3G Broken

A place for all tech stuff that doesn't really belong anywhere else.
Smurf6

3G Broken

Post by Smurf6 »

Hi guys so finally after a long form telkom for my heita 3g card i get it, pop it in my usb........... and bummer wont work what so ever :( it installed all the drivers and the mobile partner but as soon as i want to connect on the internet it hangs at authnetication then a error 26 pop's up :/ amyway have the same problem? if not its a huawei E180 and i cant seem to find drivers for windows 7 64bit can anyone maybe help out a blue smurf :)
rustypup

Re: 3G Broken

Post by rustypup »

<gouges eyes out...> the grammar... it burns!

1) is this a laptop? - could be the USB port is intentionally underpowered
2) M$ finally adopted the *nix approach and allowed the OS user to initiate the connection without the need for bloatware...

click the networking icon and if the unit installed correctly you should see it there in a locked status.

simply select unlock and enter the pin. i'm unsure as to APN but internet is the default. try leaving the username & password fields blank. if successful you should be able to connect. if not, you will need to discover what the telskum defaults are....
Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so - Bertrand Russel
Jonboy

Post by Jonboy »

Agree with Rusty.

My Cell C datastick won't connect via the dashboard in Win 7 64bit, but works just fine if I connect through the networking icon.
[Intel Core i3 2100 {Sandybridge}]
[Asus P8P67 Pro LE Socket 155 Mobo]
[HIS AMD Radeon 6850 1GB Gfx]
[4Gb Mushkin Silverline DDR3 1333 RAM]
[500Gb Seagate SATAII 6G HDD]
[Coolermaster Elite 430 Chasis]
[Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit]
[LG W2234S 22" Display]
Smurf6

Post by Smurf6 »

hi guys sorry for my great english, can see i cant multitask :P it is a laptop DELL cant remember the model number has one of the new i3 chips :) telkom aint very helpful haha they suck hence im asking my fellow pc mates ;) but ill check tonight quick when im home hope it works
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

Good grammar requires multitasking?

Who knew?
Smurf6

Post by Smurf6 »

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Stuart wrote:Good grammar requires multitasking?

Who knew?
:P i think it was mooi "toe" lol trying to type the sentence out of my forgetting to add some words... really sorry guys
doo_much

Post by doo_much »

So linguistics apart...

How goes the 3G?
MOOD - Thirsty

A surprising amount of modern pseudoscience is coming out of the environmental sector. Perhaps it should not be so surprising given that environmentalism is political rather than scientific.
Timothy Casey
Smurf6

Post by Smurf6 »

have not tried it yet :( forgot the laptop's charger at work . . . and now when i want to try it the 3g card is home :/ talk about being clumsy but tonight ill try it quick sure like rusty said that is the problem :) oh and the error was 628 not 26 though mistake on my side
Smurf6

Post by Smurf6 »

so i have tried what rusty said and it still seems to be same error. do anyone know where i can find drivers for the e180 for win7 64bit
PureFire

Post by PureFire »

the drivers install automatically????
rustypup

Post by rustypup »

was the unit reflecting under networking?

are you plugging in to the coloured USB port, (generally luminous green/yellow/orange).

perhaps prevent the power manager from powering down the USB system for the duration of the test... an underpowered modem will not function.

you could also try scrubbing the installed drivers and start again... the huawei drivers are notoriously finicky...
Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so - Bertrand Russel
Smurf6

Post by Smurf6 »

@ purefire no i just cancelled that and ran the mobile partner which install the program and the driver independtly

@ rusty it worked fine on windows xp, but under the nerwork connections nothing showed and i cant seem wonder why though, it has a default dail up it creates but not a network connection itself