Sony PS3 shipments seized by customs officials - Update

Any news articles that the G3AR team posts will go in here.
Drakonis
G3AR Online Content Editor

Sony PS3 shipments seized by customs officials - Update

Post by Drakonis »

No games for the UK?
Sony is seeing shipments of PS3 consoles on their way into Europe being seized as the result of a court order, according to reports. Korean company LG has won a preliminary injunction against Sony; effectively barring the company from importing any new PS3 units into the UK and Europe for at least ten days.
UPDATE: Sony may be able to continue shipping PS3 consoles into Europe by exploiting a loophole in LG’s injunction. The injunction only covers imports brought in through the Netherlands, where Sony is currently transporting hardware. If Sony were to alter their point of entry from Rotterdam and Amsterdam to another European country, imports into Europe can continue.
LG will however be able to bring applications for injunctions wherever Sony chooses to shift their point of entry, should the PS3 manufacturer elect to pursue this loophole.
"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."
My opinion, not the mag's
StarBound
Registered Pervert
Processor: Intel i7 4790k
Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 7
Graphics card: MSI GTX780Ti Gaming
Memory: G.Skill Sniper 1866mhz 16GB

Re: Sony PS3 shipments seized by customs officials

Post by StarBound »

How smart a move is that on LGs part? And as for Sony blocking the cellphones? I guess this means Samsung HDTVs and Xbox 360s for all! Screw Sony and LG!

Clearly the world is not turning as it should.
My Steam Screenshots

I lived the dream ...then my PC died.