advice for tv/monitor

Any hardware related topics go here.
Mclaren

advice for tv/monitor

Post by Mclaren »

okay, so i am redoing my daughters room. in an effort to save on space i need to make her monitor also her tv.

I want something at least 24". is there a dual use monitor avail, or should i go the route of a tv card in the pc.

If a tv card is what i must do, please recommend one that would work on win 7, and be able to record dstv.
Sojourn

Re: advice for tv/monitor

Post by Sojourn »

I wont go TV card.
Just get a decent LED/LCD flat panel TV - most of those nowadays accept HDMI/DVI cables - Ive even seen some new models still having RGB ports.
StarBound
Registered Pervert
Processor: Intel i7 4790k
Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 7
Graphics card: MSI GTX780Ti Gaming
Memory: G.Skill Sniper 1866mhz 16GB

Post by StarBound »

You get 32" LED HDTVs for R4000 now days. I'd recommend you go that rout since you will need the proper cabling to let her watch dstv. As for the recording you will need either duel view pvr or hd pvr and just give her a 2nd remote to change her channels.

I personally do not like running my pc thru my TV. I have problems with my scaling for 1080p and if you sit away from the screen the text becomes blurry. At 720p though it works fine
My Steam Screenshots

I lived the dream ...then my PC died.
The_Jelly

Post by The_Jelly »

Ya for sure going 32 inch's are getting cheaper and cheaper! And I have the same scaling issue at 1080p... Whay is that? 720p works fine, and if I use a vga to vga cable from my pc to my tv it also works fine. What causes the scaling issue?

I used to have a tv card I wouldn't recommend it either....
i7 950 @ 4ghz 1.3v| Zalman CNPS 10x extreme Cooler | Asus Rampage III extreme | 6gb corsair dominator 1600 (7-8-7-20) | Asus gtx 560 Ti Direct Cu II SLI| Corsair Tx 750W | Coolermaster Cm690II Advanced | 640Gb WD Black Sata 3 6gb/s |