CPU vcore

Any hardware related topics go here.
_Terry_

CPU vcore

Post by _Terry_ »

Hey guys
I am trying to keep my temps as low as possible
So do you thing its fine to run my Phenom 1055t at 1.25v (Everything else at stock settings)
It was set at 1.42 or something similar.
I ran Prime 95 for 2 hours and everything seems fine.
max temp dropped from 45 to 41
StarBound
Registered Pervert
Processor: Intel i7 4790k
Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 7
Graphics card: MSI GTX780Ti Gaming
Memory: G.Skill Sniper 1866mhz 16GB

Re: CPU vcore

Post by StarBound »

Getting a better fan or case with better ventilation would be the better idea. How does it effect your games? And really most cpus runs at 40-50C at full load. If you see your cpu hitting 75C then start worrying, if you see it hitting 85C start panicing and if it hits 95C get your wallet ready to fork out some cash because that is die point for most hardware these days.
My Steam Screenshots

I lived the dream ...then my PC died.
Slimshaedy

Post by Slimshaedy »

Wow bro you have nothing to worry about! Your pc isn't gonna run any faster if you get it any cooler so there's no point really
[i7 2600K @ 4.6 ghz 1.35V] [Asus P8P67 Deluxe] [G-Skill RipjawsX 2x2GB DDR3 1600 CL6 (6-8-6-24) 1.5V]
[Sapphire Radeon 6870 @ 975/1200 1.2V] [Coolermaster V6 GT] [WD Caviar Black 640GB SATA3 6Gbps]
[Samsung SA350 23" LED] [NZXT Phantom White] [Corsair TX750W V2] [Zalman RS6F-USB 5.1 Surround Sound Headphones] My rig and benchmarks
-Prometheus-
Resident Drama Llama

Post by -Prometheus- »

........................................................................................................................................................................................................
........................................................................................................................................................................................................
Last edited by -Prometheus- on 04 Apr 2011, 04:31, edited 1 time in total.
BBLounge - Broadband and Technology forum
Please like our facebook page
ADV4NCED

Post by ADV4NCED »

Find out the specs for your CPU, find the spec'd Vcore it's meant to run at, then simply drop that value with small increments until you find instability :) Once that point reaches, run a voltage that was stable..

Although like the others said, sounds like a lot of wasted time stress testing for something which doesn't really warrant any gain..
I am 63% addicted to Counterstrike. What about you?
IcePick88

Post by IcePick88 »

I would not worry about those temps.

Mine idles at 37-38 and when playing it goes to 50.
Max temps of 45 is actually good.

Check the link:

Max temps for your CPU is 62. So you still good.
http://products.amd.com/pages/desktopcp ... eSupport=1
CPU: AMD Phenom II X2 555 (OC'ed to 3.8Ghz)
CPU Cooler: CM Hyper TX3 P/P
GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD5850
Motherboard: Asus M4A785T-M
Memory: 4GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1333
Case: Zalman Z7
Display: Samsung Syncmaster 2243BWX
_Terry_

Post by _Terry_ »

Thanks for all the info.
The reason I'm trying to keep temps low is to keep my CPU fan from sounding
like a jet engine. A hyper 212+ is on its way so hopefully that should keep things quiet.
Just wanted to make sure I wont damage the CPU by running it at a low voltage.
Thanks again for the help.