Graphics Cards Diagnostic Software

Any software related topics go in here.
Siemens
Location: somewhere over the rainbow where katie melua is running from me.

Post by Siemens »

Does anyone know if there is software available that can check if my graphics card is faulty? I've used this( http://www.technibble.com/repair-tool-o ... ress-test/) and it seems that my memory in the card itself is bad. However I do not really know how reliable it is.

I'm having several issues. 1) I'm getting a BSOD stating the there was a secondary processor clock interupt. The secondary processor I assume is the GPU.
2) Often if there is a dark image on the screen the image will show a green dot. THis is not a dead pixel because if I move the picture around the green dot moves with the picture. This seems to be happening more often.

I'm planning on eventually getting a new graphics card however I'd like to know for sure if there is any reliable software that I can use to see if the card is okay.
"Friends are a lot like potatoes. If you eat them they die." - Stuart
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

This may be stating the obvious but the best way to tell for sure would be to try your card in another machine. Schlep, I know, but it'll work.
KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Re: Graphics Cards Diagnostic Software

Post by KALSTER »

My card is now suddenly overheating after whatever happened that resulted in the PSU being replaced. :? Can't play Crysis 2!

I will check the app out you mentioned in the OP, as well as Rivatuner as you suggested.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Intel i5 2500; AsRock Z77 Extreme 4; Asus GTX580; 4x 2GB DDR3 1333; Intel 520 240GB SSD + 2x WD 3TB + 2TB Samsung; Samsung 22X DVD/RW; 23" LG W2343T-PF; Huntkey 700W