Smartphones help blind people navigate

A place for all tech stuff that doesn't really belong anywhere else.
jee

Smartphones help blind people navigate

Post by jee »

With the help of a smarthone and the blinput system a visually impaired person wearing a smartphone around their neck with the camera facing out and a pair of headphones that would produce audio in 3D will use their hands to "navigate". The smartphone’s camera gathers context relevant information that would then be relayed to the user through a pair of headphones. The interface allows them to interact with devices such as vending or ticket machines that are embedded with RFID or Bluetooth and shops can install beacons to help find articles.

http://blinput.com/index.html
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
Dr_Jung

Re: Smartphones help blind people navigate

Post by Dr_Jung »

Also the blind person will not be able to see who stole his phone.

Trust me! I am a Doctor.
jee

Re: Smartphones help blind people navigate

Post by jee »

My Dear Doctor.... by the time all the shops have beacons the smartphones will cost what mine costs.... R169 :0
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.