New PSU

Want advice on building your rig or just want to show off?
JollyJamma

New PSU

Post by JollyJamma »

Hi all
I am looking at a new PSU of about 750 watts and a budget of about R1200 or so.

Thus far I can only see the Cooler master GX 750 for me.

Thanks for any advice.
I no longer think of myself as Atheist however I reject religion as a concept where you must do x because someone says so. May contain nuts.
KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Re: New PSU

Post by KALSTER »

The consensus around these parts seems to be that Corsair is the way to go. R1268 at Prophecy.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Intel i5 2500; AsRock Z77 Extreme 4; Asus GTX580; 4x 2GB DDR3 1333; Intel 520 240GB SSD + 2x WD 3TB + 2TB Samsung; Samsung 22X DVD/RW; 23" LG W2343T-PF; Huntkey 700W
JollyJamma

Post by JollyJamma »

It would seem so. Thanks!
I no longer think of myself as Atheist however I reject religion as a concept where you must do x because someone says so. May contain nuts.
StarBound
Registered Pervert
Processor: Intel i7 4790k
Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 7
Graphics card: MSI GTX780Ti Gaming
Memory: G.Skill Sniper 1866mhz 16GB

Post by StarBound »

CoolerMaster 750GX.

=END=
My Steam Screenshots

I lived the dream ...then my PC died.
JollyJamma

Post by JollyJamma »

I went for the Corsair as it has some awesome reviews and excellent rating and warranty. At my price range there is little in it.

This is complete overkill for my system-My current system uses less than 450watts and isn't great but I want an upgrade and the PSU is the last thing people think of. A bad PSU=rotten performance.

Here's to giving my E6300 access to 60 amps!
D3PART3D
Starbound's Dear

Post by D3PART3D »

*hijack*

I'm trying to build a super silent gaming PC. The case I've chosen is the Antec P183, any reccomendations on a PSU that doesn't sound like an airport?
Ceterum autem censeo Samsung Mobile esse delendam.

When something is important enough, you do it even if the odds are not in your favor.
- Elon Musk
JollyJamma

Post by JollyJamma »

Well this is ZA

Ok here is a site that I found which lists great reviews in a nice list
http://whirlpool.net.au/wiki/psu_recommendations

Then this is the section for ultra quiet PSUs http://www.silentpcreview.com/article699-page1.html
D3PART3D
Starbound's Dear

Post by D3PART3D »

Why thank you, will check out the list now :)

Reckoned you were done.
Ceterum autem censeo Samsung Mobile esse delendam.

When something is important enough, you do it even if the odds are not in your favor.
- Elon Musk
JollyJamma

Post by JollyJamma »

Got my PSU. I like it and it's quiet and all but I have a big chassis and the PSU is very big. Cables are everywhere and it's not modular but that's fine-if it was a media PC I would go modular and not so huge as 750watts. Gonna tidy it up soon. Got it for R1197.

Thx all.