The Facebook Features (and Other News) Thread

Anything to do with online stuff goes here.
Tribble
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K CPU@3.50GHz
Motherboard: ACPI x64-based PC
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 780 Ti
Memory: 16GB

Re: The Facebook Features (and Other News) Thread

Post by Tribble »

But I don't put my phone number on it - so why would I want a phone on it?
-Prometheus-
Resident Drama Llama

Post by -Prometheus- »

........................................................................................................................................................................................................
........................................................................................................................................................................................................
Last edited by -Prometheus- on 04 Apr 2011, 02:26, edited 1 time in total.
BBLounge - Broadband and Technology forum
Please like our facebook page
Siemens
Location: somewhere over the rainbow where katie melua is running from me.

Post by Siemens »

DAE_JA_VOO wrote:Have you guys been reading all the new "Facebook Phone" rumours? Second time around, and it's really getting silly now.

The only point I can really see in a facebook phone is that it'll be a GREAT way for them to really push the new Messaging system they announced last year, and it'll be great for Facebook Deals too, but that's about it :|
But I bet you each teenage school girl will have to have one.
"Friends are a lot like potatoes. If you eat them they die." - Stuart
THE_STIG
Spoiled Brat
Processor: Core i7 6800k
Motherboard: Asrock x99 taichi
Graphics card: Zotac 1080ti amp extreme
Memory: 16gb(4x4gb) corsair vengeance

Post by THE_STIG »

Well they already do, they all have Blackberries with stupid pink/green plastic covers
Siemens

Post by Siemens »

No, I meant Facebook phone. They'll drop the BB like a slice of rotting pizza.
THE_STIG
Spoiled Brat
Processor: Core i7 6800k
Motherboard: Asrock x99 taichi
Graphics card: Zotac 1080ti amp extreme
Memory: 16gb(4x4gb) corsair vengeance

Post by THE_STIG »

Siemens wrote:No, I meant Facebook phone. They'll drop the BB like a slice of rotting pizza.
I think that the BB is rotting pizza, I am not a fan of them nor am I a fan of the Ifail 4.
Siemens

Post by Siemens »

Uhg the new photo albumslideshow thing is not cool. Anyway to disable it? (except by removing the part from the url)
Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Post by Anakha56 »

Some people... :roll:

http://technolog.msnbc.msn.com/_news/20 ... -to-arrest
Facebook relationship status change leads to arrest

By Athima Chansanchai

Tip: when changing your relationship status on Facebook, try to give your significant other(s) a heads up about it first. It'll save you tons of grief, yelling, TV sets getting banged up and maybe even prevent an arrest.

Palm Bay, Florida resident Eric Wilson, 21, was charged Friday with battery domestic violence, a misdemeanor, after an altercation Thursday night over his changed relationship status on Facebook.

An Eric J. Wilson on Facebook who lives in Palm Bay appears to be the Eric James Wilson charged with the crime, as documented in the Brevard County Clerk of Courts. There is certainly a resemblance between the smiling Facebook photo of man in a suit with a clearly noticeable wedding band and the not-quite smiling mug shot seen on local news reports. The Facebook Wilson recently changed his Facebook status from "married" to "single," which, as anyone knows who is on Facebook, can signal all kinds of drama.

In this case, police reported being called to a house to follow up on calls about a disturbance, and pieced together this chronology of the evening: Wilson and a woman (reports do not identify her as his wife, ex-wife or someone else) got into an argument about his Facebook status. Obscenities were uttered and a TV set was broken. According to an Orlando-based news report, Wilson also allegedly "pushed the woman against a brick wall and threatened to shoot her."

He was taken to the county detention center and later released. He came back Saturday for a hearing, where a judge ordered him to stay away from the victim and that house. He is scheduled to return at the end of the month to face the battery charges.

With Facebook expanding to millions, perhaps billions more, through SIM card embedding, the chances of more misunderstandings like this are sure to increase. People: learn from this!
*sigh*
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

Tribble

Post by Tribble »

He was lucky his friend took him seriously.
jee

Post by jee »

Siemens wrote:Uhg the new photo albumslideshow thing is not cool. Anyway to disable it? (except by removing the part from the url)
F5
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.
doo_much

Post by doo_much »

MOOD - Thirsty

A surprising amount of modern pseudoscience is coming out of the environmental sector. Perhaps it should not be so surprising given that environmentalism is political rather than scientific.
Timothy Casey
DAE_JA_VOO

Post by DAE_JA_VOO »

Guys, tell me something - any of you having problems with the facebook mobile site? Specifically from Android phones. It seems that when I send a message to someone via m.facebook.com or via the touch site, it just doesn't go through, no matter the browser I use. Anyone having similar issues?
That guy that used to mod cases. Now I take photos. True story.
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Nope - it works from my Galaxy Tab and my BlackBerry. I can comment and upload pics
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

DAE_JA_VOO wrote:Guys, tell me something - any of you having problems with the facebook mobile site? Specifically from Android phones. It seems that when I send a message to someone via m.facebook.com or via the touch site, it just doesn't go through, no matter the browser I use. Anyone having similar issues?
I don't send messages to people over Facebook much, so I wouldn't really know. Then again, I don't have an Android phone.
Siemens

Post by Siemens »

DAE_JA_VOO wrote:Guys, tell me something - any of you having problems with the facebook mobile site? Specifically from Android phones. It seems that when I send a message to someone via m.facebook.com or via the touch site, it just doesn't go through, no matter the browser I use. Anyone having similar issues?
I'm experiencing a lot of problems lately with facebook on my nokia. It's near impossible to send a message or leave a comment. Also if I click on something it takes me to something completely different. Facebook developers really don't care much about the mobile division. If there is a problem it takes months to fix it. :\
-Prometheus-
Resident Drama Llama

Post by -Prometheus- »

Last edited by -Prometheus- on 04 Apr 2011, 04:29, edited 1 time in total.
KatrynKat
Insane in the Membrane

Post by KatrynKat »

i have the limited site on my phone, don't have a smart phone just a Samsung Corby, and i have no probs with that, can comment, poke, message, check photos, check people's accounts, all sorts with no problems....
"This eBook is displayed using 100% recycled electrons."
Siemens

Post by Siemens »

KatrynKat wrote:i have the limited site on my phone, don't have a smart phone just a Samsung Corby, and i have no probs with that, can comment, poke, message, check photos, check people's accounts, all sorts with no problems....
Same here I'm using an old no name nokia, the issues are all new though. A week or two.
KatrynKat
Insane in the Membrane

Post by KatrynKat »

no problems on my side....
-Prometheus-
Resident Drama Llama

Post by -Prometheus- »

Last edited by -Prometheus- on 04 Apr 2011, 04:29, edited 2 times in total.
KatrynKat
Insane in the Membrane

Post by KatrynKat »

lolz.... but what if the poking, in virtual or real life, has another meaning behind it..... and you will just have to guess the meaning... ;)
-Prometheus-
Resident Drama Llama

Post by -Prometheus- »

Last edited by -Prometheus- on 04 Apr 2011, 04:29, edited 1 time in total.
KatrynKat
Insane in the Membrane

Post by KatrynKat »

:lol:
yeah... see what i mean.... tho it could just be a hello poke...
Siemens

Post by Siemens »

I sometimes poke people so that they can start a conversation with me lol. Weird I know.