The Firefox Thread

Any software related topics go in here.
Siemens
Location: somewhere over the rainbow where katie melua is running from me.

Re: Firefox 4

Post by Siemens »

Monty wrote:
Siemens wrote:
DeathStrike wrote:Does all your add-ons still work after the update? i didn't see the add-on checker after update?
No, the photobucket one doesnt work :( also the orbit thing doesnt work.
use flashgot for tying in Orbit
Oi! Get this man a Bells!
"Friends are a lot like potatoes. If you eat them they die." - Stuart
-Prometheus-
Resident Drama Llama

Post by -Prometheus- »

........................................................................................................................................................................................................
........................................................................................................................................................................................................
Last edited by -Prometheus- on 04 Apr 2011, 04:36, edited 1 time in total.
BBLounge - Broadband and Technology forum
Please like our facebook page
ADT

Post by ADT »

Just DL FF4 and i do like :D
Kanete naki mi koso yasukere yuki no michi
Spoiler (show)
AMD Phenom II 3.47ghz ~ Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H ~ XFX Radeon HD 5770 ~ CM eXtreme Power Plus 600W PSU ~ Samsung P2370H ~ Corsair 4GB DDR3 2000 Mhz ~ Win 7 64 Bit Ultimate ~
GreyWolf
Processor: PHENOM II 945
Motherboard: Asus M4A78
Graphics card: HIS ICEQ 4850 1GB
Memory: 4GB CORSAIR XMS II 1066

Post by GreyWolf »

Just checked http://glow.mozilla.org/, 22 million downloads and counting. must be some sort of record.
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist that black flag, and begin slitting throats."
- H. L. Mancken
ADT

Post by ADT »

Yeah last nite i checked the stats and then 20 million was just reached
Kanete naki mi koso yasukere yuki no michi
Spoiler (show)
AMD Phenom II 3.47ghz ~ Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H ~ XFX Radeon HD 5770 ~ CM eXtreme Power Plus 600W PSU ~ Samsung P2370H ~ Corsair 4GB DDR3 2000 Mhz ~ Win 7 64 Bit Ultimate ~
SykomantiS

Post by SykomantiS »

To be brutally honest, I haven't picked up on this apparent speed increase over 3.6 :?
Still, FF4 is a win in my books :D

Now, if they could only update the custom download manager and the dictionaries :x
Tribble
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K CPU@3.50GHz
Motherboard: ACPI x64-based PC
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 780 Ti
Memory: 16GB

Post by Tribble »

Yes - I need my Afrikaans dictionary - I have to rely on my own spelling atm and that is not a good thing
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Ok - I am about to earn my new title :P How can I stop the screen from flashing white everytime I click on a link? In Ogame it is driving me nuts. If I click on a button, the screen goes white and then loads the new screen.
SykomantiS

Post by SykomantiS »

I don't have that problem :?
Mine doesn't flash at all.
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

Perhaps it is one of my addons then. Do you use the persona rotator?
SykomantiS

Post by SykomantiS »

Nope. stock FF wrt looks.
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

I have disabled it and it still flashes. I am really not liking this. Wonder what it could be.
DeathStrike
Location: hidden deep in the depths of the underworld is my home.

Post by DeathStrike »

I don't have the flashing screen as far as i know. using mac firefox 4...

One issue i do have is that firefox 4 no longer supports delicious bookmark addon. :(

i need this really bad.

if it don't get fixed soon then at work i will have to convert to chrome or opera.

EDIT: anyone use the addon bar/status bar?

i found nice shortcut for it. Mac: CMD + /

i assume on windows it would be CTRL + / (haven't tested it)
Spoiler: (show)
SIG by HMAN 8)
Member of The Pride Of Darkness
DeathStrike on Twitter
About me
Asus P5KPL-CM motherboard, 4 GIG RAM, Q6600 @ 2.88GHz (Thanks Anthro), GeForce 8600GT, Samsung 2333 23" + CRT 17" Monitors. 500GB + 1.5TB HDD, Compro TV tuner, 350 WATT PSU
SykomantiS

Post by SykomantiS »

ctrl + / toggles the add-on bar
Monty
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i5-4690K @ 4.5GHZ
Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VII Formula
Graphics card: ASUS GTX970 Strix
Memory: 4 x 4GB Corsair Dominators

Firefox 4

Post by Monty »

DeAthstrike, import your delicious bookmarks in to xmarks
Art Williams wrote:I'm not telling you it is going to be easy, I'm telling you it's going to be worth it.
Siemens

Post by Siemens »

Regarding the photobucket add-on. A lot of people are requesting for an update. Photobucket is really slow :/
Anyway someone posted a quick fix so feel free to give it a try
How to use this addon with FF4

It is possible to use this add-on with Firefox 4. You must enable Firefox to load out of date add-ons. This could cause problems with other add-ons, but this one seems to work fine. Use these steps to use out of date add-ons...

1. Type about:config in your browser address bar.
2. Agree to the warning message.
3. Now right click a blank spot inside the browser page, choose New –> Boolean
4. Type the preference name as: extensions.checkCompatibility.4.0
5. Set it to False.
DeathStrike

Post by DeathStrike »

Monty wrote:DeAthstrike, import your delicious bookmarks in to xmarks
How does xMarks compare? i have a delicious account and its linked to my twitter profile.

so i use it to share links with my twitter profile as well as bookmark my favourites.
SIG by HMAN 8)
DeathStrike on Twitter
About me
Asus P5KPL-CM motherboard, 4 GIG RAM, Q6600 @ 2.88GHz (Thanks Anthro), GeForce 8600GT, Samsung 2333 23" + CRT 17" Monitors. 500GB + 1.5TB HDD, Compro TV tuner, 350 WATT PSU
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

You can also try F1
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

I got rid of the flashing but disabling persona rotator and Reminder Fox. Still have to work out which one it was
DeathStrike

Post by DeathStrike »

must be reminder fox cos i have persona rotator :)

i see xmarks is owned by lastpass. nice. i already have an account with them and was planning to buy their upgrade.

with xmarks also the phone sync is only for paid. so if i went over to xmarks i would need the upgrade also.

turns out i can get both upgrades for $20/year. not bad about R140.

So only thing is i don't see a mention of twitter linking? can anyone confirm it for me?
SIG by HMAN 8)
DeathStrike on Twitter
About me
KatrynKat
Insane in the Membrane

Post by KatrynKat »

a major problem that i found, or for me it's a problem, is that when you close the FF window all your tabs are closed and not saved so that when you open FF the next morning, you have to reopen your tabs my yourself....

maybe there is a way that you can save the tabs in FF 4 but i haven't been able to find it...
"This eBook is displayed using 100% recycled electrons."
Siemens

Post by Siemens »

KatrynKat wrote:a major problem that i found, or for me it's a problem, is that when you close the FF window all your tabs are closed and not saved so that when you open FF the next morning, you have to reopen your tabs my yourself....

maybe there is a way that you can save the tabs in FF 4 but i haven't been able to find it...
Make those tabs that you like Apps Tabs and then they will load each time.
Monty
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i5-4690K @ 4.5GHZ
Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VII Formula
Graphics card: ASUS GTX970 Strix
Memory: 4 x 4GB Corsair Dominators

Post by Monty »

if you have the default home page set, it gives you an option to restore previous session from it
Art Williams wrote:I'm not telling you it is going to be easy, I'm telling you it's going to be worth it.
Tribble

Post by Tribble »

You can go into options and set it
senile

Post by senile »

Hi whats the name of this addon in Firefox? When you select some text it opens a little blue button with choice where to search it