Running a PC game without CD

Any software related topics go in here.
finkstyle

Running a PC game without CD

Post by finkstyle »

:? i would like to know how to run my fifa 2010 without using a CD, because im afraid of my disc scratching.. Any recommended programs (software) u suggest?

Oh and also run my Bee Gees Dvd without a DvD?

Thank you
Ron2K
Forum Technical Administrator

Re: Running a PC game without CD

Post by Ron2K »

I notice that one of us locked the thread and forgot to provide the explanation, so here it is: doing so is usually against the EULA that you agreed to on installing the game.

(For the record, the "disc scratching" reason is why I prefer going for Steam these days.)
Kia kaha, Kia māia, Kia manawanui.
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

Ron2K wrote:I notice that one of us locked the thread and forgot to provide the explanation, so here it is: doing so is usually against the EULA that you agreed to on installing the game.

(For the record, the "disc scratching" reason is why I prefer going for Steam these days.)
I think someone may have locked it because the guy listens to the BeeGees.
lancelot

Post by lancelot »

Yep, you are correct, I locked it, reckoned an explanation was a waste of my valuable energy.
Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Post by Anakha56 »

So I just want to provide a alternative if you are worried about disc scratching and its a software I paid and used at one point but because of Steam its no longer on my system.

http://www.slysoft.com/en/gamejackal.html
Game Jackal Pro is the ultimate "must have" killer app for the PC gamer! If you, like most gamers, find it annoying looking for and inserting the CD-ROM for your favorite game each time you play it, then Game Jackal Pro is for you.

Keeping your gaming investment safe: One major concern gamers have is the CD's life span. The CD-ROM for a popular game may be inserted and removed many hundreds of times, this of course leads to the inevitable "Unable to read" error and ultimately a trip to the trash.
Not sure on its legality but there is an alternative, just might not work with all games. ;)
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.