Internet Connection = SLOW!

Network problem solving and tweaks
Rajiv

Internet Connection = SLOW!

Post by Rajiv »

Help... :cry:

I am currently using the Cell C 3G for internet. Last month it worked fine, this month it is so slow that I could go to toilet, have lunch and still play on my Ps2 for an hour and would still be loading my homepage. Is it something to do with my 2GB DDR2 RAM or is it something i installed recently. Yesterday I installed the Nvidia drivers for Win 7 that came with the latest issue of PC Format. Could this be the problem? This incident also only happened yesterday as well after I installed the drivers.
"Because I don't say it...don't mean I ain't thinking it!"
Monty
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i5-4690K @ 4.5GHZ
Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VII Formula
Graphics card: ASUS GTX970 Strix
Memory: 4 x 4GB Corsair Dominators

Re: Internet Connection = SLOW!

Post by Monty »

Yes, installing completely unrelated drivers will slow your internet down because they block the tubes in your ram that the modem runs through.

No, really. The problem is likely to be with cell C
Art Williams wrote:I'm not telling you it is going to be easy, I'm telling you it's going to be worth it.
Rajiv

Post by Rajiv »

U think they could be going through a tough time?
"Because I don't say it...don't mean I ain't thinking it!"
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

There have been lots of complaints bout Cell C's woosh service over at myBB in the last few days, so it's unsurprising.
THE_STIG
Spoiled Brat
Processor: Core i7 6800k
Motherboard: Asrock x99 taichi
Graphics card: Zotac 1080ti amp extreme
Memory: 16gb(4x4gb) corsair vengeance

Post by THE_STIG »

Cell C.....typical :x
-Prometheus-
Resident Drama Llama

Post by -Prometheus- »

........................................................................................................................................................................................................
........................................................................................................................................................................................................
BBLounge - Broadband and Technology forum
Please like our facebook page