Crash and Burn

Any hardware related topics go here.
Sweetbubbahoot

Crash and Burn

Post by Sweetbubbahoot »

A few days ago i was messing around in my bios and i upped my clocks and did something with my FSB:DRAM ratio and now my pc doesn't boot. It shows lights and blows be away with its fans but it doesn't recognize the peripherals or outputs to my screen. I have a Q8300+4gigs of ram and a G41M-E43 mobo. please help me.
Ron2K
Forum Technical Administrator

Re: Crash and Burn

Post by Ron2K »

Hi there, welcome to the forum!

Tried resetting the BIOS yet?
Kia kaha, Kia māia, Kia manawanui.
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

Ron2K wrote:Tried resetting the BIOS yet?
+1
did something with my FSB:DRAM ratio
And for the sake of all that is good and holy, please don't mess around in your bios again after that.
KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Post by KALSTER »

Stuart wrote:
Ron2K wrote:Tried resetting the BIOS yet?
+1
+1
did something with my FSB:DRAM ratio
And for the sake of all that is good and holy, please don't mess around in your bios again after that.
Unless Swiss Cheese is to you an example of something that is holy. :) You have to learn somehow, but be prepared to reset your BIOS on a regular basis. It's best to read a few tutorials on how to OC your model motherboard.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Intel i5 2500; AsRock Z77 Extreme 4; Asus GTX580; 4x 2GB DDR3 1333; Intel 520 240GB SSD + 2x WD 3TB + 2TB Samsung; Samsung 22X DVD/RW; 23" LG W2343T-PF; Huntkey 700W
THE_STIG
Spoiled Brat
Processor: Core i7 6800k
Motherboard: Asrock x99 taichi
Graphics card: Zotac 1080ti amp extreme
Memory: 16gb(4x4gb) corsair vengeance

Post by THE_STIG »

Sweetbubbahoot wrote:A few days ago i was messing around in my bios and i upped my clocks and did something with my FSB:DRAM ratio and now my pc doesn't boot. It shows lights and blows be away with its fans but it doesn't recognize the peripherals or outputs to my screen. I have a Q8300+4gigs of ram and a G41M-E43 mobo. please help me.
Ok first things first have you rested your bios yet(by disconnecting the power and and moving the clear CMOS jumper to the appropriate position, or just removing the CMOS battery for about 15 seconds), did you by any chance change the voltage settings if so then you have probably fried something and there is no hope for you. In future RTFM and do not fix what aint broke :wink:
Sweetbubbahoot

Post by Sweetbubbahoot »

Thanks a lot guys. I resetted the bios, found out my ram was fried and replaced it. After that everything worked very smoothly. Turns out at the moment it went black, the mobo tried to push 2.15 volts of current through the ppor ram sticks.
Ron2K
Forum Technical Administrator

Post by Ron2K »

Eish! Well, glad you got it sorted - and look back on this as a learning experience. ;)
Kia kaha, Kia māia, Kia manawanui.
THE_STIG
Spoiled Brat

Post by THE_STIG »

Err current is not the same as voltage, Voltage does not flow current does and is measured in amps(A) :? but I am just plying I am happy that all is well now. Next time you OC please do a bit of research :wink:
Sojourn

Post by Sojourn »

this thread: deja vu for me, about 9 years ago I tried my hand at overclocking K2 (?) AMD from inside the bios. It died. Fast and horrible, still smell the ozone electrical burns when I think about it.
THE_STIG
Spoiled Brat

Post by THE_STIG »

Would that be an AMD K6-2, I have 2 of them one is running at 560Mhz(Default is 400Mhz) but it does give a BSOD now and then