A thread for KK: Organizing your desktop.

A place for all tech stuff that doesn't really belong anywhere else.
DAE_JA_VOO

Re: A thread for KK: Organizing your desktop.

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

RuadRauFlessa wrote:
DAE_JA_VOO wrote:
Stuart wrote:
DAE_JA_VOO wrote: Looky:
Gah, another taskbar-on-the-right-side nut! You people are insane. Probably clinically.
Like I said, I'm an efficiency nut. Having the taskbar along the bottom uses up valuable pixels that could better be used by my browser. There's no point in having a bar I never use take up pixels in the program I'm using at any given time.
Ever heard of a function called Auto Hide :?:
Ever had autohide enabled and had the bar pop up when you didn't want it to?
That guy that used to mod cases. Now I take photos. True story.
RuadRauFlessa

Post by RuadRauFlessa »

Not really Dae... I have however seen bars that are not set to autohide cause havoc with media players when they are resized to full screen.
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
Spoiler (show)
Intel Core i7-2600k @ 3.4GHz
Corsair Vengence 2x4GB DDR3 2000MHz
Thermaltake Toughpower 850W
ASUS nVidia GTX560 1GB
CoolerMaster HAF 932
Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Post by Anakha56 »

Something for DJV ;):

http://lifehacker.com/5806828/dropit-ke ... es-for-you
DropIt Sorts All Your Desktop Clutter with Just a Drag and a Drop

Whitson Gordon —Windows only: With all the files you work with every day, it can take a lot of time keeping yourself organized. Drag and drop some files onto DropIt's icon and it will sort them away based on the rules you give it.

DropIt is similar to our very own Adam Pash's Belvedere, but without the automation. Instead, it hovers a small icon over your desktop (or puts an item in the Windows context menu, your choice), and will move, extract, copy, open with, or delete files you drag onto it using rules you specify. For example, you can set it to move all images to your My Pictures folder, or extract all Zip files onto your Desktop. You can specify rules by filename, too, telling it to shuffle off files with "project1" in the name to your "Project1" folder. If a file matches multiple rules, it will ask you which one you want to follow when you drag it to DropIts icon. It isn't quite as powerful as some similar utilities like Belvedere, but it stays out of your way until you want it to act, and does its job pretty darn well.

DropIt is a free download for Windows only, and comes in both installable and portable flavors.
*edit*

And this one although probably not for DJV :P

http://lifehacker.com/5807064/quick-acc ... ws-desktop
Quick Access Bar Adds an Organizational Bar to Your Windows Desktop

Adam Dachis —Quick Access Bar is a handy (and free) utility for Windows that provides you with a collapsable second taskbar containing commonly used folders of your choice. If you've got a desktop filled with folders, it provides a handy way to stay organized while still maintaining easy access to your stuff.

Setting up Quick Access Bar is pretty straightforward. When it starts up you're presented with a taskbar up top that contains your local drives. To the left you'll have a "Q" icon which you can click to add various options plus any folders of your choice. You can also turn on auto-hiding so the bar doesn't take up any added screen real estate. It's really handy if you need some extra space for folder shortcuts but prefer to keep it off your desktop.
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
DAE_JA_VOO

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

Hahahaha. There;s no clutter to organise on this desktop :P
That guy that used to mod cases. Now I take photos. True story.
GDI_Lord
Forum Administrator

Post by GDI_Lord »

Years ago I used to have huge issues with more icons on my desktop than could fit on the screen. And the thing was, I ***NEEEEDDDDEEEEDDDD**** all those icons for quick and easy access. One day I made the decision to not have any icons on my desktop at all, and I haven't looked back since.

Getting rid of desktop clutter has helped me quite a bit.
Important Thread: Yours in Christ's service,