Help with PC

Want advice on building your rig or just want to show off?
Cerbone

Help with PC

Post by Cerbone »

I'm running an i5 2500K, ASUS GTX 560ti, a not so good intel bearup lake mobo (was planning to upgrade), about 6 fans and two 2 terabyte HDs all off a Huntkey 550w PSU. It is housed in a mid Cooler Master Elite 430 case. I recently got my hands on a asrock fatality. So I got two questions. 1. Do I need to upgrade my PSU in order to run the new mobo? 2. Is my case too small, by small I mean will the mobo overheat due to lack of airflow?
StarBound
Registered Pervert
Processor: Intel i7 4790k
Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 7
Graphics card: MSI GTX780Ti Gaming
Memory: G.Skill Sniper 1866mhz 16GB

Re: Help with PC

Post by StarBound »

If you didn't have problems before you shouldn't have problem now. To check your cpu temprature you should get something like Hardware Monitor from the cpu-z site. MSI afterburner will tell you your temp on your graphics card.

Is the ASRock fatality board a socket 1155 or 2011? Because if its the 2011 your cpu isn't compatible with it.
My Steam Screenshots

I lived the dream ...then my PC died.
Cerbone

Post by Cerbone »

It's a 1155 and my CPU usually has an idle Temp of 22 with a max load temp of around 50 or so, temp readings from core temp. Graphics card has an idle temp of 28-35 depending and around 60's under load. So every thing should be good??
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

Ja, you don't need to upgrade your PSU just because you got a new motherboard.

Edit: Unless you change from like a P3 motherboard to 155. :P
Cerbone

Post by Cerbone »

Ok decided that I needed to upgrade my power supply due to it blowing a capacitor, got it replaced as it was still on warranty, turns out that the huntkey green power is rated at 450 and max 550w . So bought a coolermaster 650w 80plus bronze certified thought it would be better for upgrading purposes