Foxconn Factory working conditions

A place for all tech stuff that doesn't really belong anywhere else.
rustypup

Re: Foxconn Factory working conditions

Post by rustypup »

pfft.. i turn a blind eye all the time... 6Bn strong and accelerating, we're nothing to worry over... we could support a world of human-flesh-consuming, anal-probing, ETs for a fair number of generations before they managed to even make a dent...

we can cry and moan about it all we want, but human life is currently cheaper than paper... :/ we can spend time and effort denying this on whatever fallacy-rich grounds we hold near and dear, doesn't change anything...
Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so - Bertrand Russel
wizardofid
Processor: Intel 2500K
Motherboard: Gigabyte B75M D3H
Graphics card: inno3d Jericho 570GTX
Memory: 8Gig DDR3 1333mhz

Post by wizardofid »

@KALSTER
Actually what I was trying to get across in an obvious troll is that word that you mention is used carelessly....Like me saying I "care" about your well being....I don't I do not care about any ones well being.....I would not wish harm on you is still doesn't mean I "care" about you....

So saying I "care" about some thing happening half way around the world with absolutely no understanding what is actually happening in that country nor general culture, social structures and moral applicable standard to their society.Would be a false statement.?

I "care" more about the stray dogs in my town, that the million other dogs getting slaughtered for food.

So if you could not see me obviously trolling and poking fun in are social inept double standard society....then I don't know what.

But +1 for the pup he always makes me smile...I hated his shoot or be shot philosophy it's only now that I understand he is onto some thing big....because eventually every man for him self will actually have a meaning attached.....
Last edited by wizardofid on 10 Sep 2010, 12:51, edited 1 time in total.
"In my weird politically incorrect hypothetically incoherent contradicting obscured world definitively maybe"
Prime

Post by Prime »

There are too many people in the world, plain and simple.

And China will suffer the same fate as any prosperous country. The workers will begin to want more and Industry will choose someone else to walk all over. I seem to recall reading about protests in China over pay a few months back.

If you want to blame someone for the mess back home, blame the government. we let them fire the skilled people, we let them sell our manufacturing rights and IP to China and India and let our industry and infrastructure go to hell.

Britain has got the same problem. They have systematically sold off all their industry. The motor car companies are gone, the engine manufacturers are gone, the ceramics industry is gone, they let's cadbury's sell out to kraft who closed the factory and moved it elsewhere.

The us is also doing this.
jee

Post by jee »

perhaps one looks at the world and what is happening in order to compare to what is happening here, in our own country. Perhaps this news was bought to our attention because some of us would not enjoy luxuries or even every day things when it comes with the blood of another.

It seems though that media hype has itsplace.
With interesting consequences?

For two decades now, you and I have shopped until Chinese workers dropped
"Integrity" and "integer" both contain a Latin root meaning "whole; complete." The root sense, then, is that people may be said to be acting with integrity when their beliefs, words, and actions have a sense of unity or wholeness.