Internet Usage in Offices

Anything to do with online stuff goes here.
Kennyisalive

Internet Usage in Offices

Post by Kennyisalive »

Hi Guys.

we have a 75GB cap in our office..(don't ask why) I have 25 Users in the Office and we always reach our Cap around the 25th of each month.

Do you guys thing 75GB is enough or to little. or do you think I have a Bandwidth ***** on my network..

I pulled a detail report earlier this month but nothing seemed out of place.. no 2P2 traffic (ports Blocked) I am waiting on a new report now to see where the bandwidth went.

O. And we don't have a Firewall onsite.. our head office had the Idea of have one big network over SA and every one falls under one firewall controlled by them... If you ask me this Idea sucks. it been lie this since Sept last year and nothing happed.. they can give me the reports I want ect.

One more thing.. We don't have any restriction on internet usage(except 2P2).

Thanks in advance
Don't Click me
Forum Points:10018000
KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Re: Intrenet Usage in Offices

Post by KALSTER »

Do you have stats for each computer?

We have a 5GB cap in my office, with two computers on. I do a lot of surfing throughout the day, with email etc and we rarely go over 3GB. I don't know what kind of data requirements for connection to your company servers or whatever is used, but from personal experience it should be enough.

Do you guys block social networking sites?
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Intel i5 2500; AsRock Z77 Extreme 4; Asus GTX580; 4x 2GB DDR3 1333; Intel 520 240GB SSD + 2x WD 3TB + 2TB Samsung; Samsung 22X DVD/RW; 23" LG W2343T-PF; Huntkey 700W
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Re: Internet Usage in Offices

Post by hamin_aus »

Ask for 100GB
StarPhoenix
B.Soc.Sci, M.SocSci [UPCF]
Processor: Core i5 3470
Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z77
Graphics card: nVidia GeForce GTX 1060
Memory: 8Gb DDR3 1600

Re: Internet Usage in Offices

Post by StarPhoenix »

Is there anything to prevent your users from downloading large files from other sources?

What about video/audio streaming sites?

Are you using a proxy server to manage bandwidth usage?
"Humankind cannot bear very much reality." T.S. Elliot