iPhone 5 officially announced

A place for all tech stuff that doesn't really belong anywhere else.
ADT

Re: iPhone 5 officially announced

Post by ADT »

ADT wrote:But i won't even trip, i also expected more from the 5 :x

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the 5 will only have dual core processor? :shock:
But none the less, I'll still be getting a iPhone for myself, either the 4S or 5 , depending when the 5 arrives here, it has been 3 generations later :shock: , so a upgrade is in order
Kanete naki mi koso yasukere yuki no michi
Spoiler (show)
AMD Phenom II 3.47ghz ~ Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H ~ XFX Radeon HD 5770 ~ CM eXtreme Power Plus 600W PSU ~ Samsung P2370H ~ Corsair 4GB DDR3 2000 Mhz ~ Win 7 64 Bit Ultimate ~
ADT

Post by ADT »

Stuart wrote:I lolled hard!

:lol:

saw this one earlier, memes about the 5 are popping up like crazy on teh interwebz :lol:
Spoiler (show)
AMD Phenom II 3.47ghz ~ Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H ~ XFX Radeon HD 5770 ~ CM eXtreme Power Plus 600W PSU ~ Samsung P2370H ~ Corsair 4GB DDR3 2000 Mhz ~ Win 7 64 Bit Ultimate ~
ADT

Post by ADT »

ryanrich wrote:Funny how the Android fanbois and anti-Apple peeps are always in here arguing how much better their phones are. You don't see any non Android users doing the same, because quite frankly, we couldn't care about an inferior platform... :0

oooooooh :P
Spoiler (show)
ryanrich
Forum Moderator

Post by ryanrich »

lol that pic is epic... :lol:
GreyWolf
Processor: PHENOM II 945
Motherboard: Asus M4A78
Graphics card: HIS ICEQ 4850 1GB
Memory: 4GB CORSAIR XMS II 1066

Post by GreyWolf »

ryanrich wrote:Funny how the Android fanbois and anti-Apple peeps are always in here arguing how much better their phones are. You don't see any non Android users doing the same, because quite frankly, we couldn't care about an inferior platform... :0
To be fair, I never said anything about Android in my original posts. I was laying down criticisms of a "new" product.
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist that black flag, and begin slitting throats."
- H. L. Mancken
ryanrich
Forum Moderator

Post by ryanrich »

You guys were talking about swiping and widgets and such things... :lol:
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

ryanrich wrote:You guys were talking about swiping and widgets and such things... :lol:
I think you missed the part where they mentioned that they had changed the subject to using Wordpress on touch screen devices.
Hman
Processor: Intel i5 650
Motherboard: Asus P7H55-M LX
Graphics card: Gigabyte 7850 2GB OC
Memory: 8GB Kingston DDR3

Post by Hman »

Wait a minute!

Q. Who brought Android into the discussion in the first place?

A. Ryan

ryanrich wrote:
Hman wrote:My precious Sony has those
It also runs Android, unlucky. :o
"Every thinking man is a drinking man."

Member of the Barberton Tigers
GreyWolf

Post by GreyWolf »

Hman wrote:Wait a minute!

Q. Who brought Android into the discussion in the first place?

A. Ryan

ryanrich wrote:
Hman wrote:My precious Sony has those
It also runs Android, unlucky. :o
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist that black flag, and begin slitting throats."
- H. L. Mancken
D3PART3D
Starbound's Dear

Post by D3PART3D »

Hman wrote:
Older apps will still work too, though they'll be displayed in a letterbox format until an update is issued.
I'm pretty sure that applies to only one dimension of the display, it was mentioned in the keynote last night. It's not enough to upset app compatibility.

Anyway, I'm not really fussed about who prefers what, I'm just happy that there's some discussion on PCF again. Never owned an Apple device myself, iPhone 5 will be my first. :troll:

And it was ADT who wanted to install Crysis on his 'droid!
Ceterum autem censeo Samsung Mobile esse delendam.

When something is important enough, you do it even if the odds are not in your favor.
- Elon Musk
ADT

Post by ADT »

D3PART3D wrote:
And it was ADT who wanted to install Crysis on his 'droid!

dafU__Q :shock:

Die you must :twisted:
Spoiler (show)
Monty
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i5-4690K @ 4.5GHZ
Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VII Formula
Graphics card: ASUS GTX970 Strix
Memory: 4 x 4GB Corsair Dominators

Post by Monty »

Art Williams wrote:I'm not telling you it is going to be easy, I'm telling you it's going to be worth it.
KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Post by KALSTER »

:lol:
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Intel i5 2500; AsRock Z77 Extreme 4; Asus GTX580; 4x 2GB DDR3 1333; Intel 520 240GB SSD + 2x WD 3TB + 2TB Samsung; Samsung 22X DVD/RW; 23" LG W2343T-PF; Huntkey 700W
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

GreyWolf wrote:In 2 sentences here you said absolutely nothing relative to my criticism of a non-standard connector. You can't tell me Lightning takes up less space than the mini USB used by everyone else.
engadget wrote:We do love products that only exist to circumvent the finer points of legislation (hello there, Aston Martin Cygnet), but even better are the ones that actually serve a purpose. To comply with the European Commission's insistence that all smartphones must have a microUSB connector, Apple is putting out a Euro-specific adapter for its new Lightning standard. It's turned up in the UK and French stores so far, setting you back £15 / €19 ($25) -- and we imagine it won't be long before some entrepreneurial soul starts buying them in bulk to sell to microUSB users Stateside.
And then I missed this part somewhere . . .
engadget wrote:While Apple was busy announcing the iPhone 5, it left out mention of whether the device would use the recently approved (and Apple-designed) nano-SIM standard. Sure enough, the leaks were right once more -- Apple is relying on that even tinier subscriber module for GSM, HSPA and LTE networks. The company also makes clear that there's no going back, so you'll have to chuck your earlier micro-SIM card if you've got one. Such is the price of progress.
GreyWolf

Post by GreyWolf »

lemme just leave this here as a closing argument for the kind of people that by i-products... I shall say no more...
- H. L. Mancken
ADT

Post by ADT »

GreyWolf wrote:I shall say no more...

I hope so :P
Spoiler (show)
Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Post by Anakha56 »

My take on it...

Its a decent upgrade. I, like the majority, did expect more from Apple but they probably researched the US population to death and found that people just wanted a longer screen, thinner profile and a few software increases. They have delivered a solid phone, not a ground breaking one just a solid one. Now if the Android makers (besides HTC) could just get around to making sexy shells for their phones...

Despite what I said in the Samsung vs Apple thread I am seriously considering getting a iPad. The Android variants just dont stack up in terms of hardware and software.
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
ryanrich
Forum Moderator

Post by ryanrich »

Found this quite comical. At least us Apple users can also laugh at how people perceive us... ;)

KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Post by KALSTER »

Americans are stupid. Who knew.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Intel i5 2500; AsRock Z77 Extreme 4; Asus GTX580; 4x 2GB DDR3 1333; Intel 520 240GB SSD + 2x WD 3TB + 2TB Samsung; Samsung 22X DVD/RW; 23" LG W2343T-PF; Huntkey 700W
ryanrich
Forum Moderator

Post by ryanrich »

KALSTER wrote:Americans are stupid. Who knew.
Monty
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i5-4690K @ 4.5GHZ
Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VII Formula
Graphics card: ASUS GTX970 Strix
Memory: 4 x 4GB Corsair Dominators

Post by Monty »

In a country where 55% of the population is overweight? Yeah, Americans definitely are not fat.

Olympians are not a good reflection of the average population.

You could say the SA government was brilliant and not corrupt by cherry picking and then only focussing on the 10 officials who are not corrupt....
Art Williams wrote:I'm not telling you it is going to be easy, I'm telling you it's going to be worth it.
ryanrich
Forum Moderator

Post by ryanrich »

Monty wrote:In a country where 55% of the population is overweight? Yeah, Americans definitely are not fat.

Olympians are not a good reflection of the average population.

You could say the SA government was brilliant and not corrupt by cherry picking and then only focussing on the 10 officials who are not corrupt....
Something like 61% or more of SA is categorised as obese so we're in no position to point fingers.

Anyway, back on topic. Performance looks great.

The iPhone 5 vs iPhone 4S vs iPhone 4 Geekbench

Purported iPhone 5 benchmark score doubles fastest iDevices, outperforms Android's best
StarBound
Registered Pervert
Processor: Intel i7 4790k
Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 7
Graphics card: MSI GTX780Ti Gaming
Memory: G.Skill Sniper 1866mhz 16GB

Post by StarBound »

I got something in my i...
My Steam Screenshots

I lived the dream ...then my PC died.
GreyWolf

Post by GreyWolf »

I lied, I'm back.

Of the iPhone users here, how many are thinking of getting the new iPhone in the next month?
- H. L. Mancken