Cooler help!

Any hardware related topics go here.
Smurf6

Cooler help!

Post by Smurf6 »

Hi guys :) wonder if anyone can assist im in the market for a new cooler cause the stock cooler of intel sucks :mrgreen:
Cpu is the i5 750 @ stock dont plan on overclocking soon :P
mobo is a ASUS p7p55-m

now I looked at the coolermaster 212 evo but dont know if it will fit on my board does anyone ever used this board with this cooler? cause the alternative for this board is the cm hyper tx3 (little bro) but want to buy something in the case that im going to oc :D the case is a normal generic box and think height my be a issue but if the cooler is to tall ill cut the side panel a bit :lol:

thanx in advance

Smurf
StarBound
Registered Pervert
Processor: Intel i7 4790k
Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 7
Graphics card: MSI GTX780Ti Gaming
Memory: G.Skill Sniper 1866mhz 16GB

Re: Cooler help!

Post by StarBound »

The cooler isnt the problem, the case is. Replace that generic white crap with a coolermaster case.
My Steam Screenshots

I lived the dream ...then my PC died.
Smurf6

Post by Smurf6 »

StarBound wrote:The cooler isnt the problem, the case is. Replace that generic white crap with a coolermaster case.

thats the aim :D but I need to save now for a decent case :) looking at the elite 430
Slinky Wizzard

Post by Slinky Wizzard »

I have a Cooler Master CM690, Asus P7P55 mobo, with i7 [860]
From day one this thing ran hot, and after an hour or so of research, trying to decide to go liquid or not, I worked out that it would cost me almost a grand extra to drop another 2 degrees C, or go with the CM V8.
Hammer as i may, I have not seen that chip hit 50 yet, avg temp being between 33 and 39 across all cores. It's a bit of a pain to install, as you will have to strip your machine to get your mother board out, good chance to give it a good dusting out. This size and placement does make changing RAM a bit tricky, and that's the only downside as far as I am concerned.
Money well spent :)

Smurf6

Post by Smurf6 »

nice case :D

i got my coolermaster 212 evo boy oh boy :lol:

nicest investment ever running at stock clocks cpu dont go over 54c in bf3 :D so im satisfied