Modern Warfare 3

Anything to do with PC gaming goes in here.
ryanrich
Forum Moderator

Re: Modern Warfare 3

Post by ryanrich »

GreyWolf
Processor: PHENOM II 945
Motherboard: Asus M4A78
Graphics card: HIS ICEQ 4850 1GB
Memory: 4GB CORSAIR XMS II 1066

Post by GreyWolf »

So Activision thinks that it missed an opportunity with Starcraft 2 and now wants to make up for it...

F U Activision... just F U.
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist that black flag, and begin slitting throats."
- H. L. Mancken
DJT
I Bribed Ron With Foundry And All I Got Was This Lousy Title

Post by DJT »

At least you will still be able to play it without having to have the subscription
I have never played single player in any of the CODs. I currently play BlOps and MW1 online. Personally I prefer BlOp but seeing as you can't play that at a LAN I still get a lot of COD4. I only got them for the multiplayer aspect of both
Want to support my creative work? Drop me a like and subscribe below. It will be greatly appreciated!
Clarke Media - YouTube Channel
Clarke Media - Facebook
StarBound
Registered Pervert
Processor: Intel i7 4790k
Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 7
Graphics card: MSI GTX780Ti Gaming
Memory: G.Skill Sniper 1866mhz 16GB

Post by StarBound »

What about MW3 doesnt look good to you? What do you want from MW3?

I think if anything I had enough of the Red Alert 2 take on things. Let America go in and start shooting the crap out of everything. Let's play the spetznaz and fight to protect russia from american occupation. Let's play the SAS and fend off the US marines as they invade london. Let's play the germans as the USAF bombs germany.

THATS WHAT I WANT!
My Steam Screenshots

I lived the dream ...then my PC died.
Puento

Post by Puento »

CPU: Intel Core i5 @ 2.66Ghz
MOBO: MSI P55-GD56
GPU: ATI Club3D HD5770 1G
SCREEN: Samsung SA350 24"
Puento

Post by Puento »

Have a look here - http://m.tomshardware.com/news/Call-Dut ... 12822.html

If you buy the game, you can play for free! If you want to be a part of cod elite, its free... But if you still want more, you pay a monthly fee and you get free DLC....
Cod elite sounds friken awesomme!!! :D
StarBound
Registered Pervert

Post by StarBound »

Expected from free multiplayer part:
- Access to leveling system (1-max).
- Access to all unlockable weapons.
- Access to weapon customizations.
- Access to weapon camo changes.

Elite paid:
- Free on character DLC modifications.
- Extra weapon skins.
- Extra prestige leveling system
- Extra weapon camo, lens colouring, IR colouring
- Extra in balanced perks
- Extra kill streak rewards (obtainable by care package with non sub).
- Customizable paint jobs on choppers and tanks
- Movie clip uploads
My Steam Screenshots

Puento

Post by Puento »

so it's an reality...... to enjoy call of duty we will have to pay MORE..... same as battlefield Heroes!
StarBound
Registered Pervert

Post by StarBound »

If the core part remains untouched...if I get the cod4 experience without paying then its good enough.

If they start locking away your high end weapons, stop you from customizing your gear, restrict your perks, only then is it time to stop playing CoD.
My Steam Screenshots

senile

Post by senile »

Puento wrote:
If you buy the game, you can play for free!
:?:
StarBound
Registered Pervert

Post by StarBound »

Maybe they left out the part that said the single player part only?
My Steam Screenshots

Puento

Post by Puento »

you can play multiplayer for free, Elite is optional....
Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Post by Anakha56 »

And you still dont get dedicated servers. Instead you have the garbage that came with MW2. I am skipping this one. This COD Elite garbage is just another way to line up Bobby's pockets...
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

All you people who will be paying for your l33t stuff from Acti for MW3 rejoice! EA is going to be giving it away for free for Battlefield 3, those poor saps... :roll:

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2011 ... Content%29
Battlefield 3 takes shot at MW3 with free social portal
By Ben Kuchera | Published about an hour ago

EA is getting ready to unload details on both the single- and multiplayer portions of Battlefield 3, and it isn't above taking a few potshots at its competitor, Modern Warfare 3.

A post from the game's official blog touted the ability of the Frostbite 2 engine to provide both large-scale battles and close combat. "Gamers will experience a physical battlefield and be able to temporarily disable vehicles, go prone, mount weapons, lay down suppressive fire and more. Under the hood, the brand-new engine ensures cutting-edge visuals and immersion," Karl Magnus Troedsson, the general manager of DICE, wrote.

There will also be a new online portal that will offer much of what Elite will be offering, with an important difference. "Battlelog also lets you manage your friends lists, squad up, create platoons, use voice chat and follow your friends’ progress in real-time, and more," Troedsson explained. "Battlelog will be available for the monthly fee of (drum roll)... zero dollars."

What won't we see at E3? Team deathmatch and the co-op campaign, for starters, but you can't have everything all at once. We have our appointment locked in to play the game, and I'll be able to report directly on whether this is the best game ever, or the bestest game ever.
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

http://www.fudzilla.com/games/item/2301 ... ed-servers
Infinity Ward back pedaling on dedicated servers
Written by David Stellmack

Having discussions about the possibility for MW3
Despite previously insisting that dedicated servers were not the direction that Infinity Ward was going with upcoming release of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, we are hearing that Infinity Ward is doing some serious back pedaling; and at least having discussions about dedicated servers for the PC community, and what it might look like if they were going to do it.

Infinity Ward admits that they are putting a lot more focus on the PC version of MW3 than they have in a long time. While they say it is an effort to build a better experience for PC gamers, we suspect that it also has a lot to do with the upcoming release of Battlefield 3 which was developed for the PC as its primary platform.

While Infinity Ward has not committed to dedicated server support for MW3, we hear whispers from the community that things are heading that direction, and at least it is closer than it was several months ago.
StarBound
Registered Pervert

Post by StarBound »

As in my E3 post, the game looks outdated and looks the same as 5 years ago. Battlefield atleast looks like they are trying a different angle from the previous games.

As for dedicated servers the question is is it too little too late or are people going to flock back to the CoD franchise. Obviously you missed out on MW2 and MW3 could finally make up for it. BUT we had black ops already. And though I am against paid dlc (paid for mods) the map packs for black ops were top notch. They were the best maps of the multiplayer experience.

I was excited for the single player portion of MW3 but after the 15 minute video I feel like there is no point. The trailer peaked my interest.

Everyone including myself is expecting a lot from BF3, maybe enough to cripple the game under the hype.
My Steam Screenshots

Puento

Post by Puento »

Dedicated severs and LAN support confirmed ! Google it....
StarBound
Registered Pervert

Post by StarBound »

No DRM for From Dust also confirmed and it was released with it.
My Steam Screenshots

Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

StarBound wrote:No DRM for From Dust also confirmed and it was released with it.
And anyone remember what they did with Modern Fail 2? You will get dedicated servers then you will not be getting dedicated servers... :roll:

I dont feel like buying either of these games (MW3 & BF3) to be honest... :(
StarBound
Registered Pervert

Post by StarBound »

Anakha56 wrote:And anyone remember what they did with Modern Fail 2? You will get dedicated servers then you will not be getting dedicated servers... :roll:
If you really want to get technical they never said you will be getting dedicated servers. It was an unwritten law and expectation that any game after quake has dedicated servers to improve the experience for everyone. Activision removed the everyone, replaced it with host, and called "rank" over a level playing field fair.

As for not buying either I want to play both. The problem is I am at the stage were I am prepared to get the "free" version where neither Activision nor EA controls my playing the games or installs extra stuff onto my pc.
My Steam Screenshots

Dustman1

Post by Dustman1 »

So glad that they brought back dedicated servers. I loved to LAN COD4.

Already pre-ordered from Kalahari, paid R. 350 (not bad huh). Discounted when pre-ordering, and had a R. 50 voucher.

Can't wait for it to be delivered, just hoping with the lead developers having left; that the game is still as great as it used to be :D
Puento

Post by Puento »

sorry to say, ALL dedicated severs are unranked (online, LAN whatever)... the old P2P severs are ranked !
Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

*sigh*

Was not buying this anyway but this just kills it completely...
http://www.destructoid.com/modern-warfa ... 4298.phtml
Modern Warfare 3 dedicated servers unranked only

Infinity Ward won itself some kudos after revealing that dedicated servers would be returning for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 but it seems that the praise may have been pre-emptive. In the name of "control," Infinity Ward is restricting dedicated server support to unranked matches only.

"It's the same on consoles," said Robert Bowling, as if that would make PC fans happy. "They can't rank up in private or custom games. Public is about progression, private is about control."

If you want to have any sort of progress in MW3's multiplayer, it appears that you will have to go public with your games, rather than use the dedicated servers so kindly provided. After Modern Warfare 2's alleged P2P problems, a number of PC gamers are already disliking this new development greatly.

It wouldn't be a major console release without something to piss off the computer gamers, right?
Console port for sure...
StarBound
Registered Pervert

Post by StarBound »

So basicly I wont be leveling up? Or are they actually saying I won't have to worry about being paired against some south american players that makes me have 2 second delay?

Whats Black Ops currently?
My Steam Screenshots

Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

http://www.anandtech.com/show/5051/call ... ayed-on-pc
Call of Duty Elite Delayed on PC
by Craig Getting on 11/4/2011 1:09:00 PM
Posted in Gaming , Activision , Call of Duty

Activision’s grand plan to create a Call of Duty social network, Call of Duty Elite, just ended its beta and will be up and running for consoles when Modern Warfare 3 releases next week. It will not, however, be ready for the PC.

Call of Duty Elite’s main appeal for fans of the franchise is the premium membership, which offers competitions, training videos, and $60 worth of DLC (in addition to all the free stat-tracking and social features) for $49.99. Beachhead has said that, while Activision will be selling map packs for the PC, they won’t be offering the premium Elite membership on PC anytime soon. And they are still working on the free version.

“The issue here is that the PC is an insecure platform,” Beachhead Studio’s Chacko Sonny told Activision blogger Dan Amrich. “Without a central, trusted resource for stats, a lot of our competition features become unfair. We can’t give away prizes when people can easily cheat their stats. Leaderboards are less fun when a lot of the users are there unfairly.”

Activision and the three studios behind Modern Warfare 3 (Beachhead included) haven’t shunned the PC audience entirely: dedicated servers will be supported at launch. But Call of Duty is a console franchise now, and Elite is a service designed to make money off that audience. Elite will come to the PC eventually, but they likely won’t rush it unless they’re sure they can monetize it.
Two things:

1: Not surprised about the delay and the responses given.

2: In bold is the reason why I am dropping this game and anything bearing its name...