Darn *$&# PC artifacts and Crashes when Alt-Tab

Any hardware related topics go here.
MorneDJ

Darn *$&# PC artifacts and Crashes when Alt-Tab

Post by MorneDJ »

My PC has been giving artifacts all over the screens when I Alt-tab between programmes. It may work great for a few hours, then give trouble, or it may give trouble directly after a restart (after a crash). It always happens after I Alt-tabbed between programmes.

I normally have between 5 and 20 programmes open at one time, so Alt-tabbing is the fastest way to switch between programmes. Reformatting is not a preferred option, as I have numerous software requiring licence files/codes and the idea of reinstallation of all my software gives me heartburn.

I updated my software where possible, drivers etc. Anyone seen this before and have any idea what I can do (apart from formatting)
I'm a right-wing, democratic, conservative environmentalist that thinks the spotted owl tastes like chicken...
THE_STIG
Spoiled Brat
Processor: Core i7 6800k
Motherboard: Asrock x99 taichi
Graphics card: Zotac 1080ti amp extreme
Memory: 16gb(4x4gb) corsair vengeance

Re: Darn *$&# PC artifacts and Crashes when Alt-Tab

Post by THE_STIG »

Could be that your graphics cars is overheating. But I have only ever seen this happen during a BSOD, anyway try getting more airflow over you graphics card and check the temps of your system when this occurs
StarBound
Registered Pervert
Processor: Intel i7 4790k
Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 7
Graphics card: MSI GTX780Ti Gaming
Memory: G.Skill Sniper 1866mhz 16GB

Post by StarBound »

I'd go with faulty gfx card memory. Run a few memory tests for system ran since system ram causes more issues than people would ever imagine. Then maybe go back to where you bought the card from and have them test it.
My Steam Screenshots

I lived the dream ...then my PC died.
MorneDJ

Post by MorneDJ »

Running same GFX Memory software now. Will post feedback
I'm a right-wing, democratic, conservative environmentalist that thinks the spotted owl tastes like chicken...