The threat that is Julius Malema

A place to talk about more serious topics such as politics, society and current events.
Forum rules
Please read the discussion section rules before posting in here. By posting in this section, you acknowledge to have read and understood them, and agree to abide by them at all times.

Of course, the global forum rules apply here too.

NOTE: posts in this section are not counted towards your total.
Sojourn

The threat that is Julius Malema

Post by Sojourn »

Can somebody please explain it to me.
Why are people like him in positions of power?

All I see is Zimbabwe when I listen or read about him and what he says.
It scares the crap out of me. It does.

And nobody is doing anything.
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Re: The threat that is Julius Malema

Post by hamin_aus »

You bloody agent. Don't come here with those white tendencies!
You are a small boy.

Also, I did something :P
jee

Post by jee »

moved
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
ryanrich
Forum Moderator

Post by ryanrich »

Mark my words. In about 10 years time or so Julias Malema will become president of this country. Good thing he has such well thought out, non racial policies to look forward to... :o
Bladerunner
Processor: i386DX Sooper
Motherboard: A blue one
Graphics card: A red one
Memory: Hard drive

Post by Bladerunner »

He really is the world's most successful troll. :lol:
If I weren't insane: I couldn't be so brilliant! - The Joker
Prime

Post by Prime »

he is an attention *****. Can't see why anyone even bothers to give him media coverage.
rustypup

Post by rustypup »

Prime wrote:Can't see why anyone even bothers to give him media coverage.
have you met our media? :lol:

his utterances are pure gold. every single one is like watching your future president stand up and shout "I MADE POOPY PANTS!" in response to every situation...

not sure if this is better or worse than having him dress up in animal skins and shake his blubber like it's 1759....
Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so - Bertrand Russel
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Post by hamin_aus »

jee wrote:moved
Yes, that's exactly what I did :P
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

Oooo, can I move it to the For Sale section now?
Sojourn

Post by Sojourn »

Try apply a modicum of seriousness here.

Initial post was posted after I read the latest media attention he got, western cape university, where he again reiterated land grabs without compensation, grabbing of mines, those two being the topmost worrying matters they are pushing for.

I don't want to move to a foreign country. I don't.
If you are in or close to my demographic circle and this do not worry you, you need to wipe the sand from your eyes and start pay attention.
CapNemo

Post by CapNemo »

No the more worrying thing is that people who are actually at university think it is a good idea and don't through rotten food at him for even suggesting such stupidity
"I hear voices in my head but they are my own this time"
"Except for a battle lost, there is nothing so terrible as a battle won."
"Sanity is for the weak!!"
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

First of all they can't simply seize mines. The mines are owned by foreign companies and any such action will result in international intervention. Secondly the country does not have the capital to buy those mines out from the other companies. We will be repaying that debt for the next 100 years.
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
Spoiler (show)
Intel Core i7-2600k @ 3.4GHz
Corsair Vengence 2x4GB DDR3 2000MHz
Thermaltake Toughpower 850W
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

CapNemo wrote:No the more worrying thing is that people who are actually at university think it is a good idea and don't through rotten food at him for even suggesting such stupidity
More to the point I think the root problem is that we have people considered as leaders in the country that still classifies a 30 year old fart like Malemmer as a youth.... how pitiful. Guess it comes down to the issue of accountability
Spoiler (show)
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
JollyJamma

Post by JollyJamma »

RuadRauFlessa wrote:First of all they can't simply seize mines. The mines are owned by foreign companies and any such action will result in international intervention. Secondly the country does not have the capital to buy those mines out from the other companies. We will be repaying that debt for the next 100 years.
I agree however I think we need to look at Africa and see that legal procedures are often ignored (Not to say that they aren't in other parts of the world) and we could have our hands full.

I think we are often too quick to list South Africa as 'the next Zim' and people have been saying things for ages about land grabs and whites being kicked out of the country or bullied and it hasn't happened. We were terrified that Zuma would become the next Prez and the country would turn to trash but we're doing ok and nothing major has happened.

Yes we shouldn't ignore his cries of land grabs without payment for the land but he says a lot of things and seems to just piss off everyone including the ANC without actually getting anything done.

That said he did say he wouldn't gun for Zumas position and now he's almost targeting Zuma directly.

I wonder if that wouldn't end up with some odd occurrences in his no doubt future trials.
I no longer think of myself as Atheist however I reject religion as a concept where you must do x because someone says so. May contain nuts.
KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Post by KALSTER »

He is a radical waiting to happen. I think he would do anything rather than have the "whites" "regain power". He has zero respect for anyone and is one of the foremost racists in this country. The range of idiotic nonsense, inane rhetoric, outlandish claims and public exhibitions of a desire to remain ignorant (there is no Sepedi word for hermaphrodite, so no such thing exists, etc).

And he has enough support among the youth to be re-elected as ANCYL president. <-That is NOT a good sign. He has a way with riling up a crowd that is probably the main reason he has his job. I think he might be too stupid to come up with a lot of what he says, which suggests a person or a group pulling his strings, which is even more disturbing.

No, I agree with Sojourn, this guy is a major threat to the future stability of this country and even to a lesser degree the rest of sub-Saharan Africa. Something has to be done. But what? Leave?
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Intel i5 2500; AsRock Z77 Extreme 4; Asus GTX580; 4x 2GB DDR3 1333; Intel 520 240GB SSD + 2x WD 3TB + 2TB Samsung; Samsung 22X DVD/RW; 23" LG W2343T-PF; Huntkey 700W
ryanrich
Forum Moderator

Post by ryanrich »

KALSTER wrote:Leave?
Ideally not, but realistically, hmmm... I don't want to raise children in SA with a racist nut like this becoming more and more powerful while the actual leaders of the country say and do absolutely nothing about it, which also leads me to believe there is a bigger force behind Malema and his agenda. For only myself sure, it may be worth the risk and trying to make a difference in SA, but with such instability and such an unsure future I don't know if it's worth the risk. And people have been "trying to make a difference" for years now, but it's like p#ssing into a hurricane...
Khoza: Please don't leave SA
2011-06-15 10:52

Johannesburg - Irvin Khoza has made a passionate plea to South Africans who want to leave the country in search of greener pastures to instead stay put, reports the Sowetan.

The chairperson of the 2010 World Cup Local Organising Committee (LOC) said the country has been experiencing an exodus of skilled people like doctors and social workers, who have found jobs in other countries.

Khoza was speaking in Durban on Monday night where he and LOC CEO Danny Jordaan received Public Relations Institute of South Africa (Prisa) gold medals for their role in organising the soccer tournament.

Jordaan and Khoza became the third (joint) black African recipients of the prestigious gold Prisa award after former president Nelson Mandela and Anglican Archbishop Emeritus Desmond Tutu.

"This country is the most discounted country in the world, yet most beautiful. To South Africans, please don't leave this country ... don't abandon it for prosperity because you will be harshly judged," Khoza said. "This is a paradise, it's like heaven."

Khoza said the good work during the hosting of last year's World Cup had resulted in many people and companies that were involved being approached to do more work by the organisers of Brazil 2014.

He said skilled personnel, including project managers and events organisers, were being recruited to ensure that the next World Cup in Brazil was delivered on time.
If this is heaven, I sure don't wanna see hell... :lol:
Sojourn

Post by Sojourn »

The surest way to gauge how independent and democratic a country is, is to have a look at the top echelons of the legal system. In the US for instance, the top of the top gets prosecuted and they loose their positions almost immediately when irregularities are exposed.

Over here, you get "redeployed" - and if you do get into the legal process, you get discharged on fake medical reasons as thanks for taking a fall for the president of the country.
GreyWolf
Processor: PHENOM II 945
Motherboard: Asus M4A78
Graphics card: HIS ICEQ 4850 1GB
Memory: 4GB CORSAIR XMS II 1066

Post by GreyWolf »

Sojourn wrote:In the US for instance, the top of the top gets prosecuted and they loose their positions almost immediately when irregularities are exposed.
You mean like Enron management?
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist that black flag, and begin slitting throats."
- H. L. Mancken
Sojourn

Post by Sojourn »

GreyWolf wrote:
Sojourn wrote:In the US for instance, the top of the top gets prosecuted and they loose their positions almost immediately when irregularities are exposed.
You mean like Enron management?
Oh yea... Enron was part of the US government and had dealings with US government directly. I forgot. Thank you for your relevant input.

I am talking about high government officials that is immune and above our laws.
Hman
Processor: Intel i5 650
Motherboard: Asus P7H55-M LX
Graphics card: Gigabyte 7850 2GB OC
Memory: 8GB Kingston DDR3

Post by Hman »

Bill Clinton probably wishes he was our president, here the president can go ahead and have affairs without any repercussions.
"Every thinking man is a drinking man."

Member of the Barberton Tigers
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

Wahahaha just to add some spice.... have a look at this little gem that just popped up on news24. Not related directly to Malemmer but still points to how true our wonderful government holds to the constitution.

http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/ ... 20110615-3
Spoiler (show)
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
jee

Post by jee »

Malama is the voice of the ANC. They use him to say all the things they cannot say. Remove him and another like him will pop up.
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
ryanrich
Forum Moderator

Post by ryanrich »

Apartheid taught whites to be racist - Malema
Johannesburg - White children grow up with the idea that black people cannot do anything sophisticated, ANC Youth League president Julius Malema said on Thursday.

Tabling his political report at the Youth League conference in Midrand he said the first interaction a white child had with a black person was when the black person was a domestic worker or a gardener, who were referred to as "the girl or "the boy."

"The second interaction is when a white child meets a black person at a street corner begging," he said.

He said the former apartheid regime had managed to inculcate the racist ideology within the white community.

"Those who have benefited from apartheid cry foul when we call for affirmative action, they think we are denying them jobs," he said.

Uninformed analysis

Malema also used the opportunity to dismiss suggestions that the league's "outbursts" had driven away white votes from the ANC.

"This is an uninformed analysis," he said.

He explained that the youth league was playing the role it used to play when the league was led by Nelson Mandela.

"The nation talks about economy because the Youth League talks about it," he said.

He questioned why the majority of black people owned little land while the majority of land was in the hands of the white minority.

The 1948 founding documents of the ANCYL had declared that the land should be redistributed to the majority.

"The land question must be resolved, if needs be the hard way," he said , quoting ANC leader O R Tambo.

He said the ANC had tried for the past 17 years to reform the land issue through the willing seller/willing buyer approach - which had failed.

"The only option is to take the land without compensation, if you refuse to give us an alternative," he said to the applause of the delegates.

Malema in the report also highlighted that economic opportunities should be made for the youth, but not compromising the quality of the end product.

"Economic freedom means we must be educated, free education must be a reality. It should not be in the budget speech year in and year out," he said.

Losing group

Taking a swipe at the SA Communist Party without mentioning a name, he said the organisation of Moses Kotane had turned out to be a losing group within the ANC.

"It is preoccupied with who became a mayor, councillor or a secretary."

He said the recent local government elections had exposed the ANC's internal monitoring system.

"An ANC-led municipality in the Free State built toilets without enclosures and the ANC was not aware of such incidents," he said, highlighting this as an example.

Young people should brace themselves to take up positions within the ANC.

"The time is right for young people to occupy leadership positions within the ANC."

Malema concluded the report by singing the controversial song Dubula ibhunu, whose lyrics have been translated as "shoot the boer".
CapNemo

Post by CapNemo »

Oh yeah and the land that has been redistributed became such productive farms. :roll:

Isn't there a defenition about doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different out come everytime?
Zim proved how well that kind of land reform worked
"I hear voices in my head but they are my own this time"
"Except for a battle lost, there is nothing so terrible as a battle won."
"Sanity is for the weak!!"
Koko_Lion

Post by Koko_Lion »

Have an exit plan ready!