Command & Conquer: Generals 2 - F2P?

Anything to do with PC gaming goes in here.
rustypup

Command & Conquer: Generals 2 - F2P?

Post by rustypup »

C&C/free wrote:As we talked with more strategy fans, we found major interest in a free-to-play game, as long as it maintained authenticity to the franchise and exceeded expectations for a modern AAA RTS. So we decided to take Generals 2 in an exciting new direction as EA.s first HD, free online game . Command & Conquer. The Generals 2 universe is the first of many free offerings that we will deliver with Command & Conquer

some arbitrary source wrote:“We are thrilled about this opportunity to transform Command and Conquer into a premier online experience,” said Jon Van Caneghem, VP and general manager at EA. “For nearly two decades, this franchise has existed as something you buy; now we are creating a destination where our fans will be able to access the entire Command and Conquer universe, starting with Generals and continuing with Red Alert, Tiberium, and beyond.

“With Frostbite 2, we are able to keep an emphasis on the AAA quality our consumers expect while staying true to the RTS gameplay they know and love – all available online for free.”
EA wants all your delicious micro-transaction coinage... the wiki reads like typical EA shenanigans...

Beta applications open
Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so - Bertrand Russel
Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Re: Command & Conquer: Generals 2 - F2P?

Post by Anakha56 »

Avoiding with a passion...

It's sad that gaming is going this way... :(
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
StarBound
Registered Pervert
Processor: Intel i7 4790k
Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 7
Graphics card: MSI GTX780Ti Gaming
Memory: G.Skill Sniper 1866mhz 16GB

Re: Command & Conquer: Generals 2 - F2P?

Post by StarBound »

You should have seen the GT comment section on this. EA has worked hard to earn the wrath and hatred of gamers. I don't know who in their marketing things that there is no news like bad news.
“With Frostbite 2, we are able to keep an emphasis on the AAA quality our consumers expect while staying true to the RTS gameplay they know and love – all available online for free.”
That there. Anyone know how to cast a blood oath?

*edit*
...AAA quality our consumers expect...
NVM that is a quick save since no one really expects anything good from EA... dammit.
My Steam Screenshots

I lived the dream ...then my PC died.