3D hurts your eyes!

A place for all tech stuff that doesn't really belong anywhere else.
JollyJamma

Re: 3D hurts your eyes!

Post by JollyJamma »

Lets face it. 3D is not where it needs to be.
I no longer think of myself as Atheist however I reject religion as a concept where you must do x because someone says so. May contain nuts.
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

Jolly that is like saying "shoes are not where they need to be"
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
Spoiler (show)
Intel Core i7-2600k @ 3.4GHz
Corsair Vengence 2x4GB DDR3 2000MHz
Thermaltake Toughpower 850W
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
JollyJamma

Post by JollyJamma »

Well no, 3D is sort of just starting out (I'm not counting the Blue and Red 3D of the 80s because it's not the same tech) and it needs to be improved a lot.

It's not bad but it's not 100% fine.
I no longer think of myself as Atheist however I reject religion as a concept where you must do x because someone says so. May contain nuts.
naughty

Post by naughty »

and for the guys wanting 3D where you need to wear glasses - dont worry about it - its due to be totally obsolete sooner rather than later - to add to the news about the panasonic PC monitors i mentioned above - i met up with a bigwig from Toshiba who told me that they (Toshiba) were going to be releasing some form of 40" TV that does 3D with no glasses around November in Japan and hopefully that will spread and probably around next year this time could be available near you - right now its the glasses that causes all the flickering and eyestrain but if you dont need the glasses then hopefully all that will stop

i give it till CES (beginning of next year) by when almost everyone and their dog is probably going to be announcing that type of stuff - so dont bother with the big goggles - soon you wont be needing them ;)
The single best thing to happen to TVs lately is the 600hz refresh rate. Now that does make a huge difference and is worth the cost.
if you like the 600HZ - the guy was also telling me about the 800hz TV's they are releasing in two months time as well
Asus Z68-V Pro/Gen3, i5-3570k, 16GB Kingston Hyperx DDR3-1600, Gigabyte Radeon HD6970 OC graphics card, Corsair H100 liquid cpu cooling, Lite-on Blu-ray burner, Western Digital Raptor X HDD, Gigabyte Sumo 5115 modded case, Samsung P2770 monitor
StarBound
Registered Pervert
Processor: Intel i7 4790k
Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 7
Graphics card: MSI GTX780Ti Gaming
Memory: G.Skill Sniper 1866mhz 16GB

Post by StarBound »

The 600hz is a lie. What it does is smooth the image to "look" like its refreshing 600hz but instead it still is only 60hz. If you have a true 120hz input screen you can see the difference clear as day. A movie shot at 24/29/30fps will still run at that speed with the higher refresh rate. The "600hz" will just smooth out the picture and that is something you absolutely do not want when your watching a movie. For games that doesn't hit 60fps its a semi blessing but if your frame rate drops to below 15fps then your game drops to the same slow pace.

Even if glassless 3D is on the way its gonna take 2 years to become avalible here and another 1-2 years before its affordable.
My Steam Screenshots

I lived the dream ...then my PC died.