Blackberry as internet modem.

Network problem solving and tweaks
Puento

Blackberry as internet modem.

Post by Puento »

Hi,

I'm on my way to cape town and need internet to do some online banking. Previously i had a Nokia and it was very easy to connect to the internet using my phone as modem. Installed Nokia PC suite, connected the phone with bluetooth/USB, and clicked "connect".

But with my new blackberry its not that simple, cant connect with the USB or bluetooth. I did install the BB desktop manager but there is a lot of settings which is not familiar to me.

Please help me to set up my BB as a modem!

Thank you...
CPU: Intel Core i5 @ 2.66Ghz
MOBO: MSI P55-GD56
GPU: ATI Club3D HD5770 1G
SCREEN: Samsung SA350 24"
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Re: Blackberry as internet modem.

Post by Stuart »

If it's only IB, why not just connect to the mobile site for your bank and do it on your phone?
Puento

Post by Puento »

i have to print proof of payment to fax later on thats why the laptop works better.
When i use bluetooth to connect it cant register the connection on the network, any reasons for that?
CPU: Intel Core i5 @ 2.66Ghz
MOBO: MSI P55-GD56
GPU: ATI Club3D HD5770 1G
SCREEN: Samsung SA350 24"
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Post by Stuart »

Tbh, I've never tried using mine as a modem. I'd have to try it to see what settings to use.
KALSTER
Forum Moderator

Post by KALSTER »

Was just able to do this for my boss. I had to do everything manually though. Am I just an idiot, or is Blackberry PC software really that poor? Don't they have equivalents of Nokia PC Suit or something? It would be huge negative for Blackberry if they didn't. :|

You can find a guide HERE.

* I realise it is a necro. :wink:
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Intel i5 2500; AsRock Z77 Extreme 4; Asus GTX580; 4x 2GB DDR3 1333; Intel 520 240GB SSD + 2x WD 3TB + 2TB Samsung; Samsung 22X DVD/RW; 23" LG W2343T-PF; Huntkey 700W
-Prometheus-
Resident Drama Llama

Post by -Prometheus- »

........................................................................................................................................................................................................
........................................................................................................................................................................................................
BBLounge - Broadband and Technology forum
Please like our facebook page