Mass Effect 3

Anything to do with PC gaming goes in here.
D3PART3D
Starbound's Dear

Mass Effect 3

Post by D3PART3D »

Here it is folks, the debut trailer. We wait a year.

Ceterum autem censeo Samsung Mobile esse delendam.

When something is important enough, you do it even if the odds are not in your favor.
- Elon Musk
KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Re: Mass Effect 3

Post by KALSTER »

I can't wait! The graphics look spectacular (the cut scene anyway). I hope they have updated the graphics a bit.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Intel i5 2500; AsRock Z77 Extreme 4; Asus GTX580; 4x 2GB DDR3 1333; Intel 520 240GB SSD + 2x WD 3TB + 2TB Samsung; Samsung 22X DVD/RW; 23" LG W2343T-PF; Huntkey 700W
StarBound
Registered Pervert
Processor: Intel i7 4790k
Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 7
Graphics card: MSI GTX780Ti Gaming
Memory: G.Skill Sniper 1866mhz 16GB

Post by StarBound »

PS3 and xbox is limited to shader 3 so have doubts they will even try to do the pc justice. Didnt ME1 go from DX10 to DX9 in ME2?
My Steam Screenshots

I lived the dream ...then my PC died.
rustypup

Post by rustypup »

meh... did this tripe really need another revision... :/
Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so - Bertrand Russel
KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Post by KALSTER »

rustypup wrote:meh... did this tripe really need another revision... :/
ImageImage
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Intel i5 2500; AsRock Z77 Extreme 4; Asus GTX580; 4x 2GB DDR3 1333; Intel 520 240GB SSD + 2x WD 3TB + 2TB Samsung; Samsung 22X DVD/RW; 23" LG W2343T-PF; Huntkey 700W
rustypup

Post by rustypup »

spamming is an opinion now? :roll:

ME was mediocre with clunky movement... ME2 moderately more so with an incredibly pointless ending, (almost as bad as that in crysis)....

i don't care all that much about visuals because it's generally a bad sign... if flash and alien sexing are your thing, feel free to get all hot and sweaty - just don't expect everyone to share your opinion... the game is over-hyped mediocrity... much like bioshock/2...

also feel free to use actual words and sentences in place of icons... :|
KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Post by KALSTER »

ME was mediocre with clunky movement
It was the first game I really played since Metal Gear Solid on PS2. The tedium of driving around for a few morsels of elements was not a great idea. The shooting bits were not ideal, but I liked the story, graphics and general gameplay.

ME2 had slightly better graphics (if I was not imagining it), better gameplay, but the tedium was taken to the extreme with the planet mining nonsense. I also liked the story and the ending left me hungry for the next one. I like the different paths your decisions can take the game into.
just don't expect everyone to share your opinion
I don't. I was just joking around.
game is over-hyped mediocrity... much like bioshock/2...
Right. Got it.

I am looking forward to the movie. Just hope it is not another Clash of the Titans type deal.
StarBound
Registered Pervert

Post by StarBound »

ME was mediocre with clunky movement... ME2 moderately more so with an incredibly pointless ending, (almost as bad as that in crysis)....
I agree but the first game had a decent story. And the last boss in ME2 felt retro so that was nice. The shooter in favour of the RPG style is a bit worrying though. But Mass Effect is one of those "I am tired of WoW so lets play something else quick" moments.
My Steam Screenshots

rustypup

Post by rustypup »

StarBound wrote: the last boss in ME2 felt retro so that was nice.
then what did the boss battle in crysis feel like? :|

i'm convinced ME/2 enjoys it's "what a great story!" fan base purely because gamers don't read... the whole idea that this shyte moves on to hollywood is abhorrent to me...
KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Post by KALSTER »

i'm convinced ME/2 enjoys it's "what a great story!" fan base purely because gamers don't read
I do read and while I don't that much any more, I used to read a lot and not nonsense either.

I guess I am hungry for a good SF movie. The best I can hope for is a movie nearly as good as Star Trek, but I am not holding my breath. Lowering my expectations might be the best thing to do.

Look, I get your point, really I do. I guess I just have a higher threshold for mediocrity (not that this is necessarily a virtue). I can switch my shyte detector off to some degree and allow myself to enjoy the movie I am watching instead of moping about it's flaws. While my threshold might be higher than yours, there are still plenty of nonsense I am not prepared to watch.

My shyte detector is not that well developed for games, I confess. ME1+2 were just engaging enough for me to look forward to the next rendition.
Prime

Post by Prime »

Mass effect felt very much like Kotor 1 and 2. They just expanded the universe and made the sidequests feel more pointless.

That said, it was diverse enough that i found the will to finish it. That brings the tally for completed games to 4. :lol:
hamin_aus
Forum Moderator
Processor: Intel i7 3770K
Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Graphics card: Galax GTX1080
Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws

Post by hamin_aus »

KALSTER wrote:I am looking forward to the movie.
KALSTER wrote:I guess I am hungry for a good SF movie. The best I can hope for is a movie nearly as good as Star Trek
Obvious troll... :P
StarPhoenix
B.Soc.Sci, M.SocSci [UPCF]
Processor: Core i5 3470
Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z77
Graphics card: nVidia GeForce GTX 1060
Memory: 8Gb DDR3 1600

Post by StarPhoenix »

rustypup wrote: ME was mediocre with clunky movement... ME2 moderately more so with an incredibly pointless ending, (almost as bad as that in crysis)....

i don't care all that much about visuals because it's generally a bad sign... if flash and alien sexing are your thing, feel free to get all hot and sweaty - just don't expect everyone to share your opinion... the game is over-hyped mediocrity... much like bioshock/2...
Wait......someone agrees with me [though probably for different reasons] on this? What a pleasant surprise!
I spared some time for Mass Effect once it hit the bargain bin, but derived little sense of entertainment from it,
and certainly nothing that encouraged me to play for just a little longer.

Then again, this may be bias speaking: I prefer swords, sorcery, dungeons and dragons in my CRPGs.
"Humankind cannot bear very much reality." T.S. Elliot
Anakha56
Forum Administrator
Processor: Ryzen 1700K
Motherboard: Asus X370
Graphics card: Asus 1060 Strix
Memory: 16GB RAM

Post by Anakha56 »

Ah ME3...

I will be honest I will be buying it and will probably be buying it as a CE version. As rusty saw the other day I am a sucker for CE editions.

ME1 was okay as was ME2 but the only reason why I bought them was for a different reason:
But Mass Effect is one of those "I am tired of WoW so lets play something else quick" moments.
In my case its not WoW but all the other bland stuff thats out there.
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
D3PART3D
Starbound's Dear

Post by D3PART3D »

I can't believe this is my thread... I know you people are sick of me whining already, but...

Mass Effect 3 Spoiler Alert
Spoiler (show)
SHOCK! HORROR!

Nah, Bioware have always done this. Let's please give them more money so they can continue.

When something is important enough, you do it even if the odds are not in your favor.
- Elon Musk
StarBound
Registered Pervert

Post by StarBound »

Its good to know they get inspiration from other artists. Just hope they are credited as such or I might just have to decredit them with an inspired game disc without crediting them :P
My Steam Screenshots

D3PART3D
Starbound's Dear

Post by D3PART3D »

:lol:

- Elon Musk
ADT

Post by ADT »

Okay, so who has actually played the game, do share?

I'm definitely gonna go buy it, never mind what any critic might say
Kanete naki mi koso yasukere yuki no michi
Spoiler (show)
AMD Phenom II 3.47ghz ~ Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H ~ XFX Radeon HD 5770 ~ CM eXtreme Power Plus 600W PSU ~ Samsung P2370H ~ Corsair 4GB DDR3 2000 Mhz ~ Win 7 64 Bit Ultimate ~
Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

I will still be buying it. Hell I bought 1 & 2 and finished them I might as well carry on with 3.
JUSTICE, n A commodity which is a more or less adulterated condition the State sells to the citizen as a reward for his allegiance, taxes and personal service.
D3PART3D
Starbound's Dear

Post by D3PART3D »

ADT wrote:Okay, so who has actually played the game, do share?
It's not out here yet, is it?

- Elon Musk
ADT

Post by ADT »

D3PART3D wrote:
ADT wrote:Okay, so who has actually played the game, do share?
It's not out here yet, is it?
Agh sigh i was confused with the pre-order date :facepalm: , i only hits stores tomorrow if you pre-ordered
Spoiler (show)
AMD Phenom II 3.47ghz ~ Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H ~ XFX Radeon HD 5770 ~ CM eXtreme Power Plus 600W PSU ~ Samsung P2370H ~ Corsair 4GB DDR3 2000 Mhz ~ Win 7 64 Bit Ultimate ~
Anakha56
Forum Administrator

Post by Anakha56 »

USA was early while Europe & SA are on Friday :(. Would have loved to have had it released on the US date...
StarBound
Registered Pervert

Post by StarBound »

Getting my collectors edition tomorrow. The demo was fun but I hate how multiplayer can dominate especially when your using voice chat. Half the time we were talking about dolphines raping people while we were giving out headshots and meleeing atlas mechs.

The single player experience is same as ME2. The "rpg" of the game is basicly what ME2 was and not the ME1 style of rpg while action is just shooting and watching your character auto decide on voice options.

Time to see if they managed to carry over all those events from ME1 to ME3. All those minor stuff you got when you imported your ME1 save into ME2.
My Steam Screenshots

StarBound
Registered Pervert

Post by StarBound »

Ok after playing a bit (18 hours) I can say I enjoy this one more than the sequels. I just can't get a fix on the passing of time.

Morden is a salerian and salerians are suppose to live short lives like 10-20 years? But he is on the STG which is responsible for the genophage which according to the lore was spread 1000 years prior.

I'd give the game 7/10 because there are a few issues with the game, like geometry that is game breaking where your completely unabled to move.
My Steam Screenshots

ADT

Post by ADT »

StarBound wrote:
I'd give the game 7/10 because there are a few issues with the game, like geometry that is game breaking where your completely unabled to move.

7/10 :shock:

U mad bro, at least a 8 :P
Spoiler (show)