Windows CE User Rights

Discussion and support for the Windows family of operating systems.
doo_much

Windows CE User Rights

Post by doo_much »

Is it possible to limit a user to utilising a single app in Windows CE?

One of my clients have scanners running it and have a constant problem with their employees mucking about with other settings.
MOOD - Thirsty

A surprising amount of modern pseudoscience is coming out of the environmental sector. Perhaps it should not be so surprising given that environmentalism is political rather than scientific.
Timothy Casey
doo_much

Re: Windows CE User Rights

Post by doo_much »

:shock:

No-one?
MOOD - Thirsty

A surprising amount of modern pseudoscience is coming out of the environmental sector. Perhaps it should not be so surprising given that environmentalism is political rather than scientific.
Timothy Casey
ghondar

Post by ghondar »

what type of scanners are you using, on the Datalogic Skorpio scanners there is an app that can do that.
it's been awhile since a last worked with them but im sure you can lock your screen down to one app and disabled start menu.
doo_much

Post by doo_much »

Thanks Gondar,
They're using Intermec scanners. CK31's amongst others.

Their supplier also proposed installing an app - but at a rather steep price. And that just seems wrong to me... :lol:
MOOD - Thirsty

Timothy Casey
doo_much

Post by doo_much »

and ghondar set me thinking...

Instead of trying to Google "Windows CE user rights limit", I went to the Intermec website and lo and behold the answer is in their knowledge base! :lol:

should've thought of that earlier.... :oops:
MOOD - Thirsty

Timothy Casey