Entire new Rig Upgrade.. advice and comments please :D

Want advice on building your rig or just want to show off?
Molean

Re: Entire new Rig Upgrade.. advice and comments please :D

Post by Molean »

ADT wrote:
PhR34KKK wrote:So I finally placed the order.. and this is what I am getting.

Chassis : Antec performance One P193 V3 ( R1720)
Mobo : ASUS P8Z68-V LE ( R1400)
PSU : GIGABYTE® ODIN GT 800W Modular Power Supply (R1500)
CPU : Intel 2500K (R1720)
Cooler : Coolermaster Hyper 212+ (R340)
GPU : Sapphire 6950 2Gb ( R2690) - I will be flashing the bios and making it a 6970 ;)
RAM : Kingston 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 (R555)
Optical : Samsung Optical DVD RW ( 165 )
HDD : SEAGATE Barracuda 1000GB SATA3 6Gb/s 7200RPM, 32MB Cache (R1650)
Total (excl VAT ) R10760
Total ( Incl VAT ) R12 243

Budget took a nose dive over christmas, so no SSD :(

Now I just wanna go pick up the stuff and build it :D
Nice :)

:thumbright:
Agreed!

Have fun building it!

Tech is so powerful today, that PC will easy last you 4 years if not longer...with minute upgrading along the way...
i7 2600K|Zalman CNPS9900Max Red|8GB Corsair Vengance|Asus Maximus Gene-Z|MSI GTX660Ti PE OC|
|OCZ Agility 3 120GB SSD|SG: 1.5TB+2TB+3TB|Samsung 2494HS|CM 850W Pro Silent PSU|CM690II
DevillEars

Post by DevillEars »

KALSTER wrote:
opting for a P67 mobo rather than a Z68 - unless you plan on using the LucidLogix Virtu capability.
Don't forget about the hybrid feature where he can get much better performance out of his HDD if he adds an SSD at some point.
SmartCaching is fine if you have a small capacity SSD (60GB or less) - but once you get into the 120GB or larger bracket, using the SSD as a system drive buys you far more. These days, a 120GB SATA 6G SSD is beginning to approach affordability, so SmartCaching is a solution that addresses a problem that won't be around that long.

Note: On an LGA1156 platform, those mobos that offer "bolt-on" SATA 6G ports (usually via a Marvell controller) don't come near the theoretical capability of the SATA 6G architecture. The number of electrical lanes allocated to the controller is inadequate and throttles down I/O bandwidth to ~160MB/sec when using a fast SSD. If you're aiming at a fast 6G SSD, then go for LGA1155 and connect the SSD via the Intel PCH-driven 6G ports for the best performance. (120GB is more than adequate as a system drive provided you move your "My Documents" folder-set to an HDD - you'll only use 40GB to 50GB with plenty of space for swapfiles and any Outlook .pst files).
StarBound
Registered Pervert
Processor: Intel i7 4790k
Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 7
Graphics card: MSI GTX780Ti Gaming
Memory: G.Skill Sniper 1866mhz 16GB

Post by StarBound »

Even the X79 boards only comes with intel 2x SATA6 and 4x USB3. The rest are extras from which ever controller. But considering there are 40 lanes open on that board for extra usage.

DE you might want to turn off page file and all those stuff that eats at your ssd if you havent already.
My Steam Screenshots

I lived the dream ...then my PC died.
PhR34KKK

Post by PhR34KKK »

SO what a Freaking head ache this has become.
No one seems to have stock !! FFS.. :evil:

I had to settle for a Gigabyte 720W Power Supply ( Not Modular)
I also got the GTX 560 ti ( ASUS ) as no one in this freaking country seems to have a single ATI6950 in stock. Also not willing to wait a couple of weeks for new stock.
Also had to settle for a Gigabyte Mobo (*facepalm*) The GA Z68XP-UD3 :(
The chassis also seems to absorbed maybe a bit too much of your budget.
Well there are many reasons for getting this one. The "SILENT" part is what I like as well as the USB3 ports on the front. Plus it is one of the things that will last the longest. So I wanted the best for my money.

The courier company claims it will be delivered today. Will see. They have never been able to deliver on time.
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

Dude.... seriously.... if you went through all that effort to spec it properly for heaven's sake don't compromise. Wait till they have stock and get what you actually want. Cuz 2 months down the line you are going to kick yourself.
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
Spoiler (show)
Intel Core i7-2600k @ 3.4GHz
Corsair Vengence 2x4GB DDR3 2000MHz
Thermaltake Toughpower 850W
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
PhR34KKK

Post by PhR34KKK »

RuadRauFlessa wrote:Dude.... seriously.... if you went through all that effort to spec it properly for heaven's sake don't compromise. Wait till they have stock and get what you actually want. Cuz 2 months down the line you are going to kick yourself.

I fully agree.. however there is one BIG issue that forced my hand. My PC is busted. ( GPU and MOBO). SO I do not have one. My Battlefield addiction is just too much now. IT has been almost a month now. I am pretty sure the kicking of my own buttocks will commence very soon. :roll:

What I did decide however is to settle on the GPU, wait a couple of months and get myself a ATI 7970 as soon as they stop requiring a donation of a kidney and a arm for the thing ( damn they are expensive ).
Slimshaedy

Post by Slimshaedy »

+1 RRF! I wouls never have compromised mr rig for anything else, I waited a very long time to get what I have now. Every component in my PC was handpicked, for its speed and colour and the visual effect it would give. not everyone is as picky as me, but hey...
[i7 2600K @ 4.6 ghz 1.35V] [Asus P8P67 Deluxe] [G-Skill RipjawsX 2x2GB DDR3 1600 CL6 (6-8-6-24) 1.5V]
[Sapphire Radeon 6870 @ 975/1200 1.2V] [Coolermaster V6 GT] [WD Caviar Black 640GB SATA3 6Gbps]
[Samsung SA350 23" LED] [NZXT Phantom White] [Corsair TX750W V2] [Zalman RS6F-USB 5.1 Surround Sound Headphones] My rig and benchmarks
Slimshaedy

Post by Slimshaedy »

+1 RRF! I wouls never have compromised mr rig for anything else, I waited a very long time to get what I have now. Every component in my PC was handpicked, for its speed and colour and the visual effect it would give. not everyone is as picky as me, but hey...
[i7 2600K @ 4.6 ghz 1.35V] [Asus P8P67 Deluxe] [G-Skill RipjawsX 2x2GB DDR3 1600 CL6 (6-8-6-24) 1.5V]
[Sapphire Radeon 6870 @ 975/1200 1.2V] [Coolermaster V6 GT] [WD Caviar Black 640GB SATA3 6Gbps]
[Samsung SA350 23" LED] [NZXT Phantom White] [Corsair TX750W V2] [Zalman RS6F-USB 5.1 Surround Sound Headphones] My rig and benchmarks
PhR34KKK

Post by PhR34KKK »

Slimshaedy wrote:+1 RRF! I wouls never have compromised mr rig for anything else, I waited a very long time to get what I have now. Every component in my PC was handpicked, for its speed and colour and the visual effect it would give. not everyone is as picky as me, but hey...
Now how long will you be able to sit with NO PC at all ?

for me not so long..
StarBound
Registered Pervert

Post by StarBound »

If my PC dies I die. I can go without a pc for 2 days though. After that its bad.
My Steam Screenshots

RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

I have a laptop so I don't sit with the same situation. And at the time of writing that I missed the point of him not having any form of a workable PC.
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
Spoiler (show)
Intel Core i7-2600k @ 3.4GHz
Corsair Vengence 2x4GB DDR3 2000MHz
Thermaltake Toughpower 850W
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
THE_STIG
Spoiled Brat
Processor: Core i7 6800k
Motherboard: Asrock x99 taichi
Graphics card: Zotac 1080ti amp extreme
Memory: 16gb(4x4gb) corsair vengeance

Post by THE_STIG »

StarBound wrote:If my PC dies I die. I can go without a pc for 2 days though. After that its bad.
I am just as bad, if it dies I will stop at nothing to get it going again
ADT

Post by ADT »

THE_STIG wrote:
I am just as bad, if it dies I will stop at nothing to get it going again
+1
Kanete naki mi koso yasukere yuki no michi
Spoiler (show)
AMD Phenom II 3.47ghz ~ Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H ~ XFX Radeon HD 5770 ~ CM eXtreme Power Plus 600W PSU ~ Samsung P2370H ~ Corsair 4GB DDR3 2000 Mhz ~ Win 7 64 Bit Ultimate ~
D3PART3D
Starbound's Dear

Post by D3PART3D »

RuadRauFlessa wrote:I have a laptop so I don't sit with the same situation. And at the time of writing that I missed the point of him not having any form of a workable PC.
+1
Ceterum autem censeo Samsung Mobile esse delendam.

When something is important enough, you do it even if the odds are not in your favor.
- Elon Musk
D3PART3D
Starbound's Dear

Post by D3PART3D »

StarBound wrote:If my PC dies I die. I can go without a pc for 2 days though. After that its bad.
+1
Ceterum autem censeo Samsung Mobile esse delendam.

When something is important enough, you do it even if the odds are not in your favor.
- Elon Musk
StarBound
Registered Pervert

Post by StarBound »

I have a PC, PS3, Xbox 360, Wii and some other hand helds. But if one dies for whatever reason it upsets the hell out of me. Same with power being off. As long as its avalible I dont care. Take it away even when I don't intend using it and I go out of my mind.
My Steam Screenshots

PhR34KKK

Post by PhR34KKK »

LOL.. true true..

I must say though, the only real " compromise" that Iwas forced to make was with the graphics card. I am not a nVidia fan. But that thing is only there in my PC for 6 month at the most then I am gonna get myself the 7970 for sure.

I got the Chassis and the Power supply and CPU yesterday. Power supply fits lekker in the Chassis and OMG !! Do I love the Chassis. it is AWESOME .. Sleek, sturdy build.. and as far as I can hear quiet ( hehe, )
ADT

Post by ADT »

StarBound wrote:I have a PC, PS3, Xbox 360, Wii and some other hand helds. But if one dies for whatever reason it upsets the hell out of me. Same with power being off. As long as its avalible I dont care. Take it away even when I don't intend using it and I go out of my mind.

I guess, best of both worlds is a understatement when it comes to you :lol:
Spoiler (show)
AMD Phenom II 3.47ghz ~ Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H ~ XFX Radeon HD 5770 ~ CM eXtreme Power Plus 600W PSU ~ Samsung P2370H ~ Corsair 4GB DDR3 2000 Mhz ~ Win 7 64 Bit Ultimate ~
StarBound
Registered Pervert

Post by StarBound »

Hehe

Having them all only shows how wastefully it is to own them all. If you have a PC your covered most of the time. PS3/Xbox you dont need the other and Wii is the most unique one with its own games. But coming down to it I spend more time on my PC even if you subtract the WoW years.
My Steam Screenshots

ADT

Post by ADT »

StarBound wrote:Hehe

Having them all only shows how wastefully it is to own them all. If you have a PC your covered most of the time. PS3/Xbox you dont need the other and Wii is the most unique one with its own games. But coming down to it I spend more time on my PC even if you subtract the WoW years.

And the console winner is ........ ??
Spoiler (show)
StarBound
Registered Pervert

Post by StarBound »

Wii. Play it 2nd on my console list but the experience is that which I can't get from other consoles. Games are unique in the sense that you don't get the same titles on the hd systems. PC>PS3>Wii>Xbox.
My Steam Screenshots