for my machine. What is the best way to go about this.

Thanks a bunch