24" PC Screen

Any hardware related topics go here.
MorneDJ

24" PC Screen

Post by MorneDJ »

I am looking for a 24" PC screen, but not the wide crap. I would prefer a 24" and not larger, as I have found that the 27" screens are just too big and actually cumbersome at the distance I sit from the PC. Also, with 3 of those screens on a table there is little space left for anything else.

Regards

Morne
I'm a right-wing, democratic, conservative environmentalist that thinks the spotted owl tastes like chicken...
StarBound
Registered Pervert
Processor: Intel i7 4790k
Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 7
Graphics card: MSI GTX780Ti Gaming
Memory: G.Skill Sniper 1866mhz 16GB

Re: 24" PC Screen

Post by StarBound »

Sorry to disappoint you but CRT screens are dead. Wide screens in lcd, led, oled and plasma is all you will get these days. I think you can still get block screens of about 19" or 20" in lcd form.

My recommendation however is accept the new standard and get a 23" screen. And go LED for better colour quality.
My Steam Screenshots

I lived the dream ...then my PC died.
GreyWolf
Processor: PHENOM II 945
Motherboard: Asus M4A78
Graphics card: HIS ICEQ 4850 1GB
Memory: 4GB CORSAIR XMS II 1066

Post by GreyWolf »

StarBound wrote:Sorry to disappoint you but CRT screens are dead. Wide screens in lcd, led, oled and plasma is all you will get these days. I think you can still get block screens of about 19" or 20" in lcd form.

My recommendation however is accept the new standard and get a 23" screen. And go LED for better colour quality.
This. I actually don't remember the last time I saw a CRT for sale.
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist that black flag, and begin slitting throats."
- H. L. Mancken
MorneDJ

Post by MorneDJ »

Sorry, I meant LCD. The last CRT I bought was 7 years ago.

I have three screens on my PC, a T240 (4:3 aspects ratio) and 2x SA350 (14:9 aspect or wide). The "normal 24" is just better in business applications, as it shows more of a spreadsheet, in CAD work, etc. So I would prefer to get 2x "normal" screens to replace the wide crap.

And they have really become really rare, so I hope some-one will see this and have a few extra hidden in the cabinet/cupboard/closet/under the bed etc

Regards
I'm a right-wing, democratic, conservative environmentalist that thinks the spotted owl tastes like chicken...
StarBound
Registered Pervert
Processor: Intel i7 4790k
Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 7
Graphics card: MSI GTX780Ti Gaming
Memory: G.Skill Sniper 1866mhz 16GB

Post by StarBound »

Actually the T240 is a samsung 24" 16:10 widescreen. I had the T260 for my PS3 for a while because I didn't feel like paying for a TV license. The A350 are 16:9 widescreens.

There is only 1 16:10 screen that I know of that still is being made but it is a ASUS 3D Gaming screen with 120hz and its in the region of R7k.
My Steam Screenshots

I lived the dream ...then my PC died.
DevillEars

Post by DevillEars »

StarBound wrote: There is only 1 16:10 screen that I know of that still is being made but it is a ASUS 3D Gaming screen with 120hz and its in the region of R7k.
Dell also make a 24" 16:10 screen - their UltraSharp U2412M at ~R3,900.

It is also an IPS (In-Plane Switching) panel and is probably targeted at those users of photo editing applications. The panel can be rotated into portrait orientation.

Its response time is 5-6ms so might not suit someone into gaming.

I hope that helps...

Dave