Urgent Opinion on system

Want advice on building your rig or just want to show off?
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Re: Urgent Opinion on system

Post by Stuart »

KALSTER wrote:
Do YOU know what graphics comes with it?
Presumably, nothing. :?
The fact that it says "No onboard VGA" implies "supply your own graphics card."
-Prometheus-
Resident Drama Llama

Post by -Prometheus- »

........................................................................................................................................................................................................
........................................................................................................................................................................................................
Last edited by -Prometheus- on 04 Apr 2011, 02:00, edited 1 time in total.
BBLounge - Broadband and Technology forum
Please like our facebook page
Slimshaedy

Post by Slimshaedy »

Have all your guys experiences with pczone been that bad? I live in pinetown so I go there quite a bit. I wouldn't suggest a complete setup coz they use budget parts and any of us knowing anything about a pc would want some good components in it. But all their other parts are sealed and packaged so it as good as buying from your favourite retailer. But you guys have had problems with warranty issues? Iv never had a problem with that I just say its broken,I want a new one. And after testing it they give me a new one.
Any one of us are bound to know more than those floor assistants, so asking them for help or an opinion is a waste of time haha. But a lot of the time pczone gives me the best price so I just go there
[i7 2600K @ 4.6 ghz 1.35V] [Asus P8P67 Deluxe] [G-Skill RipjawsX 2x2GB DDR3 1600 CL6 (6-8-6-24) 1.5V]
[Sapphire Radeon 6870 @ 975/1200 1.2V] [Coolermaster V6 GT] [WD Caviar Black 640GB SATA3 6Gbps]
[Samsung SA350 23" LED] [NZXT Phantom White] [Corsair TX750W V2] [Zalman RS6F-USB 5.1 Surround Sound Headphones] My rig and benchmarks
rustypup

Post by rustypup »

everything i've ever purchased from them has died within 6-8 months... everything... GPU, hard drive, you name it.. bzzt... then you get to schlep back in there to get the run around and wait for replacement...

their product is crud... pure and simple... if you're looking for cheap and disposable yes, if you're looking for low maintenance, no..
Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so - Bertrand Russel
KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Post by KALSTER »

rustypup wrote:everything i've ever purchased from them has died within 6-8 months... everything... GPU, hard drive, you name it.. bzzt... then you get to schlep back in there to get the run around and wait for replacement...

their product is crud... pure and simple... if you're looking for cheap and disposable yes, if you're looking for low maintenance, no..
See, I'm not questioning the fact that some of you have had these experiences, I just don't understand how. What is the difference between the same product bought from PCZone (or any other place with a similar reputation) and somewhere else?
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Intel i5 2500; AsRock Z77 Extreme 4; Asus GTX580; 4x 2GB DDR3 1333; Intel 520 240GB SSD + 2x WD 3TB + 2TB Samsung; Samsung 22X DVD/RW; 23" LG W2343T-PF; Huntkey 700W
Slimshaedy

Post by Slimshaedy »

Exactly my point Kalster. For example take my sapphire 6870. I bought it from pc zone who has their own suppliers. Or I could buy from prophecy who has their own suppliers. At the end of the day that gpu is exactly the same whether I buy it from pczone or prophecy. Its packaged in the same box,fully factory sealed.
[i7 2600K @ 4.6 ghz 1.35V] [Asus P8P67 Deluxe] [G-Skill RipjawsX 2x2GB DDR3 1600 CL6 (6-8-6-24) 1.5V]
[Sapphire Radeon 6870 @ 975/1200 1.2V] [Coolermaster V6 GT] [WD Caviar Black 640GB SATA3 6Gbps]
[Samsung SA350 23" LED] [NZXT Phantom White] [Corsair TX750W V2] [Zalman RS6F-USB 5.1 Surround Sound Headphones] My rig and benchmarks
rustypup

Post by rustypup »

KALSTER wrote: I'm not questioning the fact that some of you have had these experiences,
not just me... a number of family members as well... :/ a pattern is a pattern, regardless of personal convictions...
KALSTER wrote:What is the difference between the same product bought from PCZone (or any other place with a similar reputation) and somewhere else?
the difference is in the source... their products are grey imports for the most part which means zero QC in supply chain and the makro stunt of resealing doge parts in the hopes they may stick on sell through the next time around...
Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so - Bertrand Russel
KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Post by KALSTER »

the difference is in the source... their products are grey imports for the most part which means zero QC in supply chain and the makro stunt of resealing doge parts in the hopes they may stick on sell through the next time around..
Ah. Do you have any first-hand knowledge of this? If this were true, then they definitely deserve being derided, along with places like HiFi Corporation that have similar MOs.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Intel i5 2500; AsRock Z77 Extreme 4; Asus GTX580; 4x 2GB DDR3 1333; Intel 520 240GB SSD + 2x WD 3TB + 2TB Samsung; Samsung 22X DVD/RW; 23" LG W2343T-PF; Huntkey 700W