upgrade...incomplete?

Want advice on building your rig or just want to show off?
g1mme

upgrade...incomplete?

Post by g1mme »

hello boys and girls/ladies(doubtful) and gents

I am looking to upgrade my pc though i am hesitant on what to upgrade 1st.
My initial thoughts were that the motherboard should be done 1st, that though would require new cpu and probably a new psu and and and...
So then i thought something simple like a chassis, but then i was like, what if the motherboards coming out dont fit in the chassis i bought.
Graphics cards are not my forte and as much as i like a good game i dont know what a new graphics card would require. i can only guess psu, possibly motherboard?!
anyhow, im now looking at monitors which may/maynot be a fail 1st upgrade.
Give a brother some advice here.
Thanks ya'll
Anthro
Moderator Emeritus
Processor: i7 3770k
Motherboard: ASUS P8P67-Pro
Graphics card: 2xNvidia GTX670
Memory: 16 GB Gskill Sniper

Re: upgrade...incomplete?

Post by Anthro »

Welcome to the forum matey !
First off, I would suggest what I did - stick with current hardware (even though 'okayish' and save the money till you have it all to upgrade.

Future proof is always the word here (there are two words there*) LOL

AAnyway, I have jut gone i7 after saving a few months, and that brings me to my next comment - who supplies your $ ?
If you are working already, i'd suggest budgeting and saving the money away in a 'kitty' of sorts.

If you are dependant on the parents or government - good luck..... uh,
I KID ! I KIDDD.... mow the lawn, clean the pool etc etc.

--Anthro
Temporary Absence
-Prometheus-
Resident Drama Llama

Post by -Prometheus- »

........................................................................................................................................................................................................
........................................................................................................................................................................................................
Last edited by -Prometheus- on 04 Apr 2011, 02:21, edited 1 time in total.
BBLounge - Broadband and Technology forum
Please like our facebook page
Slimshaedy

Post by Slimshaedy »

I agree with Anthro. Try save up and buy something you will love! Not just like... Like I'm busy buying piece by piece as I go along
[i7 2600K @ 4.6 ghz 1.35V] [Asus P8P67 Deluxe] [G-Skill RipjawsX 2x2GB DDR3 1600 CL6 (6-8-6-24) 1.5V]
[Sapphire Radeon 6870 @ 975/1200 1.2V] [Coolermaster V6 GT] [WD Caviar Black 640GB SATA3 6Gbps]
[Samsung SA350 23" LED] [NZXT Phantom White] [Corsair TX750W V2] [Zalman RS6F-USB 5.1 Surround Sound Headphones] My rig and benchmarks