Seagate HDD swap out?

Any hardware related topics go here.
PsyCLown

Seagate HDD swap out?

Post by PsyCLown »

Hi all,

A while ago my Seagate 500GB HDD just died. It does not get detected in the BIOS and if I try connect it while windows is on, it still does not get detected.

I have just checked on the Seagate site and the HDD is still under waranty until 07-Aug-2013. I cannot remember where I purchased the drive though and obviously no longer have the receipt.

How can I go about getting my drive swapped out?

Thanks
“The true bare of any man is his willingness to accept the consequences of his actions.” - iser0073

Spoiler (show)
APPARENTLY 92% Of Teens Have Moved On To Rap Music.
If You Are Part Of The 8% That Still Listen to real music then put this in your signature.
Stuart
Lead Forum Administrator

Re: Seagate HDD swap out?

Post by Stuart »

Send it back to Seagate directly, and they will send you a new one. You have to pay for shipping, but it's still normally cheaper than a new drive.

I have a couple of drives that I need to send back myself. Perhaps I can just add yours to my shipment and when I get the replacement I can send it back to you?

If you're interested, PM me and we'll work something out.
PsyCLown

Post by PsyCLown »

YGPM!
“The true bare of any man is his willingness to accept the consequences of his actions.” - iser0073

Spoiler (show)
APPARENTLY 92% Of Teens Have Moved On To Rap Music.
If You Are Part Of The 8% That Still Listen to real music then put this in your signature.
omeshzn

Post by omeshzn »

u can sought it out if have the tools google seagate bsy error