Games you would un-buy this year?

Anything to do with PC gaming goes in here.
StarBound
Registered Pervert
Processor: Intel i7 4790k
Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 7
Graphics card: MSI GTX780Ti Gaming
Memory: G.Skill Sniper 1866mhz 16GB

Games you would un-buy this year?

Post by StarBound »

So yeah I overspent on games a lot this year. Some where worth it while others, even though planned, felt like a flat waste of money. If I could return these simply because I feel it lacks the quality I expect these would go without a blink or a heart beat.

1 - Final Fantasy 13-2. The series is unable to hook me again. I feel like I am simply playing a quick time event or a "press X to continue" game.
2 - Diablo 3. I loved the beta, I thought it was great. After completing normal the game changes into its true form which simply isn't worthy of the Diablo series.
3 - WoW Mists of Pandaria. I bought the CE with a bit of left over credit from TakeAlot. I played for about 2 hours and 1 dungeon only to realize I won't be returning to Azeroth until I command its armies again.
4 - Sleeping Dogs. Good reviews and good looking game. However the genre it falls in has games that does the job a good deal better. The combat in the game just killed it for me.
5 - Dishonored. I've complained about the looks but the game does not do stealth that well and does not match up to the feel of Deus Ex.

The year is coming to a close and these games are my main regrets.
My Steam Screenshots

I lived the dream ...then my PC died.
Hman
Processor: Intel i5 650
Motherboard: Asus P7H55-M LX
Graphics card: Gigabyte 7850 2GB OC
Memory: 8GB Kingston DDR3

Re: Games you would un-buy this year?

Post by Hman »

I agree on the most part, except for Dishonored. Where does it not do stealth well? Is there not enough air ducts for you? The game isn't supposed to have anything to do with Deus Ex, why would it need to have the same feel?
"Every thinking man is a drinking man."

Member of the Barberton Tigers
D3PART3D
Starbound's Dear

Post by D3PART3D »

More than one person has complained about the stealth to me, it's supposedly too line-of-sight dependant. I'm also told that while there are many pathways to completing objectives each is as boring as the next. Can this be a "Games I'm glad I didn't pre-order" thread too?
Ceterum autem censeo Samsung Mobile esse delendam.

When something is important enough, you do it even if the odds are not in your favor.
- Elon Musk
KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Post by KALSTER »

People complain about Duke Nukem all the time. No complaints here. Edit: Oh, that came out last year.

Weirdly, after all the bad I heard about Mass Effect 3, I have not gotten around to advancing past the first bit. The idea of all my decisions meaning little to nothing at the end of three games is disappointing to say the least.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Intel i5 2500; AsRock Z77 Extreme 4; Asus GTX580; 4x 2GB DDR3 1333; Intel 520 240GB SSD + 2x WD 3TB + 2TB Samsung; Samsung 22X DVD/RW; 23" LG W2343T-PF; Huntkey 700W
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Post by hamin_aus »

StarBound wrote:Diablo 3
GTFO.

I'd probably un-buy The Lord of the Rings: War in the North
I thought I'd take a break from RTS LoTR games and try my hand at an FPS one.

It wasn't resally a bad game, I just ended up being too blown away by Skyrim to play it.
SykomantiS

Post by SykomantiS »

Diablo 3- R500 I wish I'd rather have spent on booze :?
DarkRanger
Processor: Intel i5-3750
Motherboard: Gigabyte
Graphics card: nVidia GTX 550Ti
Memory: 8GB Jetram

Post by DarkRanger »

Dirt Showdown. How to go from a great rally game to an arcade POS in one installment.
THE_STIG
Spoiled Brat
Processor: Core i7 6800k
Motherboard: Asrock x99 taichi
Graphics card: Zotac 1080ti amp extreme
Memory: 16gb(4x4gb) corsair vengeance

Post by THE_STIG »

Mass effect 3. Has to be the most disappointing game purchase I have made, played about 30mins and could take no more
StarBound
Registered Pervert
Processor: Intel i7 4790k
Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 7
Graphics card: MSI GTX780Ti Gaming
Memory: G.Skill Sniper 1866mhz 16GB

Post by StarBound »

THE_STIG wrote:Mass effect 3. Has to be the most disappointing game purchase I have made, played about 30mins and could take no more
Actually surprised about that. To me the game was fine, I had no problem with my initial ending except there was no mention of my choices throughout the game. But when I heard everyone got the same ending essencially I was not impressed.
My Steam Screenshots

I lived the dream ...then my PC died.