Dragon Age 2

Anything to do with PC gaming goes in here.
StarBound
Registered Pervert
Processor: Intel i7 4790k
Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 7
Graphics card: MSI GTX780Ti Gaming
Memory: G.Skill Sniper 1866mhz 16GB

Re: Dragon Age 2

Post by StarBound »

The black emporium is avalible as a dlc download isnt it? I refer to it as one of the lamest dlc ever, second to Hard Corps Uprising where you have to buy 2 of the characters shown in the intro movie.
My Steam Screenshots

I lived the dream ...then my PC died.
Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Post by Anakha56 »

Yeah it was a bit of a disappointment and yes you can buy it as an additional cost. There are some good items for sale every now and then the problem is that its costs way to much gold :?. By the time you have worked up the cash you have leveled up to the point whereby you have a better weapon :?.

Still love playing the game in DX11 :inlove:...
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
Mystical_Titan

Post by Mystical_Titan »

Will order the normal edition then. :)
ineedmoney18

Post by ineedmoney18 »

DA 2 very good game I just feel that they rushed it out:(
but its a good game lost a few days not too long.

just me random 2 cents ...
Mystical_Titan

Post by Mystical_Titan »

No more stock on Kalahari. Dammit! :?
StarBound
Registered Pervert

Post by StarBound »

Try take 2 or btgames? The one thing thats good about digital is your never out of stock.
My Steam Screenshots

Mystical_Titan

Post by Mystical_Titan »

True, but I'm old-fashioned. I like to have a hard copy. I'll take the non-Steam version of a game over the Steam version if I can.

I'll only buy games from Kalahari. Much cheaper for me and also cheaper to send to Nam.
StarBound
Registered Pervert

Post by StarBound »

I like hard copies when it doesnt need to be activated online or anything like that. If it needs internet in any way I might as well get a steam version since everything is digital in that way and I wont loose details if everything is gathered.
My Steam Screenshots

Mystical_Titan

Post by Mystical_Titan »

Even then, I still like a hard copy, unless of course the hard copy is going to cost me R 400 and the Steam version is R 80, as was the case with Mafia 2.

I hope Kalahari has stock again soon. Can get it there for R 266, hard copy in Windhoek will be R 400. :(
rustypup

Post by rustypup »

demo looks like it's been developed for people who suffered accidental lobotomies... bargain bin candidate... :/
Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so - Bertrand Russel
StarBound
Registered Pervert

Post by StarBound »

Rusty it is suffering from consolification. The only good thing from it is that a quest can be done in 10-15minutes which is a win in my books. Got a short time to play? Do a quest. The downside though is nothing is emersive and from something that is Bulder's Gates spiritual successor isnt in the BG spirit at all. I actually think that the guy that got banned for 4 days had a point. The game is fun but repetitive yet its not at all anything like it should be.
My Steam Screenshots

Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

rusty for you it is a Steam special buy ;).

Just had this game lock up twice for me playing as a mage. Never locked up once as a Rogue but as a mage it freezes. Really odd...
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
StarBound
Registered Pervert

Post by StarBound »

Because the templars are locking up your system instead of the mage :lol:
My Steam Screenshots

Mystical_Titan

Post by Mystical_Titan »

Had a memory dump today playing the first Dragon Age. :?

Bought the Awakening expansion from Musica on Sunday for R 60, will get II when that's done. :)
Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

And for a turn to the ridiculous side of life for the game...

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2011 ... Content%29
Dragon Age 2's gay character controversial with straight, gay gamers
By Ben Kuchera | Last updated about 2 hours ago

There is a male character in Dragon Age 2 who will make advances towards your own male character. If you spurn those advances, you will receive rivalry points. This makes sense; after all, who likes being rejected? The problem is that the character is gay, and that means that people who dislike gay characters in games are upset because of his existence, and a group of gay gamers are upset over how the character is portrayed.

This debate continues to be played out across the Internet, and the biggest takeaway appears to be that it remains incredibly difficult to portray characters that seem both real and human. It's doubly so when they belong to a group that inspires so many strong feelings.
Now I actually dont give a damn regarding which characters are batting for which side. However I was able to get Anders to jump my female rogue (that sounds wrong...) so maybe he is bi? :? Right now I am trying to get the *ahem* 3some offer :P. Actually trying to get a female female pairing which is kinda difficult considering that the males keep getting in the way :?... Seriously though this is mind boggling I am not playing a game for choice encounters, I am playing it to see bad guys explode in a shower of blood :P.
StarBound
Registered Pervert

Post by StarBound »

Dont you kinda miss the old Bioware games where the relationships took forever and only made set it in stone at the end of the game? I played a female scoundral in Kotor and got Carth to forgive and love me (woot woot for playing it the right way :P ) but these days it feels like just saying hi to someone in a bioware games gets them going for your pants. I mean even in Mass Effect when you playfully jest Miranda at looking at your body for 2 years it turns more flirty then joking. The problem then follows on that Jack is peeved at you for not choosing her and so on and so forth. There is no real "Let's be nothing more than friends/team mates" option. Either your in their pants or your out the door.

Maybe they should start off the game with you choosing your lover then opening with a love scene followed by the "How the hell did this happen?" story part where if you dont play it that it gets to that point the game stops and says (in prince of persia sands of time voice) "No wait, that's not how it happened. Let me tell it again." untill you get it right. I do actually like how the characters in your party are. Wouldnt it actually be interesting if someone in your party starts having relations with one another and then when you come they either drop the other person or reject you instead of the other way around? What about conditional character traits. Eg female character side, like the bad boys. Or what about your a warrior and one of your companions shows a strong sense of battle just like your own ect.

I think the main problem Bioware is currently facing is no one wants rivalry points but the problem is that its not natural decisions. Instead of following your character traits someone is pissed at you for keeping your word even if it means sparing someones life. In Mass Effect 2 its an extreme contridiction. You shoot the crap out of everyone and everything and then you get the options to save someones life from your team mates and they accept it. There is no "You wouldnt do it, I follow your example" ect.
My Steam Screenshots

Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

I want rivalry points for some of the characters. This second time around I am making Anders hate me, dont like the bugger for some reason...
Mystical_Titan

Post by Mystical_Titan »

StarBound wrote:Dont you kinda miss the old Bioware games where the relationships took forever and only made set it in stone at the end of the game? I played a female scoundral in Kotor and got Carth to forgive and love me (woot woot for playing it the right way :P ) but these days it feels like just saying hi to someone in a bioware games gets them going for your pants. I mean even in Mass Effect when you playfully jest Miranda at looking at your body for 2 years it turns more flirty then joking. The problem then follows on that Jack is peeved at you for not choosing her and so on and so forth. There is no real "Let's be nothing more than friends/team mates" option. Either your in their pants or your out the door.
Hey, they're trying to make it more realistic. That's how it goes these days. :lol:
rustypup

Post by rustypup »

Mystical_Titan wrote:Hey, they're trying to make it more realistic
so... they're not just plugging p0rn to mouth-breathers, they're aiming at "realism"... :/ right....

ME/ME2/DAO and now this all have the same theme... bonking sells and content and gameplay take a back seat... so, it's essentially the hollywood business model...
Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so - Bertrand Russel
Mystical_Titan

Post by Mystical_Titan »

rustypup wrote:
Mystical_Titan wrote:Hey, they're trying to make it more realistic
so... they're not just plugging p0rn to mouth-breathers, they're aiming at "realism"... :/ right....

ME/ME2/DAO and now this all have the same theme... bonking sells and content and gameplay take a back seat... so, it's essentially the hollywood business model...
Firstly, you're taking my post out of context... it was a joke. :lol:

And secondly, I don't care for the sex element in Dragon Age, it's a brilliant RPG and I'm enjoying the content and gameplay very much. :)
Mystical_Titan

Post by Mystical_Titan »

Finally gots me Dragon Age 2! Can't decide what character I want to be though. I always go for the warrior class, but I want to be able to open locked chests without needing a party member for that, so maybe a rogue?
StarPhoenix
B.Soc.Sci, M.SocSci [UPCF]
Processor: Core i5 3470
Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z77
Graphics card: nVidia GeForce GTX 1060
Memory: 8Gb DDR3 1600

Post by StarPhoenix »

Mystical_Titan wrote:Had a memory dump today playing the first Dragon Age. :?

Bought the Awakening expansion from Musica on Sunday for R 60, will get II when that's done. :)
I ordered the Ultimate Edition for my PC from Take 2.
It should be here in two weeks or so.
"Humankind cannot bear very much reality." T.S. Elliot
Mystical_Titan

Post by Mystical_Titan »

You mean the Ultimate Edition that comes from overseas and sells for 2 grand? :shock:
Mystical_Titan

Post by Mystical_Titan »

If that is the version you ordered, you might want to look at this:
The Dragon Age Origins Collector's Edition comes with:

Tin Case
Dragon Age: Origins game
Bonus DVD including:
A making of documentary
Soundtrack
Trailers
Wallpaper
Concept art montage
Strategy tips
Cloth Map
Three pieces of exclusive in-game items
Single use code that unlocks The Stone Prisoner
Single use code that unlocks Blood Dragon Armor in Dragon Age: Origins and Mass Effect 2
Two exclusive items for Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning, the Skaven Skin Cloak and Adventurer's Handbook

Note: The bonus codes for Dragon Age: Origins expired on 30th April 2010
http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_ ... n#Contents
Mystical_Titan

Post by Mystical_Titan »

Got myself two DLCs for Dragon Age 2, the All Class Item Pack (really nice stuff in here!) and The Exiled Prince, which gives you an extra 3 quests and a party member. Really worth it, cost $ 12 in total, which is about R 80.